Are you a swf type or a solo usually?

Options
magicmaster2020
magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

Are you a swf type or a solo usually? 108 votes

Swf is the only way to go
31%
FoggyDownpourLeatherDaddyJakeMiraakArmager0MegMain98timidlukeMewAven_FallenMert_MKAzurlynxBoosted_Dwight[Deleted User]SunderMunTobSunaIIanuMrsGhostfacePlantCollectorzmassaniHex_KillerMainBTWa_good_player 34 votes
I don't have a choic3 , so I play solo
62%
BossDocSeiko300IhatelifeCrtKazzCheersShrimpTwiggsVolantConch1719Spartagone45TerminatorGuyMegaWaffleBogdi0711arslaNThadiusMicheal_MyersBunnyTheHuttVenzhasNutty_ProfessorDelsKibaraWalker_of_the_fog_96 68 votes
Neither I'm a killer main
5%
RaveanTheRockstarKnightNorbiZLarikalKakatevepizzamess11 6 votes

Comments

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I used to have a nice group of SWF, but 2 of them got burned out of the game and the other one has massive problems with his computer right now. So I go solo, however it's also nice to be fully inmersed in a game without having to talk or listen to others via Discord.

I play Killer occasionally, but truth to be told, I enjoy playing as survivor more, be it solo or with friends.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179
    Options

None of my friends play this game and I kinda treat this game as a guilty pleasure of mine so I would never reccomend it to any of them. I also don't feel the need to play it with friends, solo is enough for me.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

I do have a choice, but I prefer solo usually.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Usually when I start to play DBD a friend is already online for me to join up with so I play mostly swf. I'll play solo here and there but most of the time it's swf or killer.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I usually have friends online that I play with. I have played solo survivor frequently but nowadays if I want to be alone I play killer. Solo survivor can be a chore to play and it’s easy to get frustrated.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 737
    Options

Would have been interesting if you had differentiated between duo, 3man or 4man SWF. I prefer SWF over solo, but play mostly duo-SWF, I'm not a fan of playing in a big group.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I say SWF, but I mean duo/trio with people who I meme with; we don't try hard or make it our mission to make the killer's life miserable.

That said, the game is miserable when I play solo the majority of the time. It's boring and just plain frustrating.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2020
    Options

As problematic and game-breaking as SWF can be, a lot of people don't realize the community is made mostly of solo players. The results of this poll don't surprise me in the slightest (as of writing 7 votes - 26% SWF, 19 votes - 73% solo)

I do have a group that I play DBD with on occasion, and I won't lie it's nice to mix it up and play with people from time to time but I mostly play solo. I play both survivor and killer pretty equally, and killer is a naturally solo experience so it makes transitioning between either role is pretty smooth.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

I apologize for not making an option of how many friends you play with.

• Mang_Anwar
    Mang_Anwar Member Posts: 56
    Options

I play both side equally, when playing survivor I used to play with friends back in the day. Now they told me DBD is not as fun as it were back then, I also think that it is getting a little boring. I only do daily rituals nowadays, with no friend interested going back on DBD, therefore I am left with playing solo as survivor.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I typically plays solo as I don't like having unintentional advantages. However, if someone would like to play with me, I won't turn them down.

• zmassani
    zmassani Member Posts: 41
    Options

Way too often when I try to play solo I get left dying on my first hook or sandbagged or something of the like, so it's nice having even one friend who'll have your back

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options

Solo is unpredictable and more fun for me personally

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I just chose this for giggles.

I play Solo Survivor usually, but I do have friends that I play with from time to time in a duo or trio.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    edited May 2020
    Options

Usually I played Solo and 2 man SWF. But since the last times I played Solo were horrible (1 out of 5 games was good..), I tend to play Survivor only in SWF.

If I play DBD and my SWF-Mate is not online, I go for Killer.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I pretty much only play survivor while doing challenges, but when I do I solo que because I don't have anyone too SWF with.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 646
    Options

For the time of day I play I am alone a lot of the time. When I am with someone else it is only 1 other player, so my SWF is only ever 2 survivors strong. I have never had a full 4-man SWF group.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

DBD Year 1 - Dabbled in solo survivor played mostly killer

DBD Year 2 - Played a decent amount of SWF and slowly left killer behind

DBD Year 3 - Played close to 50/50 Solo survivor and killer

DBD Year 4 - Same as year 3.

The past 2 years however I have played significantly less DBD than my first 2 years. While I like to keep up to date on the game by playing both sides its primarily casual matches or gimmick builds.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

I've always found solo more challenging and more fun.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

I main killer. But if I'm going to play survivor I'm going to do it with some friends. I've seen how games go downhill fast because of solo que players

• wussyboi2000
    wussyboi2000 Member Posts: 73
    Options

I have social anxiety and it's hard for me to talk to people on voice chat, so it's always solo for me or I'll play killer. I also don't like the fact that SWF is unfair, if all your friends are good there's no way the killer can win unless he plays really scummy

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I do have a choice, i choose to not play SWF, whether i have the opportunity to or not.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    Options

Usually I go solo but other times I play with one of my brothers and one of our cousins.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

I love both solo and SWF, I think they are both fun

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    Options

I mainly play solo when I want to play survivor competitively, I'll focus on repairing generators that won't cause a 3 gen strat. Playing solo helps you improve as a survivor.

If I'm not playing solo then I'm playing Duos, it's rare that I'll play in a 4 man SWF. I'll tend to focus on having fun rather then trying to escape, such as blowing up the generator with my friend, sandbagging my friends (They sandbag me), doing Head on builds, just memeing about. There's no point "try harding" in SWF.

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331
    Options

it would be interesting if the difficulty was geometrically multiplied by the number of friends playing together. For example, teammates will receive fines equal to some derivative of their number, and the killer will be put on a normal level and return a normal map with walls

• Miraak
    Miraak Member Posts: 240
    Options

I play mostly with friends but I also like to play some relaxed rounds alone.

• NorbiZ
    NorbiZ Member Posts: 17
    Options

I mostly play killer but I usually play solo survivor as well