Killer Mains, how is your games after mid chapter changes?

SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

**disclaimer this is just an opinion after playing**

Alpha Squads who vocalize your every move to the entire team the entire match is a little underwhelming as killer, you're not feared, there's only certain kits that can cover the pressure gap that other killer's play styles just don't. Then they sit there and tag team and voice with dead hard and etc to extend chases to no end and it's the perfect distraction to rush gens. I've seen numerous topics about how swf is over powered, this and that. What are your thoughts?

I think the mid chapter is a good start to balance out those 3-4 end of line perks some people run. It opens up maps to not just be an endless circle chase every time, and make it more unpredictable options. It seems running the new ruin with hex:retribution is the only option to slow down games for me. i just wish for more options to put pressure, it forces me to stick to a certain build if i don't want a terribly fast and frustrating match.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Pretty close to how they usually were. Good survivors get 1 or 2 out. Bad survivors get 0 or 1 out. It's a lot less stressful too.

• Waffleyumboy

"I would hate to see BHVR address the problems on both sides."

Fixed your statement for you. Now it more blatantly exposes your bias so less people are confused :)

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Things seem fine to be honest. Taking out a bunch of infinites helps a lot. If a Survivor team outplays me I lose, if I outplay them I win. Usually if I lose I know why, things seem fine.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

this ^

though i have to admit ive seen a few survivors who adapted to the new structures really well and looped the hell out of me xD

the good thing is, that i am no longer forced to ignore certain parts of the maps, just because there is a godloop around that would have cost me the game.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Unchanged.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I'm rusty from not playing as much so I'm not thinking about wins or losses, but there isn't much difference that I can tell.

I still feel helpless in some situations that are out of my control. Waiting on those things to be adjusted, but really there's not much difference from before.

I'm very interested in what the data says about the changes though.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

I generally play slower killers, so these smaller maps have let me give out one way tickets to pound town in bulk now.

Also relearning nurse is actually possible now that you can float to an area before a gen is done.

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98

Really been enjoying the games even before the patch. I really think people need to not take this game as competitively as often do. It’s an asymmetrical multiplayer after all, it’s never going to be fully balanced. The patch however has made quite a few nice changes. Most god loops are gone so I don’t have to go through hell when some survivors just b line for them when I began a chase. So that’s really nice. A plentiful of maps have also been made more balanced and some smaller. So overall it hasn’t been too much of a difference but I’m still enjoying myself, more so then solo queue survivor. My rankings for fun rn would probably go like this.

1. SWF with friends (We tend to just mess around with goofy builds rather then go sweaty full team with flashlights and keys)
    2. Killer
    3. solo queue
  • Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I still hate corn maps as Nurse.

Otherwise the update is fine. I even started to play more survivor again :)

• Waffleyumboy

Or maybe just you personally can't beat optimal survivors?

• Waffleyumboy

Being a veteran doesn't make you skilled, why do you think prodigies exist?

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89

I think part of the problem is that balance is variable depending on where your skills lie on DBD.

For more casual players, survivor was underpowered before the changes and some maps are even more difficult to get an escape on now.

For more experienced players a better balance has been achieved, where the weaker killers handled by a skilled player without mori vs. a meta comp have a better shot at a 4k.

For SWFs with voice comms, killers are still probably pretty unthreatening unless there is a massive skill differential and no amount of changes short of utterly destroying the game for everyone else will have any impact.

In other words - it depends who you ask - on top of that lots of killer and surv mains have their typical biases.

• Waffleyumboy

No one experiences everything, they only experience what they experience. Your attitude is unhealthy.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Same as they've been for 2 and a half years, 3/4Ks all day.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

I feel like the game has finally seen some big changes and for the better i think its the most balanced its ever been.

• Waffleyumboy

Your argument isn't that killers are underpowered, it's that optimal survivors will always beat most killer setups.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Feels like nothing has changed really! I'm still working on my goal though! To get better at mindgaming

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

To clarify, I'm using those two phrases interchangeably. I don't like using the same language everytime.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

Chases are a lot more varied which is good but since the safety of certain god loops is diminished a lot of people just stick to gens. Games go faster. I end first chase fast and win or i lose it or take to long and it's over.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Wow, was interested in the opinions and turns out to be just a battle thread between 2 people...

well, my main opinon is that the game is bugged AF :P

I didn't notice much difference in gen speed

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I got stuck in a pallet and servers have been absolutely terrible. DBD has hated me this past week 😭

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169

Almost as though there's been no change, from my experience. Although, I've had pretty bad luck only getting maps like the one where the two long stacks of cars pretty much double the size of the map, or the other one which is basically 3-gen or lose, and Ormond, which still feels massive with a load of strong loops. The one thing that has changed however, is that I've noticed survivors splitting up more, which has made it quite a bit more difficult to pressure gens.

• SasukeKun

does nobody experience Haddonfield's loops? atleast they took out some vaults

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

then i assume you wouldnt mind all the bs addons getting reworked then :) your bias is showing heavily

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Not that different. The majority of maps are very similar, but the disappearance of god loops is nice. Games play the same, just some chases end a little quicker because the loops are shorter.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

"it forces me to stick to a certain build if I dont want a terribly fast and frustrating match"

Welcome to what it's like to play survivor. 😂

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I find hooks to be a real issue on the reworked maps. A lot of times if I use up just a single hook then an entire area of the map becomes a safe zone where I can no longer hook anyone and this is just silly. They made the maps smaller but I feel like they removed half of the hooks on some of them.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020

Worse. I’m convinced that this patch ######### up Killer movement speed, weapon hits, and lunge distance. I feel like I’m moving very slow (like under 90%) sometimes and that the lunge distance was decreased. I'll be chasing a Survivor and lunge, only for it to stop right before I hit them. We're both running in a straight line, no vaults or 360s or anything like that. I’m playing Doctor, a 115% Killer who doesn’t have any way to modify his lunge.

With weapon hits, it feels like if I’m just a tiny bit off the center of the Survivor’s body, then there’s a 50/50 chance it’ll hit or miss. I think the window change for Survivors ended up messing with Killers, and not in a way BHVR intended.

Post edited by SnakeSound222 on
  • SasukeKun

i actually forgot to mention POP is a good perk, maybe some for Corrupt Intervention even that is timed though.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

I think its going to be even easier as before since i know about main building loops that got removed basically. But i wish i could play my main hillbilly.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

I didn't notice much of a difference other than the god loop changes. Which was the only thing that I struggled with as Killer. I still 4k regularly with Legion. The only time I don't 4k is when I fail to pressure the Survivors, and that is completely my fault.

The deadzones NEED to be addressed though. I feel bad downing a Survivor because they got unlucky and had nothing to work with.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

the same as before, except im not getting frustrated with survivors butt ######### infinites

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Besides the fact I can't play Demo, Billy, or Bubba because BHVR is made of spaghetti code, the only major difference is that gens go much faster then before. I know it shouldn't be possible, but ever since the mid chapter patch anytime I find and hook someone 1-2 gens are done with nothing that I can do about it, even when I bring Corrupt.

• pizzamess11
    pizzamess11 Member Posts: 149

I dont play billy as often since hes kinda bugged.

• hanniballecturer
    hanniballecturer Member Posts: 31

The changes in matchmaking swamped out any map changes. The survivors I'm getting have changed. These games are red and sweaty. Not impossible - I just had a perfect Legion game against a three-flashlight group - but every group feels like that now.

Wins are still possible and fun is still kinda possible, but there is no more relaxation. I can handle about two to three games a night now before I decide to do something else.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Aye, it helps but I hate feeling like I have too run certain perks just too have a fair chance.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Still 50/50 both sides but my killer games are normal no real change.

Good swf teams are still good and weak swf and solo's are still weak just with less infinite loops.

Overall I am just wanting match making to get fixed as that seems to be the biggest problem.

Feels bad on survivor side when I am in red rank breaking a rank 15-20's ankles while gens pop all over the place.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Been purposefully playing low tier Killers lately.

It's been fun a majority of times, but good god is it sometimes annoying getting those survivors who are cocky sometimes.