Maskless Legion “mask” Yes or No?

Kakateve
Kakateve Member Posts: 287

Would look different of course depending on which outfit you have.

Comments

• megansnotcreative
    megansnotcreative Member Posts: 23

I think it would be a cool idea to see, but takes away the whole concept of a “masked killer” that defines Legion.

• Kakateve

Personally I don’t think that the masked killer concept fits well on Legion. It’s more of a Myers/Trapper thing. Also all 4 of them has well detailed faces in game already which is weird considering that they can’t be seen only a lil’ bit.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

I don't mind. I must say though, imo their faces don't look like they're highschoolers.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

In my opinion, having the mask on Legion not only works thematically (unifying the members as parts of a whole by dehumanising them) but is the only thing that makes the character design even remotely intimidating. Take that away and they're literally just a normal person with a knife.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I just can't take that "killer" seriously.

Every time I see them I always think...

They could have done so much more with this concept.

• TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152

i mean - we got a deathslinger - all he has, is his gun, coat and hat

coat and hat looks cool, while gun looks intimidating.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'm all for it. It's a shame for their faces to go to waste to be honest.

• MerGirl2003
    MerGirl2003 Member Posts: 110

I agree with TheRockstarKnight. As a (Kind of) Legion main I'd love this as an option but they would look super weird without facial animations, especially Susie. Also Susie and Julie should probably be given bangs so they don't look like they're balding.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Definitly yes

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

that would take away pretty much everything from him lol,he's not that interesting anyway

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I would love to have maskless Legion because their faces are scarier than their masks.

Susie looks amazing and creepy but we can't see her :(

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited May 2020

I think the fact that the Legion is just no more people with Knives is what makes them threatening.

Is there a group of people who at first glance you'll never know are killers they're not meant to be threatening from appearance but threatening on the inside.

In fact as they said during the devstream you meant to look at them and not be afraid at all which is why they're so dangerous.

In the grand scheme of things if you were to encountered Jeff in a dark alley when you're by yourself in the middle of the night you're more likely to turn around and walk away and probably walk besides someone for safety, someone like the blonde preppy girl or shy geeky girl with dyed hair only to respectively be killed by Julie or Susie

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Perhaps. To me, dehumanisation is an important part of what makes killers scary. It's a natural human instinct - the more familiar something or someone looks, the easier it is to connect with them emotionally, to sympathise with them, and the less likely you are to fear them. That sort of wolf-in-sheep's-clothing thing can be conveyed through a real-life encounter or through a character's lore in a way that I'm not confident it can be through pure gameplay and visuals.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited May 2020

The masks are a way to strike fear in their prey and to walk around undetected.

You will often find in history similar reasons to ancient masks, like the samurai-war masks in Japan. As Fibijean are mentioned already, most humans feel uncomfortable if they can't really see what they up against (not to mention now the motives on masks).

Also it is a simple way to cover your face. The Legion was founded on earth, before they moved to the entity realm (yeah I have really hard try to not say earth realm here^^). On earth it was pretty important for them to be not being identified. Because Jails can be a boring experience, I guess ;) .

The Legion to play without a mask would be for sure intersting, since I think even more survivors would move close to the Legion because they think, they are a fellow survivor... But it is sadly not a really realistic and story fitting one.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I don't want them to be missing their masks, I would instead like for them to have hoodieless outfits, or at least have their hoods down! I want to see Frank's luxurious hair.... ☺️

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

id like a maskless variant for each member, honestly after i had seen the render of their faces i really wanted to be able to see part of their face... seems a shame to hide it all constantly. i wouldnt even mind a slightly covered mask, say like a dust mask or something so you can see their eyes etc.

• Kakateve
    edited May 2020
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Personally I'd like to see it. Would suit the rift cosmetic tbh.

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    edited May 2020

It would be good to get maskless Legions. The BHVR art team could make different facial expressions. A wide eyed devious look in a chase, an angry gritted teeth look after a pallet stun, an evil smile after a locker grab, squinched eyes after getting blinded, a smirk after a hit, just a plain scowl while moving around.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I like it.

Incidentally, there is a bug that converts all the animations to Julie's. So if you play with a Joey skin and put this mask on, it's now a Julie.

• Timeman63
    Timeman63 Member Posts: 185

I have seen the renders of Susie's face and I concur. Makes me think the Entity had to corrupt her more than the other members to get her to do its bidding.