Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who here plays both survivors and killer?

2»

Comments

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    ✋ play both equally.

While survivor is usually more OP, it all boils down to how the game starts. If you can get a kill before before 2 gens are done, you have a 50/50 chance to snowball the game into your favor. That's at least how I view it.

If the survivors are optimal, the chances are 30/70. 
    I’ve kept stats on this playing as survivor. 

About 130 matches worth of data. 

When the first person died with 4 or 5 gens remaining. The gates were never powered. 

When thefirst perosn died with 3 gens remaining. The gates were powered twice. 

When thenfirst perosn died with 2 gens remaining, it became 50/50. 

1 gen remaining. 75%

the magic number for gens is two remaining. That’s what I used to camp my way to rank only using Michael. Get that first person outta the way. 
  • Elric
    Elric Member Posts: 6

I play both, a bit more killer, but I'm a regular survivor as well.

The balance needs some tweaking in various departments, but I personally feel that the survivors have MUCH more ways to ruin the killers fun than vice versa.

Plus, if a survivor is out, he's out, and can start a new game. Killer usually has to endure it till the very end when survivors are being toxic.

• OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2018

Survivor.

Killer is just too stressful for me at times, with survivor I can relax, have fun and still do well.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    I play both sides and I agree, it is pretty balanced on each side. I have lots of fun with both killer and survivor. I just think a lot of issues we face on both sides would be fixed with dedicated servers!
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I play Survivor when I want to chill, but I always really wanted to be a killer main. The fact that sometimes I'm too scared to play Killer just saddens me :/ Don't like risking myself going against Ochido clones

• ZeroAwoo
    ZeroAwoo Member Posts: 10

I play both and I feel like it's more of a see-saw thing, depends on who you get. Sometimes you can get really good killers who make everything look op and broken, and some matches you can get toxic survivors that you can never catch and make your life hell. It's hard to gauge because it all depends on the player, how you play them, how you counter the other, what your good at, what they are good at and so on.

Most times I regret playing killer cause even when ranking up I get people in low ranks acting like they are the new Ochido or Noob3 toxic surv, and some times when I play survivor I feel like the killer always know's were we are without tracking perks and so on. This game could always use tweaks but it's not black and white/ this side vs that.

They need to fix the ranking a bit more and fix lag-switchers and speed-hackers cause the higher you go ie. rank 1-7 the more you see.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Both are op