The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Underrated Perks Pt. 1: Aftercare

Timeman63
Timeman63 Member Posts: 185

I'm starting a series of posts about perks that I think are underappreciated and more players should consider using. Feel free to give your thoughts on if you agree and why, or the reasons you think the perk is meh.

Aftercare is kind of an alternative to Bond and Empathy that requires you to go out of your way to either unhook or heal a teammate, or be unhooked or healed by a teammate in order to gain aura reading. But when you do, the information this perk gives is incredible. Empathy only works when other survivors get injured, so you won't immediately know if they're being chased or something to that effect until they get hurt. Bond only works within 32m. Aftercare lets you see potentially everyone at all times, and lets them see you as well, until you get hooked. And even though you lose Aftercare's benefits after getting hooked, you will still be able to at least see the aura of the survivor that unhooks you, so you always have information on at least one teammate. And the only real way to counter this is by applying the Blindness debuff, which Killers don't often do.

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I think it is an good perk, but I find Bond to be better in most scenarios. Generally, it's more useful to know what all is happening around you than it is to know exactly what's happening away from you, but Aftercare does have the unique effect of giving you information on what gens specific survivors are/aren't doing. Just seeing how a survivor moves is enough to tell what they're doing. However, its big drawback is that it leaves you in the dark about at least 2 other survivors most of the time. Not being able to see where the closest survivor is to get yourself healed can suck.

• Timeman63
    Timeman63 Member Posts: 185

That is a good point. It really comes down to preference in some cases. Bond is definitely more consistent. But Aftercare letting me see everyone at once makes me feel like, "Yes, my children. We're in this together. I have eyes everywhere." Jeff's perks in general are pretty underrated, and I'm going to do another post about Distortion soon.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I like Aftercare, I just wish you wouldnt lose its effect if you get hooked.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Then you make it a bit harder to earn to compensate. Like, instead of getting healed or getting unhooked by them, you gain their aura reading by you fully healing them or unhooking them only. Thats what I would change about it to make it on par with other aura reading perks.

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182

Hot take: Aftercare isn't for you, it's for your teammates. You can't force other people to bring Aura Reading Perks, but you can force them to see your Aura. You just have to hope they'll make better decisions while the effect lasts.