The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we at veary least See killer name was well?

So that we recognise if is the same "lag switcher" little spoiled brat killer, so we can disconnect or leave or even before the match we can leave the room?

Since report system does not work and such i think this would help...ALOT. Thx

Comments

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

While it would help avoid truly problematic players, it would also mean that you could avoid merely good players. Which is a problem.

So I doubt it. And if they are really abusing things like that, report them! You can't complain the report system doesn't work if you don't use it. You can't say a shopping cart is useless if you won't push it. (Probably the weirdest analogy I could possibly come up with, but it's the first one that came to mind. Live with it.)

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

No - it's bad enough having killers leave because someone has a single piece of legacy, we don't survivors dodging because they're using a name they think is a bad player etc.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Crusher said:

So that we recognise if is the same "lag switcher" little spoiled brat killer, so we can disconnect or leave or even before the match we can leave the room?

I literally ran into the same camping Hag 3 times today. I really hate short games, wish I can avoid this person somehow. I understand how you feel but then again some people might just duck and dodge killers that literally do what they have to do fairly (which I find hypocritical because killers do this all the damn time with certain survivors they don’t wanna face)
  • Crusher
    Crusher Member Posts: 45

Alright, kinda understand the concept behinde it about not having killer name, then why in the hell does a killer needs see survivors names? For example its easy to track down the obsession thx to it...like, wthell?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Michiko said:
    Crusher said:

I literally ran into the same camping Hag 3 times today. I really hate short games, wish I can avoid this person somehow. I understand how you feel but then again some people might just duck and dodge killers that literally do what they have to do fairly (which I find hypocritical because killers do this all the damn time with certain survivors they don’t wanna face)

If you run 3 times into the same killer, then there might be not enough killer players in your region.
    Just saying.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:

@Michiko said:
    Crusher said:

If you run 3 times into the same killer, then there might be not enough killer players in your region.
    Just saying.

That and or time of day is a big reason too, early am PST around 2-3 am you'll have the same 2-10 killers or so and the same 12-24 or so survivors playing. Now granted this is around ranks 1-3ish during those time frames on PC.

As far as names neither side should see names at all, killers already dodge based upon items and names, we don't need survivors doing it as well.

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@Michiko said:
    Crusher said:

Just saying.

That and or time of day is a big reason too, early am PST around 2-3 am you'll have the same 2-10 killers or so and the same 12-24 or so survivors playing. Now granted this is around ranks 1-3ish during those time frames on PC.

As far as names neither side should see names at all, killers already dodge based upon items and names, we don't need survivors doing it as well.

Maybe names yes, but no profiles. Killers need some kind of advantage. Since they are in a disadvantage in every aspect of the game.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@Michiko said:

Crusher said:

Just saying.

Maybe names yes, but no profiles. Killers need some kind of advantage. Since they are in a disadvantage in every aspect of the game.

In certain instances I don't think killer should see survivor's names. I have seen a lot of DBD live streams where the killer was stream sniping to know where the player was at all times. It is very difficult for a survivor to stream snipe a killer, unless they happen to search everyone who streams at the time they are in the lobby (but why go through all that effort?)

• powerbats

@CoolAKn said:

In certain instances I don't think killer should see survivor's names. I have seen a lot of DBD live streams where the killer was stream sniping to know where the player was at all times. It is very difficult for a survivor to stream snipe a killer, unless they happen to search everyone who streams at the time they are in the lobby (but why go through all that effort?)

Agreed names should never be shown ever since I've had so many games where it's obvious the killer is stream sniping it's not even funny. The killer should always see characters but that's it.

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@CoolAKn said:

Agreed names should never be shown ever since I've had so many games where it's obvious the killer is stream sniping it's not even funny. The killer should always see characters but that's it.

Maybe don't have tv in your name?
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@CoolAKn said:

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@CoolAKn said:

None of the streams I've seen sniped had TV in the name, but yes, having TV in your name doesn't help at all. Some streamers even change their gamer tag for DBD to avoid this, but sometimes, people still find a way to snipe.

• powerbats

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@CoolAKn said:

While I agree not all have it in their name as @CoolAKn said, some just have a streamer channel listed or .yu etc.

• Tsulan
    CoolAKn said:

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@CoolAKn said:

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@CoolAKn said:

None of the streams I've seen sniped had TV in the name, but yes, having TV in your name doesn't help at all. Some streamers even change their gamer tag for DBD to avoid this, but sometimes, people still find a way to snipe.

If it's someone big like panda or true, than they'll always find a way to snipe. Even without names. They'll just look for the corresponding survivors+skins.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2018

Once, survivors could see the killer's name/profile. The result was that if the killer had Nurse achievements or high amount of hours survivors would dodge. A lot, way more than killers who dodge for swf or similar.