I know solo is tough and stuff

WRussoW
WRussoW Member Posts: 715

But I can't handle it anymore. My teammates are worse than potatoes. There's one job that they can do easily, it's fixing gens. But they can't even focus on them for some reason. I can't play with people who try to heal me when I'm freaking broken. I'm for real, they endlessly teabag so I could let them heal me and refuse to fix gen for a good chunk of time. When they're injured, I point finger at a nearly fixed gen so we could finish it faster because a killer is near, NO, they self-care right in front of me while I fix the gen alone. I just had a game there a Nea went into a locker against the Legion and gave up after being hooked.

When will the new matchmaking system come? Solo has been known as hard experience but everything is getting too bad with the current rank system. It's unbearable and totally not enjoyable.

Comments

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

Oh, so when I want to play as a killer, I get a SWF party with uber prestige. OKAY, GOT YOU GAME.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited May 2020

I don't think matchmaking will fix this. Rank 1 survivor here and believe me when I say there are plenty of potatoes in red ranks too.

Last night an injured Nea ran to a hook I was being carried to right before I was about to be hooked and actually attempted to sabo it. Myers just smacked her down easily and got a free hook from her after he hooked me. This Nea was a rank 2.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

While I was being carried to a hook, a David tried to tank a hit for me when Haunted Grounds was active.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited May 2020

Yeah, matchmaking has been...rough to say the least lately.

As a Killer, I keep getting put in against teams of barely sentient potatoes that managed to turn a video game system on and start a game of DBD. As frustrating as getting a SWAT SWF Team to go against, it isn't exactly fun to have a group of survivors clearly have no idea what they're doing to play against either. I have had so many games lately where I just absolutely slaughter the survivors with no real effort on my part. It's gotten to the point where I am pretty routinely smacking survivors and then breaking off the chase myself just to give them a chance to not get murdered.

As a solo survivor, it's amazing to be on those teams now and wonder "Wow...was I really THIS bad at some point?". On the plus side sometimes it isn't so bad for me as I also seem to be put with new killers too and can (relatively) easily dodge and juke them. As long as I can manage to not get myself caught, my potato teammates are usually not a big deal for me but you are super fuqed if the killer does manage to catch you as the potato is the most timid and afraid creature and will come nowhere near the hook if there is a possible chance that the killer might at some point be within 500 meters of the hook you are stuck on...

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

That has been my complaint of late.

As killer, it's either I totally steamroll a team of obvious pugs who aren't coordinating at all, or I get totally steamrolled by SWF Team 6.

The whole "2k average" thing must come from the fact that everyone always gets 4k or 0k. 😂

• vindictive
    vindictive Member Posts: 21

When I read this I thought I wrote :)) it's nice to be not alone ...

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

This is basically the truth right here for the solo experience. I was playing Bill, i lost count how many times i saved the Davids and the other player who died. Thank the lords for borrow time. Turns out oh hey, they were new [rank 13 or below] and so was the huntress. I somehow double pip from dying. First time i mess up, i was placed on hook and well, i died on that hook. The Davids seem scare shirtless, fearing to come anywhere near that hook or to even do a gen.

Which i was surprise i double pip from a match i died in.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

It's better to heal before finishing a generator, because when you pop that generator, you won't have time to heal because the killer might be headed in your direction.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

My main concern with solo is people practically killing you. I've gotten out of 3v1 games and stuff, so I'm not against trying to play even at a disadvantage, especially if it's a manageable killer like Legion that can actually be looped and I can try to waste his time.

Problem is, a lot of the time it feels worse than a 3v1. I feel like a lot of times I play solo I'm wondering what I can actually report people for. I know people shouldn't be punished for just being a gen jockey or whatever, but some people will literally just unhook you right in front of the killer without BTW or anything, or refuse to save you until you hit 2nd hook state even though they're sitting right next to you working on a generator while you're hooked. People just do things to me that practically kill me just as fast as the killer, and as I said, it just makes me think "how much of this stuff can I actually report them for?"

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

My teammate: "Yo, you're being chased and headed for that pallet? Lemme drop it real fast and stand on this side of it. No need to thank me, buddy. Catch ya on the flip!"

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

The new matchmaking system also replaces the ranking system.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

well this happened cause devs changed rankreset and now all the rank 15s are in the red ranks

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Finishing a gen>healing. I always play injured,no adren. Healing is just a waste of time imo. Ofc depends on the killer,but I still don't heal.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I agree. Healing is just a crutch for survivors with bad awareness and/or positioning.