Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Level and Rank?

BLUE_APE
BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Does Leveling up affect what rank you have too?
Not like blood web leveling up, the new version of it.

Like I'm not big on ranking anymore because all that did was make me angry, so I all I did was just play, and didn't care what rank I was.

But even I lost a few matches one after the other (Recently) I realized my rank was still at 17, I'm currently at rank 15, but something isn't making sense. and its been a while too so I would assume my rank would have reset eventually.

But no some reason even though I lost and or didn't get a whole lot of points, I still kept my rank

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited September 2018

You player level, next to survivor/killer rank icon?

• BLUE_APE
    edited September 2018

@HellDescent said:
    You player level, next to survivor/killer rank icon?

Yeah my player level, next to my survivor rank icon. ( I'm slowly beginning to main killer but I don't know if that has the same problem yet)

Do you maybe know whats going on?

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Player level is just an indicator of how long you have been playing DBD. It awards Iridescent Shards that you can use in the store when you level up. Other than that, it does nothing.

• HellDescent

as @CoolAKn said it just awards you iridescent shards each level. It goes to lvl 100 and then resets back to 1.
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Player_Level

• HellDescent

You are awarded xp after each game that goes towards your player level.

• BLUE_APE

@HellDescent said:

Oh okay.
    So I guess its either a quidsidence, or maybe a internet problem?
    Because I lost a few matchs and or lost connection, and somehow my rank stayed at 17

• HellDescent

@BLUE_APE said:

@HellDescent said:

Oh okay.
    So I guess its either a quidsidence, or maybe a internet problem?
    Because I lost a few matchs and or lost connection, and somehow my rank stayed at 17

You need 2700 xp to level up from 17 to 18. That's roughly 7 games

• HellDescent

This is what it looks like

• BLUE_APE

@HellDescent said:
    This is what it looks like

Oh yeah I know that you gain exp to level that up
    I was wondering why though despite loosing, not playing as much ( and some dc's) haven't made me go down to rank 20

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    You don't lose rank until Rank 15, even if you lose matches now. This change came in the patch 2.1.0.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    edited September 2018

@CoolAKn said:
    Player level is just an indicator of how long you have been playing DBD. It awards Iridescent Shards that you can use in the store when you level up. Other than that, it does nothing.

Incorrect. Player level is an indication of how long you've been playing DBD as of the release of "Player level". It doesn't count any time spent playing the game prior to the update.

I'm nit picking sure but I've been playing since day 1 with nothing to show thanks to the Player level not giving prior experience.

If I can't flex my virtual muscles then how will I impress the ladies...?