The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What am I doing wrong with dropping pallets?

People talk about pallets like they are the greatest thing in the world. Then when playing killer myself I sure see that come into play a lot. However, when I am attemtpting to use them to stun a killer or save myself from the hit last second. There is an overwhelming chance I will take the hit and or get downed.

Sometimes to the point where a killer somehow got through to my side of the pallet before dropping it. I always felt like if it was my internet I would see this happen to survivors who play me. But no, I have encountered survivors who can drop pallet after pallet on me with perfect results for them.

Best Answer

Answers

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    It's an issue that occured when they removed pallet vacuums. Expect to notice a difference when the next patch goes live.
  • Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    It's an issue that occured when they removed pallet vacuums. Expect to notice a difference when the next patch goes live.
    I thought it was only a change when you're standing still and facing the pallet? I hope it's fixed though, tired of getting hit through pallets. I always felt bad when a EW3 hit a survivor when they stunned me like "That shouldn't have hit them but I'll take it".
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

killer can hit you through the pallet before it is dropped => drop it earlier next time

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@Zaije said:
    Khroalthemadbomber said:

I thought it was only a change when you're standing still and facing the pallet? I hope it's fixed though, tired of getting hit through pallets. I always felt bad when a EW3 hit a survivor when they stunned me like "That shouldn't have hit them but I'll take it".

I'm kinda dreading the next patch as a lot of m1 killers who already struggled with the pallet game are likely to lose a lot of hits. This may mean a resurgence of the sames killers every games which is not healthy for the survivor experience. However I will concede its nice to see the dev's close off some of the more obnoxious loops. So I'll have to wait to see what the game will be like.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

@Peasant said:

When you insert witty meme without reading the post. LOL you think im one of those master map knowledge pallet loopers who simply know how to keep resetting distance between the killer? I can't even use the pallets effectively. Playing against those people made me realize how screwed the balance of the game overall can be. I feel like enough knowledge from survivors can simply be enough to ALWAYS over come the killer no matter how they play.

I don't rely on pallets. I seem to have an entirely different experience with pallets than most survivors. They don't seem to be the live saver for me that they are for other people and even the survivors I play against.

Survivor regular pallet drop. Killer is approx 6-7ft away and killer lands hit on me when pallet drops. Like I said earlier sometimes managing to go through to my side of the pallet. Strangely enough that almost NEVER Happens to me as killer when I hit the survivor through the pallet.

Killer regular pallet drop. I am juuuust closing in for that hit and BOOM pallet smacks me I don't land the hit and survivor flies off. Never added up to me.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Peasant said:

When you insert witty meme without reading the post. LOL you think im one of those master map knowledge pallet loopers who simply know how to keep resetting distance between the killer? I can't even use the pallets effectively. Playing against those people made me realize how screwed the balance of the game overall can be. I feel like enough knowledge from survivors can simply be enough to ALWAYS over come the killer no matter how they play.

I don't rely on pallets. I seem to have an entirely different experience with pallets than most survivors. They don't seem to be the live saver for me that they are for other people and even the survivors I play against.

Survivor regular pallet drop. Killer is approx 6-7ft away and killer lands hit on me when pallet drops. Like I said earlier sometimes managing to go through to my side of the pallet. Strangely enough that almost NEVER Happens to me as killer when I hit the survivor through the pallet.

Killer regular pallet drop. I am juuuust closing in for that hit and BOOM pallet smacks me I don't land the hit and survivor flies off. Never added up to me.

Apologies if the meme hurt your feelings, I have recently discovered the imgflip meme generator and I am determined to make more Dead by Daylight memes. Anyway while admittedly the meme's tone is rather rude allow me to state my actual advice. 

If pallets only get you hit then I recommend that you avoid using them overall. You can only have 4 perks so if looping is punishing you then I recommend you double down on stealth perks. After all you can't get hit if there's no chase.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited September 2018
    Peasant said:

Don't you think it would be better to fix stuff to make it work as intended instead of that? Dedicated servers would be a great step to fix many problems, including that.
    We all know it's a latency problem, and no one should use that to their advantage.
  • serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2018
    I frequently get hits on survivors through pallet stuns and I frequently get hit after pallet stunning killers when playing survivor. It’s supposed to be a bit better next patch as they are shortening the survivor animation to drop a pallet. But for now, just try to do it a split second earlier than you think you should. At worst, they won’t get stunned but you still dropped the pallet and can use it to gain some distance.
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    And here I am landing a hit on survivors then getting stuck inside a pallet
  • Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

I've found a pretty good work around the current way the pallet works. When running away from a pallet, there's still somewhat of a suction feature that when letting go of shift and dropping pulls you back to drop it. You look like you're booking it at first, but will drop it as soon as they go through it. It takes some practice, but it's worked wonders for me so far. Just don't run too far away from the prompt!

Always make sure to be careful, though. Timing is everything, and the slightest delay can cause you to get smacked during the animation.

• @Peasant said:

This isn't 2011, pal.
    That meme is beyond irrelevant.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vietfox said:
    Peasant said:

Don't you think it would be better to fix stuff to make it work as intended instead of that? Dedicated servers would be a great step to fix many problems, including that.
    We all know it's a latency problem, and no one should use that to their advantage.

So why dont you just add dedicated servers to the game and solve all our problems? :wink: