The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for both sides

Lx_malice
Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

For killers: Why do some of you feel the need to smack people like myself on the hook after you manage to finally catch me even though I never do anything toxic like teabag or clicky clicky or even stack crutch perks(the only meta perk I use is bt). It's your own fault that you lost by commiting to me all match.

For survivors: why do some of you feel the need to teabag just because you found the hatch before me or because you were able to get one of the farly parted gates open? You do realize that you only escaped because of a pity card and some luck right? I usually try to play as fair as possible and give hatch to the last person anyways but it's really nothing to brag about.

I'm not mad about it but moreso just curious as to why people feel the need to act like this as these scenarios happen to me alot. You guys realize this is how you spread toxicity right?

Comments

• pizzamess11
    pizzamess11 Member Posts: 149

I'll smack people just because I'm bored or if your the last one I'm hooking just to fill time.

• Lx_malice

Ok I can see that as I know a few people who also do that. Particularly huntress players who will kinda practice their aim on the last hooked person as they die

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Sometimes its just fun to give a little smack, sometimes if youre annoying you get a few. Like yesterday I had a Jake that kept spamming in and out of a locker cause he wanted to use his head on, unfortunately for him his timing was bad so i kept yanking him out of lockers. He got smacked a lot.

When I play survivor I tbag to goad the killer into chasing me when i havent been hooked yet and others have.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I smack on the hook if a survivor is trying to be cocky and annoy me but fails

I teabag if a killer fails to tunnel me or shakes their head.

It’s fair trade so I don’t see a problem with that, I don’t do it all the time though because I hate people who try to be toxic every game for no reason.

• Lx_malice

Understandable I play against survivors like that all the time but no matter how much they try to annoy me I won't bm back because I feel like if I do that it just means I let it get to me. And as for tbagging to get the killer off of your teammates I can understand that as well and efficient killers will usually ignore it and try to secure their kill if they know that person is on death hook but I suppose in this sense it can be a valid, yet frowned upon by some, strategy kinda like hook camping.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Eh, I see it as all in fun. When i play survivor and get dmacked on hook i legit laugh every time, tbagging is just silly and doesnt bother me. The messages are the real problem.

Case on point, I just played a match as doc. Ot was really close, i think the last gen was at like 98% when the 4th person took hatch. So i sent each of them messages saying ggwp. Tge 3 I killed didnt respond. This is the message I got from the chick who got hatch

Just seems unnecessary and this is the real problem. Tbagging, flashliggt clicks, all that stuff in game is whatever. But almost every game I get something similar to this when I play killer. Ive gotten messsges from killers too but its so rare its not even worth mentioning.

• Lx_malice

Yea I completely understand being toxic back to toxic people but I typically won't because I don't like the idea of if getting to me. It'd be nice if me and similar people could in return not receive such toxicity but sadly that's not the case but yea fighting toxic with toxic is completely understandable and some people deserve it honestly.

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

A big reason to smack on hook is screaming. Survivors scream very loud when hooked, smacking them cancels it. I don't do it, but I'm assuming a lot of killers do.

• Lx_malice

Yea Bming in game is one thing and can be passed off as banter depending on who you ask but going out of your way to message someone with hate after a game is over with is just plain sad and I have no respect for people who do that.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

It happens a lot, AT LEAST every other game. Thats why TUR was able to build a whole yt channel off it. It doesnt stop.

• Lx_malice

Haha so kinda as a way to tell them to shut up. Yea some of the survivors have particularly annoying screams but I can't imagine anyone does it solely for that purpose.

• Lx_malice

Oh yea believe me I know I used to play on ps4 and I'd get hate all the time. My ps4 broke though so now I play on Xbox and I actually get alot less hate mail than when I played on ps4 so that's nice.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

I turn off messages due to the messages I get from this game. Can't be bothered by complaints on a game like this.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

As a hybrid player I'll happily answer you:

I had some chases where I had to use every braincell to down the survivor. As a feeling of accomplishment I smack em ONLY IF THEY WERE "TOXIC" FIRST. I won't smack a normal person, I'm not a monster.

Why do survivors teabag and stuff? Well, they have a sense of accomplishment. They feel that they did something, that they outsmarted and outskilled the killer.

Hope I answered your questions :3

• Lx_malice

Ok once again I completely understand Bming someone if they're Bming you even though I don't do it myself and that's cool that you respect people who are just playing in peace. As for tbagging as a sense of accomplishment I could kind of see it if they were able to give me a pretty good looping but that doesn't happen very often but doing it because they got another chance from hatch and happened to be the last person alive baffles me especially because I try to play as fair as possible.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I just smack tbaggers or tbag hard tunnelers before they down me. If someone does that before anything toxic happens, like the people do that I tbag/smack, then it is just because they have fun killing someone's gaming experience or expect waaaaaay too much from the other role. Like "you tunneled me - I did a full chase on the other side of the map in the meantime" or "he uses a flashlight, don't like, gotta die"

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Killer smacking: Most of them do because they are toxic and loosers in real life.

Survivor tbaging: Most of them do because they are toxic and loosers in real life.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

to stop the survivor going aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Especially Kate.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I sometimes smack survivors once when they're hooked to cut their scream short because it's quite annoying.

I don't teabag.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I only clam slam a killer if they have been hellaciously toxic. I wouldn't try it near the hatch since with my luck they would get that 1 step too close that disables you from jumping in and if get murdered. I never have understood waiting at the exit gate to teabag a killer for no reason. It annoys me as a survivor to see others do it. It just seems like a pussy move. Like that person in chat who says something ######### but immediately leaves so you can't respond, because they can dish it but they can't take it. LoL

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Some people have very strange definitions of what's "toxic", like someone that smacks you after a long chase might blame you as a player for a strong tile setup that you used well. To them you're a "tryhard", tryhards are "toxic", therefore you're toxic. Just like some survivors might consider it camping even though some dumbass is straight up looping the killer right next to the hook. People might feel completely "justified" for reasons that are hard for someone that doesn't agree with them to even think of.

And not everyone agrees on this one, but in some situations it's more of a playful "Gotcha!" than anything. Like just yesterday I read a Billy's mindgames a few times and when he finally got me he gave me a smack and spun his camera around before going to do his Billy business. At that point it's just a little celebration, and personally I view stuff like a quick little bouncy tbag, point or the "crouch and look up" thing survivors do sometimes in similar ways. I'm well aware plenty of people might disagree here, but that's my take at least.

Aaand some people just "play for salt". Their goal isn't really to win, they "win" if other player(s) show signs of anger or annoyance during or after the match. Not much more to say there.

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164

Surv:

Sometimes you are in a swf and are just hyped and teabag around. Not to be toxic, sometimes even the killer has fun with us and we do some "offtopic challenges". Normally when i play alone and a killer plays really bad, I dont do any toxic stuff at all. I dont let him hock me, but i dont want to trigger him, since it annoys me a lot when playing killer. Teabagging at the gates or at the hatch only if the killer was toxic (facecamps or really really bad plays, undeserved kills etc).

Killer:

Well, sometimes I just feel like swinging at a surv, when the chase was tense or he was teabagging and 10 seconds later, hooked. (so always if a killer hits me on hook i feel like i played good against him).

Well, that being said, just dont let it get to you. I know, you already wrote that you dont, but I dont either and still it annoys me from time to time. Its the most toxic community i ever faced in a game (besides the good old cod "soab" messages).

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

If they escape they feel that they won and that they dominated you, even if they were just sitting in a corner. It's the feeling of victory that drives em.

• Legion_is_Me
    Legion_is_Me Member Posts: 23

I'm a toxic b**** don't get me mistaken but I don't slug it bad period.

• Legion_is_Me

I got a free donkey jacket for David and it would be $60 but I got it free some how pls tell me how!

• Legion_is_Me

And I got every ultra rare outfit in game for FREE

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

"Hey jerks, why are you jerks?"

Yeah, that question has been asked every day in every part of the world. No one ever really answers it. 😀

• Legion_is_Me

Sometimes I think killer think their toxic and bringing Franklin's and ebony and ultra rare add-ons but,sometimes their not because they're doing a ######### job all because they don't know how to use those toxic stuff and they end up getting 0kills all just because they wanna be toxic,wow.

Could be prevented if just use a simple understandable but not crap build.

• Legion_is_Me

Don't report me pls

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Because my dad didn't love me. IDK why I have to keep explaining this

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I will smack people to make them quiet or if they gave me a long chase. More of a sign of: You did a good job. But I still got you.

Not a toxic gesture when I do it, but I understand that others might do it that context.

Also, some screams are unbearable to listen to.

• Raven014

They were released to everyone for free, because the devs didn't want any more exclusive outfits (at least that is what they said... they still gave an exclusive outfit for Switch players, though, and recolored it for other platforms).

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

Yes, cause its fun to be legit toxic every now and then. Not the "oh they are efficient how toxic" typical sense. Plus its a PvP game, would be boring without it.

• Raven014

Yes. And the Donkey Jacket, and the Dweard... I have all the ultra rare ones.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

I let killers smack me if they haven’t gotten anyone down. If a killer goes after me and they look like a tryhard I do my best to loop them. When I’m on a hook and the killer hits me multiple times I play The song hit me with your best shot.

• Legion_is_Me
  • Musicalhex
    Musicalhex Member Posts: 55

I pretty much only hit people on the hook if they sandbag their teammate or something like that.

• Raven014

There are no earnable Ultra Rare cosmetics. They used to be pay for ones, but only limited stock. They got rid of having to buy it because people were reselling those for really high prices.

• Legion_is_Me
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

It has nothing to do with the game it's more of a strategy. I'll play bad for a gen or 2 then play good the last half. As killer and throw them for a loop. If it upsets you hitting and teabagging the idea is to anger you so you make mistakes.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

It's called an ego boost.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

I'm only toxic if you are toxic to me. Simple as that. Unless you hook rush in which case, you will die.