Slug or tank the DS?

Freesham
Freesham Member Posts: 262

Let's say it's around the mid game, 2-3 gens left. A survivor gets unhooked but you can't find the unhooker, only the injured unhookee. When you down them, do you just slug and go look for more survivors, or pick them up and tank the DS if they have it so you don't have to worry about it anymore?

I'm thinking slugging would be better if you don't have time to hook and instead need to chase survivors of generators. What do you guys think?

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Usually it's best to chase survivors off generators as this slug will give you some extra pressure. Either:

1) they get forced to use their unbreakable if they have it this early on;

2) Or a survivor has to come and pick them up while you chase at least one other.

This results in either really easy pressure later in the game when you get a free slug if needed, or a ton of pressure getting the survivors away from their objective.

Of course, if you know for a fact that no one is doing gen work, it could be helpful to eat the DS there and then.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I think you should consider the circumstances first. Are the survivors pressured enough for you to tank the hit? Or can you spare enough time to look around while you leave the Survivor slugged on the ground?

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115

Slugging the survivor creates more pressure

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I would slug, not to avoid DS, just to incapacitate them while I find someone else. Then I don't have to worry about them doing a gen, but they get a chance to get picked up and back in the game without an immediate rehook...which coincidentally takes someone else off a gen to get them up. This is why I don't ever deal with DS.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Tanking the DS is basically giving the survivor a free health state, I wouldn't use this strategy unless you can get major value out of tunneling them later.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It all depends on the game tbh

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Slugging would probably be better.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

So same question, but instead of being able to hit and slug them, they're able to jump into a locker.

I feel like in this situation tanking the DS is better since walking away means they get away for free without having to use DS until later.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Yup, they get a free health state either way but by tanking it they lose DS.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Early on I eat it, mid to late game slug them.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2020

I always go for the slug. Forces someone to come pick them up or atleast forces an unbreakable. Either way they are out of the fight for a bit and probably drawing another person in as well. Hovering a bit in the area especially as a stealth killer can punish both quite well. I've slugged back down a lot of unbreakables. Keeps em away from my jigsaw boxes as well hopefully activating their hat if it's not already.

A slugged person is bait, eating a ds is just giving a free health state imo. They'll just run during the stun and you'll have no one near you again. Everything you can do that draws survivors to you is in your interest imo. You want as many close to you as possible as often as is possible.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

If I got nowhere to be I'll pick them up. If they start rushing gens I know who to tunnel.