The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD isn't playable.. BCUZ:

thai_libra
thai_libra Member Posts: 35
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

So I have been playing DBD for quite a while now but for the last few days the game is basically stressing the crap out of me whenever i play killer or survivor. I am talking about the system. Whenever i play as a survivor I am paired with very low ranking survivors and high ranking killers; no chance of survival, with inexperienced players.

However when I play killer it hits me hardest. Whenever i play as the killer I am always paired with the highest ranked players like in the red ranked players, who are experienced, who troll and loop etc. I understand there's no changing how players play. It's logical. But what I have been very annoyed with is how I am paired when matchmaking. It does not make sense that I can be paired with inexperienced players when I am playing as survivor but very experienced players when playing as the killer.

When they are in different ranks they have different skills, higher leveled perks and gear. Which makes it completely unfair when facing against me. Don't you see that it makes it impossible to face high ranking players. What I have experienced in other games are that you can be paired with players that have a similar ranking, which would make the game at least playable. Because now whenever I enter the game as survivor I die first, when I play as the killer they gen rush in minutes. I hope you can change this matchmaking system to make the game fair and playable for all players.

Doesn't anyone have this problem?

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Yes, pretty much everyone has this problem. A fix is in the works.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

Hell yes. Consistently. It's aggravating, and frustrating. After working all week, I like to chill with a little game time on the weekends, but with the matches I get, I'm ready to turn the game after the first match. Not to mention, unless you are an ace at playing killer, progressing through the ranks to see where you are skill wise is a joke.

• Achioino
    Achioino Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2020

After about 3 games as killer i usually am done for the day. Que times for ps4 for survivors is decent mid day, i just roll surv then to ease the stress lol. Gonna buy bubba for bbq and chili soon here when i can save up like 800k bp to boost him to the teachable lvl for it.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I believe this is happening because there are not enough red rank killers to match up with every red rank survivor lobby.

This could be why we are seeing brown rank killers going against red rank lobbies.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I'm rank 12 killer and rank 5 survivor and it's every single game that I get matched with rank 1-4 survivors as killer and when I play survivor it's anywhere from rank 1-20 survivors and killer. The matchmaking is really random I think

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I was playing survivor today and a legit rank 19 killer got matched against all red ranks. And he was playing huntress, the poor dude got 2k bps, so at the end of tge trial i just left as did everyone but 1 dude. I click over to spectate and that dude was ckickjng his flashlight runnjng around in circles shike the killer desperately tried to hit him. It was f-ed up and I wouldnt blame the killer for uninstalljng this game and never playing again

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

This csnt be it, Im rank 1 killer and frequently get matched up against purples and greens. And its noticable too, people say rank doesnt matter and to an extent it doesnt but i think the colors do matter.

• TheNameIsRin
    TheNameIsRin Member Posts: 3

Haven't the Devs already stated that in the current state of the ranking system ranks don't matter? I'm a pepega killer yet im purple ranks and can and have 4k red ranks, but I have been bodied by a groups of green ranks. As for survivor same there, I'm not much better than ur average green or purple rank player (I'm purple myself) and yet I can body rank 1 s but get bodied by rank 15s. The ranking system is broken but it's definitely doesn't correlate skill ( sometimes tho those rank 1s will be real rank ones I suppose ).

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I feel like the devs have said it does and doesn't matter, lol. For instance, I seen one tell someone "Well, you seem to be in the rank you're meant to be in because of the match results."

You also have to think about moris, keys, SWF teams, solo teams, and play time -- on top of being paired with people who are greatly outside of your rank. All of these things can lead to a depip that's no fault of your own, necessarily. That goes for both sides. A SWF team can also carry one person to high ranks that might not deserve to be there.

So no, I don't think rank really matters, but if you manage to hit red or purple you're probably a good player. Especially if you're on the killer side, since it's all on you.

• Unbearable
    Unbearable Member Posts: 1

Hello, I have the exact same problem while playing dbd, that's why I usually play with friends that I know are at least decent at the game. If you want to, you can play with us too! Feel free to hit me up ^^ heres my steam profile https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198797529869/

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208

You are not alone

• Martesa55

They don't care. I sent an email saying that the matchmaking is problematic and they said to give feedback in forums. When I did a get the answer:do you prefere to have a fast matchmaking or do you prefere to wait 30min to find a game?

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

8 months of dedicated servers, what's new? 20 cosmetics collections, new hacker toys, 2 DLCs.... but hey we fixed the stalk power.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

And yet, as survivor, I still have had 15 minute wait times, lol. I'm hopeful the rank update will improve things, but hiding player ranks does seem dubious. "If they can't see what rank they are, it's much harder to argue that the system is broken." That sorta thinking.

• thai_libra
    thai_libra Member Posts: 35

I don't really think that the ranks showing are a big problem and it actually makes sense to show their ranks because then you can see how experienced they are in this game. The biggest problem here really is how the players are paired because it seems very unfair when; let's say the killer is rank 20 and all the survivors are around the red ranks.

The survivors that are in the red ranks would have better perks, better addons, and certainly more experience in the game. Whereas the killer is brand new and only has one perk and useless addons. So the rank showing isn't that much of a problem for me, it might give some people an ego boost but I think it's good to show how much experience they have in the game because afterall you can only get to red ranks by winning all the time. But what i think should be changed is how the survivors and killers are paired. The players should be of similar progress or experience. I don't know the exact word.

• irvman
    irvman Member Posts: 10

It really is a problem trying to play killer now. I'm just rank 15 so it doesn't feel too bad but it would be incredibly demoralizing to new killers .

• Ghost_Cola
    Ghost_Cola Member Posts: 7

Match making is this biggest problem right now, playing a baby killer at LVL 11 is pointless, cause I can't learn how to play the killer, the ins & outs, cause I'm too busy getting bodied but a lobby of Red ranks.

Meanwhile playing survivor I go against so brown rank killer who's just trying to learn the game getting wrecked. It suuuuucks.

• Fitzo
    Fitzo Member Posts: 11

Yeah i remember the same thing happening when i was once in green ranks for some reason im a rank 1 on both sides but when i play survivor with a purple rank friend i sometimes come across green or even yellow rank killers. Hopefully when the devs implement mmr system this will fix all of this

• Martesa55

Or to let be allow to see before the match the ranks🤷‍♀️. Then we will choose if we want to play

• redarts
    redarts Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020

I have the same problem with red ranks. When will they fix this?

You can't seriously call this a ranking system if the matchmaking is this UNFAIR. The colors and numbers are meaningless at this point.

Most of us killer mains struggle to advance ranks,when we are constantly pipping down do to being paired up with the more experienced try hards. You find yourself stuck in limbo, trying steadily climb just to get kicked back down again.

ITS ANNOYING!

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,496

Are they gonna fix it or just let it go and replace it with mmr is thr question.

• dusty0923
    dusty0923 Member Posts: 12

I played like 4 games last night, and was put with a rank 12, two rank 16s, and a rank 20. As a rank 4 survivor, I genuinely felt sorry for the killers that were low. The rank 12 was pretty good and didnt really deserve to be that rank. But yeah, ranking is broken, matchmaking is broken, and I can't wait to see how they potentially fix it in the future.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

I wouldn't mind the higher rank survivors so much if they weren't so toxic.

• Helia
    Helia Member Posts: 1

Honestly, with how terrible the matchmaking currently is, I’d wager if they just removed matchmaking of any kind and made it all random, the games would probably be more fair. And that’s saying something. But as of now it’s just atrocious. Just make it an open pool with all survivors and remove ranks of any kind. The only purpose ranks serve is for matchmaking, and they sure as heck aren’t serving that purpose so what’s even the point?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/status-update-matchmaking-changes#latest

• Sodahead
    Sodahead Member Posts: 99

I'm a rank 14 killer and got a 3k in an all red rank game. I would have got a 4k but guy found a key in the chest. He jumped in hatch after I closed it and hit him.

As for survivor I'm rank 6. My buddy and I die first usually because the reds hide and get out because of our hard work. You have to keep pressure on everyone.

https://youtu.be/pjYUQoW_sNA

• TinyMoon3
    TinyMoon3 Member Posts: 45

I've played survivor for so long, I now play like a red rank, even tho my rank refuses to leave yellow rank. I break totems, fix gens, heal others and unhook them all in one match, and I sometimes still dont get a pip that gets me closer to the next number in the ranks. It seems to want to keep me at 16-15.

• demoncat1122
    demoncat1122 Member Posts: 6

Well thats not true there at that rank for a reason i play and get with thos i win and lose so there good thats why they put ranking to make sure bad with bad and good with good

• Phoenix2195
    Phoenix2195 Member Posts: 30

Matchmaking has been sh*t lately, I play Xbox and the matchmaking used to be... acceptable but since the 3.7 update matchmaking has gone to hell. If I even dare to play killer I only use killers like bubba, trapper, or doctor who can control the game relatively easy so I don’t get 2-3 pop at the same time.

• BrokenServer_650
    BrokenServer_650 Member Posts: 2

Honestly, especially when your killer and you versus high rank survivors and are a SWF! It's really annoying.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

So rank doesn't correlate 100 percent but the only reason you deal with that is smurfing I can say one thing and that's every time I go against low rank killers as a surv I will win unless gens aren't done or I play stupid and then sometimes you get really good ones that dont rank up that simple my cousin he gets called a.Smurf because he chooses to stay at brown ranks instead of ranking up and dealing with swf but if he tried he could make it to green rank so say a team of green went up against my cousin at brown or yellow they would think he is really good for his rank but he decides to play a couple times a month

• juvia
    juvia Member Posts: 9

Switch the type killer u play bro. Nurse is the hardest.

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283

I care less about rank and more about the toxicity of survivors. I regularly have to message low rank killers to tell the im sorry for my teams toxicity (im a rank 6 solo q survivor and red rank killer)

Though ive started maining survivor since the recent patch nerfing gens.... which honestly i see gens popping quicker now which is weird. Its just de-motivating to see gens get popped so quick. You still have to play a near perfect game to get a 4k against swf red ranks.

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167

Yea right if you believe that crap you have a screw loose. Matchmaking has been busted since the ghost face chapter I don't see it changing any time soon. And I don't believe ANYTHING BHVR says untill they do it, well if they say cosmetics are coming soon I'll believe that since that is all they care about

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2020

The thing is, I still wait 30 minutes to find a survivor match, and I'm low green rank and I still get ######### matchmaking, when I play killer, I wait 3 mins and get ######### matchmaking too

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

I mean, believe what you want to believe. I still have hope that they're actually working on something.

• Angerydoge
    Angerydoge Member Posts: 69

I see people make this argument but I'm going to have to say that it's incorrect. It isn't "easy" to get to rank 1 unless you spend 100s of hours sweating your dick off to get there. People who are red rank are much more likely to be better at the game than someone at rank 10.

Also just because you went against people at red ranks played badly doesn't means that ranks don't matter. People generally have to put in a lot of hours every month to get to red ranks. This doesn't include the possibility that they could have just been memeing that game seeing as playing the game at their skill against someone of your rank isn't really fun. I'm sure that if they were actually trying you would have been destroyed.

• somnyad
    somnyad Member Posts: 7

Yes. I am a teacher, and I really think the devs should make the game transparent by allowing players (maybe only when there are too many like that?) to see how uneven red rank SWF vs killer ranks is at any given moment, and have a "suggestion" button for changing to killer to even out the matchmaking. In order for people to improve a situation, you have to empower them with knowledge, and trust them to make the right decision. They will if you give them the right tools. They will complain if left in the dark, and given no ability to change a bad situation. I stopped playing over 2 weeks ago, but I am still watching the forum because I like this game and I hope that things improve.

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167

I will believe it when it's in the patch notes and it actually works. Unfortunately that is how most things are in today's world.