Is it possible to know the Killer before the match starts?

Ghoste
Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I joined a lobby with a player who claimed to know the Killer was Spirit, and so they were gonna leave but the Killer dodged.

Then, the player claimed to know the next Killer was Deathslinger (and he ended up being right).

Is there some hack to know what Killer it is? I guess it's possible they were stream sniping multiple Killer players or maybe they just had a lucky guess, but they seemed confident in knowing. I think this used to be possible with MLGA but that doesn't work anymore with dedicated servers, as far as I'm aware.

Anyone else come across this before?

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2020

they were possibly streaming

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

You can literally check who the killer is by looking at log files of the game which are completely open lmao

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you've never faced that killer before, you get a tooltip saying who it is.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

It would be nice for solo survivors in the loading menu.

• lesterisasweetname
    lesterisasweetname Member Posts: 19

Yes, there is a cheat for this, I myself use it xd just not to come across killers I hate, better for everyone.

• luka2211

Using WITK is bad mate. Too bad bhvr is too garbage and can't detect it. Dunno why they haven't blacklisted it yet.

• lesterisasweetname
    lesterisasweetname Member Posts: 19

I don't see how it's bad. The team doesn't have a suicide in the beginning, I have a good mood, wich is why im playing this game. It's not that I equip specific perks to counter the killer, I don't, im used to playing with one build, if that's what bothers you. Im just done from garbage killers.

• luka2211

It's not allowed by the devs. Unless they literally say "You can use our log files to tell who the killer is and dodge to have a more fun experience" then it's not allowed. It's using an external software(python script or ur just using WITK) to tell something you shouldn't be able to. You might not abuse it,but others will. And it shouldn't be allowed at all. Don't know how don't you see it.

• vaal
    vaal Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2020

Being banned after adding WITK to blacklist could be prevented by making your own private parser. BTW, steam api allows to get ranks, hours and friends in lobby automatically after discovering the killer/survs IDs.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

WITK?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Yeah, people have been doing this for a while and it’s quite easy to do. I have no idea why the devs haven’t fixed it yet.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Sort of. If I play Bloody Part Streamers or an Escape Cake it's always a tunneling Wraith or a facecamping Basement Bubba.

• luka2211

Ur correct lmfao. Dunno why are the logs so easily acessed,you can just manually look at the txt file to know who's the killer instead of using a program anyway.

• About8Genjis
    About8Genjis Member Posts: 129

"Who is the Killer"

A programm that lets you know which killer you are currently facing during the lobby.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

But it's tech! I mean we had Wake Up Tech, nobody got in trouble for that, Hook Tech, Stretched Screen Tech, Locker-DS Tech, Tactical-DIsconnect-To-Give-Hatch Tech, etc.

We'll call it...Lobby Tech!

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited May 2020

To bring this up - this is something that would have to be patched out. They literally can not ban for it. It doesn't modify with game files, or inject into the memory at all. Some of them even run on Java, so you literally wouldn't be able to have it blacklisted by EAC. They have to fix their stupid spaghetti code, and patch it out. That's LITERALLY the only solution.

You don't even need to use the programs to do this. You can literally open the log file in note pad. It's literally in plain text if you know what you're looking for, which I won't divulge here. I say this so directly because maybe, just maybe, it will light a fire up their ass and fix it.