Sooo why hasn't anyone talked about the hitbox issue in this game?

As I said above.... Bro this game has an incredible hitbox issue. I'm getting hit by the killer when he's not even that close to me. I can vault a window and be running and the killer would swing at it and I'm like um buddy I'm long gone and then pop... I'm injured, like W... T... F??? But yea I'm just wondering why hasn't anyone addressed the bad hitboxes in this game or is it just the host connection, because if so this is even more the reason we need Dedicated Servers!

Best Answers

Answers

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Maby when they get a bigger team for it they might think about it with everyone wanting them and willing to fund it
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    As I said above.... Bro this game has an incredible hitbox issue. I'm getting hit by the killer when he's not even that close to me. I can vault a window and be running and the killer would swing at it and I'm like um buddy I'm long gone and then pop... I'm injured, like W... T... F??? But yea I'm just wondering why hasn't anyone addressed the bad hitboxes in this game or is it just the host connection, because if so this is even more the reason we need Dedicated Servers!

The killer can swing through the window because he has an arm and the arm can reach through the window, just like in real life.

mabye you wanna post some videos to show what "hitbox issues" you are talking about? Guess its only latency problems

• Master

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Orion said:

That sounds like latency (or you're making ######### up). Regardless, this is a topic that comes up often, to the point of saturation.

Making ######### up? Hmm not sure how I feel about this since you just said, the topic has come up often. But I'm gonna guess you're a killer main who thinks it's balanced getting undeserved hits..... Am I right?

Its not the killers fault if you have a bad connection to him :wink:

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

Firstly, that is latency, and it's because the killer is the host!
    Secondly, they've expressed that at this point it would take too much time, effort and resources to even change the game to support dedicated servers - which to me sounds like a bad excuse, besides it something that is a very important QoL improvement.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Orion said:

That sounds like latency (or you're making ######### up). Regardless, this is a topic that comes up often, to the point of saturation.

Making ######### up? Hmm not sure how I feel about this since you just said, the topic has come up often. But I'm gonna guess you're a killer main who thinks it's balanced getting undeserved hits..... Am I right?

Psst (just look at his portrait)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited September 2018

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

You'd be surprised how many people exaggerate (make ######### up) to pretend their problems are bigger than they really are.

@Usui said:

Psst (don't assume things based on portraits).

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

@Master said:
    The killer can swing through the window because he has an arm and the arm can reach through the window, just like in real life.

Comparing real life to this game isn't a good argument. Otherwise, you may as well make survivors downed and dead after one hit, and they can't be healed unless the player has the "emergency room MD perk" and "full staff of hospital resources to stabilize major trauma" perk.

Unless a dev comes out and says "we meant for people to be able to get hit after successfully vaulting through a window because 'windows and arms'", then its a false idea. My understanding of the game mechanics as designed was that windows and pallets were supposed to provide safe distance when used correctly. I agree with the original post - it seems like hit boxes are a bit off and I don't believe its always a lag issue.

• ShortCircuit
    ShortCircuit Member Posts: 2

I'd also like to say the hitbox/autoaim ######### over killers as well as survivors. Sometimes when the survivor is running around a corner the game will attempt to snap onto the survivor but instead hit whatever the corner they are rounding, allowing the survivor to either get some distance, or get to a loop and extend the chase further. I understand the hitbox part, its latency and there's nothing you can do about it but the autoaim/aim assist needs to be either adjusted or flat out removed. It's no fun for either side.

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Orion said:

If the killer doesn’t have the bandwidth to maintain his connection to that many people yes it is. Most games where the lag is the worst I get messages from the killer apologizing. Many know their internet sucks
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

mabye you wanna post some videos to show what "hitbox issues" you are talking about? Guess its only latency problems

Yeah, when's the last time you tried chainsawing through a window? rolls eyes

• Master

@Master said:

Comparing real life to this game isn't a good argument. Otherwise, you may as well make survivors downed and dead after one hit, and they can't be healed unless the player has the "emergency room MD perk" and "full staff of hospital resources to stabilize major trauma" perk.

Unless a dev comes out and says "we meant for people to be able to get hit after successfully vaulting through a window because 'windows and arms'", then its a false idea. My understanding of the game mechanics as designed was that windows and pallets were supposed to provide safe distance when used correctly. I agree with the original post - it seems like hit boxes are a bit off and I don't believe its always a lag issue.

It is indeed intentional that you can hit through the window and you don't even ned to vault for that
    Test it in kyf if you dont believe me. Let the survivor position himself in front of the window and let the killer stand on the other side. The killer can hit through the window and hit the survivor without any vaulting involved.
    Voila, working as intended, just like IRL :wink:

• Master
    kone19 said:
    Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Orion said:

If the killer doesn’t have the bandwidth to maintain his connection to that many people yes it is. Most games where the lag is the worst I get messages from the killer apologizing. Many know their internet sucks
    Then you can search for another host, cant blame this one on the host :wink:

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Orion said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

You'd be surprised how many people exaggerate (make ######### up) to pretend their problems are bigger than they really are.

@Usui said:

Psst (don't assume things based on portraits).

Just out of curiosity, what rank survivor are you right now at this moment?
  • Orion
    edited September 2018

@lyric said:

No idea. I usually leave ASAP and have stopped caring about BP, rank, and all that jazz.
    EDIT: Come to think of it, I haven't played Survivor in a while, so I'm probably rank 20.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Elegant said:

The devs have talked about this before and this largely comes from latency. The way it works is a killer swings and hits you on his screen but because of latency it takes longer to register the hit on your end. This has a lot to do with the fact that each lobby is hosted by the killer instead of dedicated servers. Dedicated servers will cost them a lot of money and I don't see them adding them even if literally every single player wants it.

I have missed someone with them being hit about 80 degrees away from the center of my swing
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

No idea. I usually leave ASAP and have stopped caring about BP, rank, and all that jazz.
    EDIT: Come to think of it, I haven't played Survivor in a while, so I'm probably rank 20.

Doubt that, you're probably around rank 10 knowing your skill in nurse.
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    LOL this happened to me so many times. I remember I dropped a pallet, got slapped and then the killer got stunned after. Like what in hex magic is this????
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@Michiko said:

LOL this happened to me so many times. I remember I dropped a pallet, got slapped and then the killer got stunned after. Like what in hex magic is this????

Dude a dev literally just said it's a latency issue.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    iceman2kx said:

@Michiko said:

Dude a dev literally just said it's a latency issue.

It was a JOKE & I was talking to the OP. *sprays Jerk-away* 
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:

He said "Survivor", dude. And while I appreciate the compliment, lack of training with the Nurse has made me weak with her. Besides, I've mostly been playing Pig and Clown. I did a few streams where I rotated, but I found I needed to practice with those two most of all (Huntress too).

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

It's not a hitbox issue, hitboxes are fine.
    The issue you're experiencing is called "ping". Maybe don't play against 200ms killers and you'll be fine.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@not_Queen said:
    We discussed hitboxes plenty of time. Most of the issues are caused by lag between players.
    However, hitting through the window when the players are close on the other side is intended.

Then, the classic case of ''Killer swings, survivor gets the stun, survivor gets hit'', is caused by the interaction time on the pallet. Dropping the pallet and stun isn't instantaneous so it can cause the situation described. Add lag to the case and it looks even worse.

The team made the interaction with pallets faster for immobile survivors on the next patch, that might help a bit with hit registering. However, the issue will still happen as the stun delay (0.3 second) is still in.

What happened to moving the stun back to the beginning of the animation???

Too unfair to Killers with decent latency I guess??

• Master

@Tizzle said:

@not_Queen said:
    We discussed hitboxes plenty of time. Most of the issues are caused by lag between players.
    However, hitting through the window when the players are close on the other side is intended.

Then, the classic case of ''Killer swings, survivor gets the stun, survivor gets hit'', is caused by the interaction time on the pallet. Dropping the pallet and stun isn't instantaneous so it can cause the situation described. Add lag to the case and it looks even worse.

The team made the interaction with pallets faster for immobile survivors on the next patch, that might help a bit with hit registering. However, the issue will still happen as the stun delay (0.3 second) is still in.

What happened to moving the stun back to the beginning of the animation???

Too unfair to Killers with decent latency I guess??

The killer is hosting the game. You have a latency to him, not the other way around. His screen reflects the server in realtime

• NMCKE
    edited September 2018
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

He said "Survivor", dude. And while I appreciate the compliment, lack of training with the Nurse has made me weak with her. Besides, I've mostly been playing Pig and Clown. I did a few streams where I rotated, but I found I needed to practice with those two most of all (Huntress too).

I know, I read it properly. I just didn't have a lot of time to add more details. However yeah, one of the best killers, keep it up! :)
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    I know, I read it properly. I just didn't have a lot of time to add more details. However yeah, one of the best killers, keep it up! :)

Are you confusing me for someone else? It's rare that I get complimented on my skill.

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

Are you confusing me for someone else? It's rare that I get complimented on my skill.

No I'm not getting you confused with anyone, I'm just saying that you are a great killer! Keep it up because I have a ton of respect for killer's that at least try to learn the nurse, even if they aren't good with her! :)
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    No I'm not getting you confused with anyone, I'm just saying that you are a great killer! Keep it up because I have a ton of respect for killer's that at least try to learn the nurse, even if they aren't good with her! :)

I don't really play Nurse all that much, TBH. I just like that she's the one Killer that puts the fear of the Entity into Survivors' hearts. Furthermore, since I've adopted a more casual playstyle, I had to let her go, or else I'd find myself at high ranks very quickly.

• Orion

But if you wanna watch me rank up/die with Survivor (stealth play only), I'm gonna stream it tonight, in roughly 20 minutes. I'll make a thread in the Media Lounge.