The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Think we'll ever get automated struggle?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

100% disclosure - I use a macro (from my mouse) for it, and it still gets me killed sometimes due to lag (I assume).

I'm assuming this is something that is universally desired, but not implemented for whatever reason.

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Desperate for Struggle removal here. Not the phase, just any input.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Letting go during struggle is a strategy so I would think they wouldn't remove it. Nobody likes mashing buttons though so yeah it is a mystery why they never changed this.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

This is bhvr, consumer friendly quality of life changes are forbidden. Enjoy your spacebar. Oh you use a macro? Well bhvr ain't helping you if eac flags you. Enjoy the ban then.

We really need it, something the community wanted changed since launch. And here we are 4 years later. We still have this monkey stupid mechanic.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Yes

#End The Button mashing

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169

I would love for it to happen

You could just have a "give in" option if for some reason it is more advantageous to go down (People probably gonna use it to suicide instead but I don't like having no option at all to not die on the hook at your leisure).

I'm not gonna hold my breath but it would be nice.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It won't happen. The devs have stated they want you to be engaged in the game during struggle phase, not just checking your phone until someone saves you.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

I had to use over 4 buttons for struggle, my spacebar is almost #########, F doesn't work all the time, the tab button isn't working at all now. Now i'm using my scroll.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Imo the struggle should be in the other way around, your character struggles automatically and if you want to ######### for different reasons, give the hatch for example, there should be a button to do it rather than you smashing your controller

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    edited May 2020

Yeah but those were based on actually doing something. You mashed the button in a short period of time(usually at max 5 seconds) to use a finisher, beat a door down, or open a welded chest shut(seriously, why does Ancient Greece have so many welders, and why do they all love welding fancy chests shut?). The rest of the game was running around and attacking with the square or triangle button.

But I agree about the amount of mashing someone might be doing. Maybe they just play too much, or maybe they're hitting the button too hard/too fast. You only need to hit like 4 times per second, I've tested it myself, I just slow down the speed of the mash, I think I've managed 3 per second, but at some point you end up going too slow. 4-5/second is probably the sweet spot if you're looking to not break your controller, keyboard, etc.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

They should just make it automated and give you an option to kill urself on hook when struggling. It's that simple :F like @raulblideran said aswell.

• DwightOP

"hold for 2 seconds to let go" here you go my son, that's the fix you are looking for.

• DwightOP

Which doesn't even make sense since I could still smash with one hand whole scrolling on my phone. Besides the fact that the reason bhvr has given is absolutly stupid, no other game does this.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Haha yeah as I said further ahead in the comments this is what I had in mind with my comment but didn't write down, but thanks for helping.

• DwightOP
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'd like to see this...

• Survivors can't die in the 2nd phase unless their 2nd phase health bar has completely depleted, which will still follow the established rules. (Meaning they'll still die if it runs out after the 60 seconds, if they're the last one hooked it'll deplete immediately, if everyone is in the 2nd phase or dead it'll also deplete immediately, etc.)
    • Small(ish) Skill Checks without Great Success Zones appear every 3 seconds or so.
    • Hitting them will grant you 50/100 Bloodpoints in the Survival category.
    • Failing them will grant you 0 Bloodpoints.
    • Not even attempting to hit them for longer than 10/15 seconds will result in the Entity trapping the Survivor & Hook in Entity Legs, making it impossible to save them.
    • Furthermore, their 2nd phase health bar stops depleting, keeping them there.
    • This effect can be removed by simply hitting the Skill Check that they've been ignoring thus far, though it'll take about ~5 seconds for the Entity Legs to fully retreat.
    • While trapped, all Auras are turned off & all sounds are extremely muffled, but not completely silent.
    • A specific situation: If there are 2 alive, 1 of them is trapped on a Hook & the other found the closed Hatch, by pressing the button you normally press to jump into the Hatch, it'll fling open, you do the jumping animation, and at the same time, the Entity starts killing the trapped Survivor.

There are probably more problems with this idea, but i hope those could be solved somehow, this was mainly thought up to make suiciding less appealing, but not fully stop it, as that's most likely impossible.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

You will never get banned for using your mouse software (like logitech/ razer) which has a macro setting as well.

• DwightOP

Yes you can, some people got false flagged for having rbg lighting lol. The issue: if you got false flagged neither eac or bhvr will help you. You are simply F'ed and have to move on

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2020

I never was and I use a struggle macro since 2016.

No disrespect but what you say sounds made up. Dunno where you heard that but that's a bunch of bs. No one can ban you for using a gaming mouse software that's necessary to use the mouse lol. So there will never be such issue.

If you use a 3rd party macro software then that's another story.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 956

I actually like the struggle thing. I mean, I don't like to have to mash a key from my keyboard, but it's cool because it makes the survivor feel pressured instead of just chilling on the hook and looking around. It helps giving the game some atmosphere and even horror aspect, something the game lacks outside the amazing visuals and sound effects.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

I think struggling should be replaced with something else entirely.

It's boring to wait for as killer and it's annoying to do as survivor. Same with having to hold a button to recuperate even though you can't recuperate fully without specific perks. I get that it's meant to add options and give to the theme that you are struggling to stay alive but I think there are probably better ways to do that.

It also might be nice to add items that effect struggling or recuperation too for survivors rather than it being a button mash or wait fest.

• DwightOP

Yes eac can ban you

10 seconds of using Google and clicking the 1St link. But hey I made it up and it's bunch of bs amaright?

You can find more if you Google yourself. But I disrespect you for saying I made it up without doing 1 minute of research by yourself.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Im talking about struggling while being carried, its bad for the stick eventually wears them out. Also no I never played god of war

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

I don't even play survivor much and I think Struggle phase is silly and a pain in the arse.

Don't make people mash and mash that quickly for that long. It's just a mechanic to create frustration.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

One can only hope.

• Number_5
    Number_5 Member Posts: 7

I don't think the removal of struggle is a good idea, but I'd really prefer that struggling gets automated when the survivor tries to kobe off the hook to throw because they can't handle a DC penalty of 5 minutes.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

It's such a dumb reason though. There are a million ways to make it engaging yet not mind-numbingly boring as mashing a single button over and over. Like I could list 10 off the top of my head that would require you to be paying attention but wouldn't be the single most annoying thing you have to do each match as a survivor.