The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lobby dodging is a legit strategy.

I never understand people who complain because of lobby dodging. As playing killer when all survivors have 6k+ hours gameplay (i know.... i know... hours mean nothing they play as a 23 hour potato) joins your lobby, and they're all friends it is a legit strategy to dodge the lobby. And also there are many cases when you have to dodge, every time when you feel something is not right... As killers we get instant lobbies so we can choose whitch survivors we wanna play against. Anyway... in the wild the predators choose the weakest prey to hunt down... killers in this game are predators aren't they? πŸ˜„

Β«1

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

As long as you don't DC

I don't see a problem... but like... how do you know its going to be bad ?

Do you just dodge every team that seems like they joined at once ? Should we dodge a full flashlight squad?

Do you really think it helps to lobby dodge ?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

^^ what @toxicnancymain said, now even if you wait ages to get a lobby you get another killer quick so getting dodged doesn't bother me

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Yeah with the new servers it doesn't matter. Dodge all you want. It takes like 5 seconds to get another killer in the lobby lol.

• Actionjacksn
    Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186
    edited May 2020
  • LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I don't really care if Killers dodge the lobby for whatever reason right now. But I dont think we need to give them any additional reasons/means to lobby dodge. Survivors don't get that luxury at all. If lobby dodging was meant to be a "strategy", survivors would get to see the killer and everyone would get to see the map. So strat, not so much. The game was meant to be a 'get what you get' of sorts. But does it currently really matter? Nah.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

By the time it takes to lobby dodge your way to a "good team" you could have been in and out of a match. This just wastes your time. As a survivor another killer comes along fairly quickly so it is not really effecting my game.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

Lobby dodging rocks. I do it all the time on PS4 to avoid playing against straight up toxic SWFers that are toxic in-game and send nasty messages after. If it was a really toxic person, I'll take an extra minute to send them back to the 10 - 20 minute queue :) It's no big deal cause I get a game as soon as I press triangle

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Lobby dodging just shows how scared some players are without even knowing how others play. "Omg a SWF... I cant win this for sure"... Scaredy cats like that should leave and play animal crossing instead.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

Actually we do, if I see a close cut Nea or even just a basic Nea or a basic Meg I'm out of there. Often they're running self care, urban evasion or even both.

This Nea was actually rank 4.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,127

Lobby dodging is wrong. It's much better to just go AFK in a corner if you don't want to play with the survivors you're given. Every once in a while I get a complaint about "I waited thirty minutes for that match!", but not often; I think they usually like the free escape.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

IDK I've found that I tend to enjoy the games I get from dodging a few lobbies until I find the right one. Every time I've told myself "Let's just see how it goes" I end up with some toxic little squad of N00b3 wannabes

Then I have to load in as bubba on the next one and mercilessly chainsaw camp or bring an ebony mori to wash away the frustration

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Since dedi's came out I notice lobby dodging isn't even an issue. Before it would boot you back to the survivor lobby and then you have to ready up and re-search for a match. Now with dedi's the killer just leaves the lobby and a new one comes in within a few seconds. Most of the time I don't even notice a killer dodged.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

The only time I lobby dodge my own teammates is if they have a super disgusting name or say something vulgar in the chat. Otherwise, it wouldn't even occur to my to dodge a teammate. But I am obviously talking about dodging your opponent. Not your team.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Just so you know your not sending the back to a 20 minute q thanks to killer not being host anymore. They'll get another killer in less then a minute

• xGodSendDeath

I'm aware of that. It's really easy to force them to disconnect without incurring a DC penalty to send them back to the queue but I'll get warned/banned explaining further

• xGodSendDeath

I'm aware of that. However, it is very simple to force the survivors to disconnect and go back to the queue without incurring a DC penalty, but I'll get warned/banned for explaining further

• Respectfulnancymain

Ohh i get what your doing but dont you think thats a bit toxic?

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I lobby dodge my own teammates as well, haha.... especially if one of them has a key, has TTV in their name, or is a bunny Feng Min. Gotta stay away from those moris! Although I just got facecamped to death by a Bubba in red ranks, so you can't win 'em all I guess.

And I'll have you know that I play Nea with the Close Cut hairstyle, and I haven't used Urban Evasion in months, nor do I even have Self-Care unlocked for my other Survivors 😏

• Hippie

Punishing a lobby of completely unrelated Survivors for the actions of Survivors in a previous game.... Lol

This must be why I get facecamped by Bubbas even though neither me nor any of my teammates have toxic names or are using items. Very fun!

Please consider taking out your frustrations elsewhere, nobody likes to be facecamped (and deranked) for something they had no part in.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Who seriously checks hours? Just play the effing game lol

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

I won't DC, but I hold myself a strict limit on swf death squads per day. I'm no pro-player. After the second one of the day, I either stop playing altogether, or I drop a lobby where 4 blendettes all drop in with flashlights with a clever naming scheme. I'll abuse myself a little bit, but after that, they really need to go find someone their own size to mess with.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

People complained because they sat at a queue screen for 15-20 mins, then to finally find a game that a Killer would just leave and reset the lobby simulator. Now that thats fixed, nobody cares about Killers dodging lobbies. Do your thing.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

As a Killer main, I never dodge lobby. I faced 4 Clau or 4 Laurie, or even 4 Flashlight. Some team are toxic, some are not, some even just hide all the game to see who stays the longest.

I wish to see if there is swf in lobby so I can at least pick better Add-on. But this thread explain why the thing never happens.

• xGodSendDeath

Sure it is, but I only do it to survivors that send me messages after a match they lost telling me to kill myself, that my parents should get COVID-19, that I'm trash, etc. You have to fight back against these people when you can because they don't ever suffer any consequences for their antisocial behavior

• Respectfulnancymain

Oh yea against those people its definitely deserved. I assumed you do it to any lobby that you dont like

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

It actually does matter when a Killer dodges when 4 survivors are in a party already because when the next killer comes hes already thinking oh crap a 4-man SWF and 50% its them bringing a Mori.

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47

I'll dodge DBD streamers who are killers

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

At least OP didn't called it a "tech"...

Don't see why it is a "strategy" either. Can't be asked to click on everybodys profil first. But if i see a key and/or more then 2 toolboxes i might dogde, it's that simple.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Hours not mattering is a myth. I've seen low hour survivors play good, but I've never seen a high hour survivor play bad. If I see more that 1500 hours and someone from Mexico or Chile, I nope right out of that lobby. Those guys do not play around.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

You have no idea how much I dislike that cosmetic, call Nea's with a close cut hair as Elvis hair Nea's . I will always dodge the lobby if I see one, and face camp them as killer (it's the only reason I will ever face camp).

In custom games I normally play meme builds and let everyone live, but three of my friends decided use the close cut cosmetic on Nea as they knew I hate that cosmetic. I played as Doctor (my main) with iridescent king, mouldy electrode, and an ebony mori.

I've even created a cult dedicated to disliking Elvis hair Nea's. That Bubba may just dislike Elvis hair Nea's too.

• Actionjacksn
    Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186

It is a little offending from you, i'm repeating: i don't dodge lobbies from toxicity i dodge lobbies for recreational purposes. I don't want to offend survivors by lobby dodging.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Yup, was about to say! I lobby dodge Twitch streamers and 3 man SWFs when I'm playing solo. I'm the bunny Feng often though. πŸ˜…

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

i totally agree with you. since devs are not goin to fix broken things like mori and keys, its perfectly fine to just dodge the lobby/dc in the loading screen to prevent an extremely unfun match. (the last time i talked about dc in the loading screen they deleted my message. they are pretty good at shutting up people on the forum, not as good as balancing the game. lets see if they delete this message too)

• Hippie

Please understand that I have like no nice hair for Nea and that's the only one I can stand.... if they would actually add NICE hairstyles for her, I'd use them in a heartbeat! But all of her other hairstyles that I have.... yuck....

At least I'm on PC, and that Bubba facecamped another Nea as well.... maybe he just feels "threatened" by Nea players! πŸ˜‚

• Hippie

Why do you think it's appropriate for you to tell me to change my hairstyle in a video game because it offends you for some reason? Imagine feeling threatened by a cosmetic in a video game....

And if I liked the basic beanie, I would use it.... so again, trying to force someone to change from a cosmetic that they prefer just because you don't like it, or actually being TOXIC towards them because they're wearing it.... crazy entitlement right there.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

I doge the lobby when three of my teammates end up being nea’s πŸ‘ŒI have a thing against nea’s πŸ˜†.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I only dodge if there is a key

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I fear no man. Nor woman. Nor Nea. I tend to accept my fate and roll with what im given. If i get my ass handed to me i try to learn something.

I will however dodge matching blendettes.

And ping. If i get yellow ping ill dodge. If i get it again next game ill go with it.

• Sydraen
    Sydraen Member Posts: 102

Its amazing how you say you dodge lobbies to create a better gaming experience for yourself and people still manage to come out with, "Haha baYbY kiLLeR, you dOnT AFFECT ME!"

Like, if the next killer joining almost instantly doesnt affect your gameplay thats good survivors, killer getting a new lobby because they rightfully have the choice to not go against a swf 4man with a key is good too. No one is hurt by this exchange and somehow we still find people being negative.

• BongRips4Wraith
    BongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 87

"I lobby dodge until I get babies so I can pretend I am good at the game instead of getting better by playing against experienced players"

You guys are seriously pathetic.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited May 2020

Lobby dodging is not a strategy, period. I understand the rationale, but let's not pretend it's anything other than people wanting easier trials.