The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer items are too strong

Moris, infinite exposed, one hit huntress axes.... the list goes on and on. We see these as being fair, but TOOLBOXES were too strong?! you get one hit by an axe and then get mori...where is the fair play in that? You can't expect a survivor to live forever and to play perfectly while the killer can make mistakes. I grow tired of the imbalance of the game. Yea, you'll say some bullshit like "git gud", well why don't you have to "git gud" as the killer but instead you get baby sat. Not everyone in this game are rank 1 survivors. You destroy the game for the 85% of people that aren't because killer is going to win.

Comments

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

85%? Of who? Where did you get this statistic?

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Who's complaining about infinite T3?

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

Mm delicious bait

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 168

What i find honestly interesting is that Iri Head is only just starting to become a problem to people now. Huntress has been in the game what 3 years now? Rarely was it ever mentioned on the forums as it was always Nurse, Billy threads. Survivors got what they wanted and now Nurse is undeniably weaker, they then complained about Spirit, once again got what they wanted, they then move onto Billy which the ideas are hilarious such as 110% Billy thats laughable. Now people want Huntress nerfing all of a sudden.

Lets be honest guys you want this game to be a cake walk i get it and its way to obvious you can't even deny it. Once X gets nerfed you will just move onto X because you know the devs listen to the majority over the minority, even if what the majority say is completely wrong.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I think you are new to the game. So, try to play as killer, especially in hight ranks and we can talk

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

You seem to forget what killer nerfs there was before they nerfed survivor toolboxes and insta heals. Last year was mostly killer nerfs and survivor buffs, becouse of this survivor queque times are horrible again.

• Sydraen
    Sydraen Member Posts: 102

I forgot survivors are allowed to bring 4 brand-new parts into a single trial but god forbid a killer uses an addon to make their experience easier, playing against 4 seperate people. You can counter half the stuff you mention if you open your eyes and practice, you're literally just expressing you're bad at the game by posting a public whine, so yeah, 'git gud' is applicable.

• TheOneTrueTristan
    TheOneTrueTristan Member Posts: 85

I can see a lot of this stuff could be annoying for a more casual player. I'd even go as far as to say they should make moris only usable on people who are on their last hook, effectively making it a cosmetic kill animation and nothing more.

The thing with the add ons tho is that they are far from guaranteed wins. The most I'd do with the add ons listed is make it to where iri heads prohibit hatchet increase add ons, turning it into a "one in the chamber" type add on. Infinite Tier 3 is incredibly hard to build up if survivors are paying attention and survivors who understand their mobility have no trouble dodging hatchets, especially when its iri head due to the pressure of being one shot

Once again, I understand the frustration if you're a more casual player, but you can't expect people not to play competitively and use some of the best items in the game. That's how you get pissed off when they inevitably do.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

This is how it works, though. Killers complained about insta heals so they got nerfed, then they complained about toolboxes so they got nerfed, then they complained about survivors stacking on gens so that got nerfed, now it’s stretched resolution for some reason that is the source of all killer woes. It’s always worked this way in DBD and it always will. Survivors complain about the strong stuff and killers complain about the strong stuff, then when the strong stuff gets weakened they complain about whatever is next on the list. People love to complain about this game, they always have and they always will. It’s the circle of nerfs, it’ll never end.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

You won't see many good players use the overpowered addons. Most of the time it's potatoes running them, so whilst the items are difficult to counter, the players using them aren't

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533
    • Moris do suck but so do keys. An eye for an eye.
    • Iri Head Huntress is not something I have encountered in a very long time. Plus, she can have 3 hatchets at most which aren't hard to dodge if you know what you're doing.
    • Infinite T3 Myers takes a very long time to build up, the game should nearly be over by the time he gets it.

To me, this just sounds like a post someone decided to make after 1 bad game versing a killer using their ultra rare add-ons. A lot of the ultra rare add-ons for killers aren't even that game-changing. Ghostface, Doctor, Pig, all have add-ons I don't see anyone complaining about. It's just the select few killers who have large impact add-ons people seem to hate on, even though they don't show up in 95% of games.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Myers, he has addons that allow him to be infinitely tier 3, and he has addons that allow him to mori instantly survivors that are injured/healthy.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
    edited May 2020

I completely forgot about Myers. . . I don't play him, so he didn't occur to me. In that case, be more aware and don't let him spend two minutes stalking.

Post edited by Rivyn on
  • Kakateve
    Kakateve Member Posts: 287

I don’t know why you 30-50 hours survivor mains keep finding this forum. Why won’t you post whiny comments on steam instead? Less effort for something that noone takes seriously.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Except Myers can build his tiers from a long distance and it’s harder to hide in these maps that are cluttered with more deadzones lol

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257