The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nurse on treatment theatre

MIMIK
MIMIK Member Posts: 10

Hello, fellow nurse players.

I'm pretty average, skill-wise nurse, trying to play without excessive camping/tunnelling. I most of the time can teleport on people in range, If I see/hear them with one blink. RN I'm green rank (after rank-reset), playing against purple/red. (I had a RANK1 with old nurse, would consider myself purple as new nurse)

My troubles in getting 4K is map control and strategy-related, I think, sooo... here goes this new, dark, loud and overwhelming with stuff map and it's complete annihilation for me, EVERY TIME. I'm hating this new "Treatment Theatre" in "Léry's Memorial Institute" with all the hatred in my black little hart.

Most of the time, I can't even find people fast enough, seems like no regular addons works for me on this map and people just slow-vault or something. no scratch marks, no nothing. And when I find them and whack them, most of the time they just run like hell in semi-spiral pattern covering behind every object on the map, and there plenty of them. semi-decent survivor can get pretty good distance from me, and get me to waste my second blink in a small loop or dead hard (and there chase is over, I can't catch them with one blink, 'cuz I don't know even slightly what I teleport into this time, showers? corners? patient beds?).

After loosing my first chase, I'm back again on the serch, but this map is dark and loud, everything gets in my way all the time, window sounds like a chest being opened, etc.

Also, middle part of the map has 3 levels of verticality, I can't blink in place and often get teleported from top floor to basement, not on a main floor and vice-versa. It's hands down worst indoors map in the game, and I would play EVERITHING else before this map. But it's too popular right now. I'm consistently getting this map like 20%-30% it's so frustrating! One time got it three times in a row!!! Sometime people get this map AND purple fog, they just crouch in corners to avoid my gaze, it's probably successful most of the time. Worst of all, I sometimes get stuck in walls, behind generators on corners of the map, and I can't get a diagonal blink to the exit gate switch, if I slightly misaligned my blink and got a corner in my blink line.

TL;DR: How to play "Treatment Theatre" in "Léry's Memorial Institute" as a nurse, get 4K and not to be a d*ck about while playing it? (no tunneling / no camping)

Comments

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Despite any tips I can give you, indoor maps are naturally the most difficult for Nurse, so don't feel bad if you don't do well on them.

It seems like your biggest weakness is tracking, so run a full tracking perk build. Discordance, BBQ, I'm All Ears, Nurse's Calling, and Infectious Fright can help a lot for finding people.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Throw on a Lery’s offering with your Nurse and bring no add-ons/perks.

You’ll learn a lot how having add-ons/perks can blind you from doing your objective, knowing when to stop chasing a survivor, and strategizing which area to defend.

• MIMIK
    edited May 2020

Hmm.. will try that right away, I have like 10 of the offerings, maybe it's good idea to grind the map with nothing to my name

Post edited by MIMIK on
  • MIMIK

Don't wanna be such perk dependent, my dude. I like to run silly builds and do archive tasks as nurse.

And I well aware about high difficulty of indoor maps, but The Game is somewhat cool, and demogorgon's map pretty doable as well. Only this map is my nightmare.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Lery's, Hawkins and The Game are actually the maps that I floor-stomp Survivors (and SWFs) on. I only play Nurse with double-cooldown addons, so you might want to try those (especially the pinecone!), and don't blink more than you have to--as in, ESPECIALLY don't blink at the start of the match, and try to only blink when you see Survivors (blink to corners rather than blinking to where you think the Survivor is going to be).

Monitor and Abuse is one of the best perks you can use on her (especially on those maps), as it gives Survivors less time to hide when you're going through areas, and Nurse's Calling with Sloppy Butcher also works wonders on those maps. Using a Ruin + Surveillance combo (possibly with the Sloppy Butcher + Nurse's Calling combo) could especially be powerful on those maps as well! You could also try throwing in Bloodhound to keep track of where they're going if you happen to fail your blinks.

Other than that, I would recommend for you to go into a custom game and explore the map from top to bottom, as well as practice your blinks in all areas. Having map knowledge is the best thing you can do for yourself as Nurse (as well as having double-cooldown addons, hehe)!

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

On lerys you need four detection perks to win as nurse. I highly recommend "I'm all ears" from Ghostface to end chases quicker on indoor maps.

• MIMIK

>Lery's, Hawkins and The Game are actually the maps that I floor-stomp Survivors

Cool. Would like to learn from you. (Do you have some vids, maybe?)

>ESPECIALLY don't blink at the start of the match

how long do I keep the blinks off? They probably gonna finish a gen or two, before I walked to them by foot. (Or do you mean it in "don't waste your second blink?")

>double-cooldown addons

yea... I like distance addons, and sometime gimmiky ones and that screamy one, cuz it's fun... but only on normal maps. I don't wanna change ALL my perks and addons just on the off chance that I'm going to larys

Also, good perk suggestions, I run them pretty often too, except bloodhound. it messes with me juging distance to surv and always feels like a slot wasted.

• MIMIK
    edited May 2020

LOVE "I'm all ears" but, I don't wanna play with 4 detection perks all the time

• MIMIK
    edited May 2020

Had 4 tries. Got one 3K+hatch but vs bad team. The rest is 1-2 kills.

Mainly looks like I'm just not that good in general. Trying to teleport in straight wall line and loosing easy loops, missing hits, etc. Gonna practice more, as base nurse.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I actually do have some videos I could share, I can clean them up and upload them to YouTube! (I do make mistakes in them, but I think they could show you how effective it can be to blink as little as possible!) (And I also never tunnel or camp so I think it's some pretty fair gameplay!)

To not blink at the start of the match requires having a general idea of where Survivors spawn and wasting as little time as possible checking areas. Believe me, it's worth getting the drop on the Survivors at the start of the game, since they have no idea that you're a Nurse and they feel a bit more gutsy when the terror radius approaches! And if Survivors are getting too much progress on gens at the start before you get close, you could use Corrupt Intervention--I use that on her often with great results, no matter which map I'm playing on. It helps funnel Survivors more toward your side of the map and lowers the amount of gens you have to patrol for a bit. But anyway, I never blink on any game until I see a Survivor and am close enough to reach them with my blinks, which has resulted in me getting quite a few grabs off of generators at the start of the game!

I myself don't find distance addons to be too necessary, as I instead use Monitor and Abuse to get closer and I find 32 meters of blink range to be adequate for my needs. I think people seem to forget that Nurse is only .15 slower than a running Survivor, so walking(?) after them and waiting for the perfect blink doesn't hurt too much in chases. Hey, better to spend a little time setting up the perfect blink than blinking too much or too far and having to endure undue fatigue!

And I like switching up my perks too, but I usually end up with M&A + Corrupt Intervention + Nurse's Calling + Sloppy Butcher :-) I've found it to work pretty well on most maps that I play on.