The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This patch hasn’t fixed gen speeds

2»

Comments

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

It doesn't prove gen speed is fine by a single 4k with spirit with no slowdown perks. Especially since there is just an endgame picture. I could post a picture of 4 people escaping vs a meta perk Ebony mori nurse. Means nothing

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

So you're Huntress, and you ended chases in a matter of like 10-20 seconds. And you're bothered about 1 escaping when you got 3 kills. Like by all means share opinion but it just seems you're upset that you didnt 4k. I wish I could end chases that quickly. If you did that well and only 1 got out, chances are you facing a very very good survivor or just a lucky one. Honestly. Gen speeds were never meant to be addressed the way people were saying they should. And I don't think they'll be adjusted any time soon. Just get used to it. Cant 4k every game.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Im r1 both sides, as a decent billy who usually cant even curve since i havent played in a while its still ez to get r1, and as survivor im decent but really not amazing. It was hard when old rank reset was a thing now rank means nothing

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Gen speeds are fine.

I would remind panicking killers that one gen doesn't open the gates. Nor does two, or three, or four. And it just gets increasingly difficult for the survivors as fewer and fewer generators are up for you to patrol.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171

If you want you can add me on Steam, i like to discuss about those things (after web servers) so i can tell you more about my matches. Not a problem for me if you dont trust me right now. I understand you. It's a forum after all.

I assure you it was a fair match, they were not trolling, trying to do their match 100%. A classical SWF not trolling and trying to do gen as fast as possible. I did pressure, i removed one after one the survs. Last one was at the end of 5th gen.

Gen Speed ? They were not completed quickly, mostly the opposite for the pressure on gen and fast chases.

I can assure you same thing when i play from red rank acc.

• bubba_is_bubba

If you want you can add me on Steam, i like to discuss about those things (after web servers) so i can tell you more about my matches. Not a problem for me if you dont trust me right now. I understand you. It's a forum after all.

I assure you it was a fair match, they were not trolling, trying to do their match 100%. A classical SWF not trolling and trying to do gen as fast as possible. I did pressure, i removed one after one the survs. Last one was at the end of 5th gen.

Gen Speed ? They were not completed quickly, mostly the opposite for the pressure on gen and fast chases.

I can assure you same thing when i play from red rank acc.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited May 2020

I agree and I would add this: any survivor after repairing 1 full generator get a permanent debuff - oily hands or burned hands. Repair speed reduced by 20%.

Edit: It should be both - either helping someone to finish a gen or doing 1 full gen alone.

• bubba_is_bubba

Sry if i hurt your feelings but she's not broken. Probably you dont know how to use her or you don't know how to avoid her. Whatever the right answer is, i am honored to be the first person you answered in this forum 😎

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Gens are not the primary objective for a killer, trying to prevent survivors escaping is. If you spend you're match focusing on gens, you are not hitting/downing survivors. Killers need to move the focus from early game gen protection to downing survivors.

Gens are going to pop and that is okay, unless you go up against team potato force. Take a deep breathe and try to kill them entitled survivors mains of doom squad zero dark 1000...

Personally, as a killer mang, I live for intense games.

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020

Not so OP like you think. A good Killer with PRO & several CONS

• You can only see survivor blood in the phase if you have red add on (very very rare, and in my opinion useless because you will play only with 1 addon). If you have 1 addon you need to wait more recovery power speed or yamaoko hunting duration will be shortened. Not a great deal........
    • Prayer Beads is a purple addon. It's ok to confuse Surv when you are Phasing. But there are some CONS: you can use only 1 addon to lenghten yamaoko hunting duration, phase speed, or to wait less for activation charge speed = Spirit will have less map control
    • Normally you could only see scratch marks in phasing, good for some mind games with her. But those are mind games, you dont see surv movements, you can try to predict according environment, sounds, noise ..
    • If you phase without Prayer Beads it's ez to predict where she is going and to do your best to avoid her. A good tactic, most of the times, is to stop doing gen, to do a run to leave scratch marks and to go in the opposite direction sneaky (many people do that).
    • If you use Iron Will tracking from Spirit is harder than ever if you are a good Surv.
    • ecc. ecc.. ecc..

And Spirit has the second highest skill cap next to the nurse, people saying she takes no skill is false.

But you have great map control, that's a fact.

These premises are just to say that using Spirit you dont have a free win . You have to move often, to do a lot of pression otherwise people finish gen and they say you BB (and probably one of them will t-bag you ^..^).

------

PS I have posted the screenshot not to show to the world "i am cool" (i dont give a *** if i do 4 kills, i am not a youtuber, im a sysadmin) just to show to everyone that gen time is ok if i can have a good result with spirit without using the best addons, without using prayer beads, without using POP and without using RUIN. And those Survivors were not Potato at all. I didnt have a standard match, i was swating, sweating, sweating but i did it anyway doing a lot of pression.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

all they need to do is remove the 40 second 2 man gen speed.

If they must speed up gens then the max reduction should be 60-70 seconds

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I am pretty sure it is an exaggeration and it is more but even if it is not.. what is the problem if in 8 out of 10 games 2 survivors escape and in the other 2 games the killer gets his 4K? Thats still a killrate of about 60%.