Fix Doctor

okay this post is probably gonna be a mess bc it’s early and i just lost red ranks to a doctor but..

cmon dude the doctor is literally the definition of broken. he can make people scream & reveal their location, and, without cooldown, can stun the survivor from vaulting or throwing down a pallet, or can bring them into tier 3 madness in only a few seconds.

my first game ever playing killer i got merciless with doctor. that shouldn’t be able to happen that easily.

i don’t even know what id suggest in replacement but tbh anything other than his ability to prevent you from doing things, like vault or throw down pallets. maybe if he had like a cooldown on his shock therapy..? it’s just stupid because he takes no skill and can just prevent someone from doing an action.

Comments

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I play a lot of high quality survivors. If you're dying to anything other than a godlike nurse or spirit, it's your fault. You have the tools and resources to 1v1 any killer.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

yeah, I remember a match where it was just me and the other guy as last survivors, it was yamaoka state so I could hide and get him to lose me 3 times while he slugged the other guy, until I got him up, he got downed in seconds and then he DCed. The hatch spawned near the killer, he closed it and before I could hide near a gate I randomly screamed again. It's ridiculous how he doesn't even need his power to find survivors when they can't counter to randomly scream out of no reason

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

so you dont mind posting a video where you 1v1 a competent red ranks doctor. Show us

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

Absolutely, doctor needs to be changed badly.

They reworked him with the premise of making him less frustrating to verse and they made him ABSOLUTELY unbearable.

I have been playing this game since 2017 and I have NEVER hated going against a killer like current doctor.

Screaming, no cool down action denier, random skill checks, annoying music, doctor is the definition of an annoying killer that needs to be changed asap.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

Previous doctor was fine, but this one is so annoying. His passive power is way overblown: random screams, illusions, backward skillchecks, that static image whenever you scream...

I feel like it is unfair to have such a rich power compared to other killers.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Eh? Static blast has a 60 second cooldown. I've been able to able to avoid it plenty of times. All the survivors I go against seem to know what they're doing and drop pallets early.

Anymore cooldowns would ruin him. Glad they took them off his range addons.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

This is cocky non-sense. This game is purposely designed to NOT work in a 1v1...unless you simply mean in a chase with your teammates still in the match.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Just loop him. It’s really that simple. Doctor players need to get the shock timing right otherwise they risk extending the loop. He’s fine where he is.

Also if your first Killer game was a Merciless, then it was because you were up against four clueless Survivors and it’s easier to rank up at rank 20.

• megansnotcreative
    megansnotcreative Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2020

I

static blast has a large cooldown, yes, but shock therapy - the one that stuns you and ups your madness tier - has little to no cooldown. the doctor can continuously spam it where the survivor doesn’t have enough time to make the pallet.

edit ; didn’t mean to respond to the first reply

• megansnotcreative

exactly - he shouldn’t be able to literally find you out of the blue. it takes no skill at all to press the button and see the scream notif, whereas many if not all other killers actually have to look for them.

• megansnotcreative

yes but at the same time this kind of leads to my point with how the doctor can literally prevent you from utilizing those resources such as pallets with his no cooldown stun. in many games im able to escape, but not when the killer can see my survivor screaming and can prevent me from doing actions, not to mention the heartbeat and music that plays in t3. its too much power given to one killer which is what makes him so frustrating to go against.

• mindsaitek_dbd
    mindsaitek_dbd Member Posts: 3

Hmm u have the tools and perks to go against nurse and spirit too so get to it fam like stop acting like if the killer is OP for u then it’s okay but if the killer is op to someone else OH NO ur just bad like shut it lmao

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Doctor got a one second cooldown on his shock theraphy and it's a non-lethal ability. Got no own videos sadly, but i'll drop two of a content creator here.

So is doc op or you guys just frustrated by BHVar making some killers playable?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Are the people saying doc is OP actually saying that he's stronger and takes less effort than spirit, freddy etc? A lot of the doc posts don't seem to distinguish between being OP and being annoying either, I find Bubba's noises irritating as hell but that doesn't make him good.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

Coming up with a replacement for his powers is actually pretty important. Anti-stealth and anti-loop is literally all he does.

Also your first game ever as killer is obviously going to be easy, due to being at rank 20 despite having game knowledge.

• megansnotcreative

honestly, id say he’s just overpowered more than anything. he can prevent you from doing an action, and can have you give up your location at any given time. he’s over powered, with a rather simple playstyle. static blast, then shock therapy to prevent said survivor from throwing down a pallet or vaulting it. either way, it is barely counterable, or fair.

• megansnotcreative

there is a difference between playable and basically a guaranteed win. it takes very little skill to press one button to make everyone scream, & another to stop them from vaulting or doing anything.

• megansnotcreative

and yes of course it is possible to loop and escape a doctor, but not everyone who plays this game is a rank one with that kind of experience. and a lot of the community isn’t at that level of experience where they can counter a doctor easily. it’s just very easy to play him, and very hard to avoid him.

• EvanRaven
    EvanRaven Member Posts: 194

Doctor used to be one of the weakest killers in the game. He still can't stop gens getting done unless he wants to follow someone and spam shock on them until they get into tier 3. Play doctor against a full red rank swf and see how much fun it is.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

When people mention this "not everyone is that good"-argument, i usually say: Give nurse three blinks and no CD baseline. Not everyone can be that precise with her blinks huh?

You also mentioned that doc is too easy to play. The only part of docs ability that needs no mechanical skill is his static blast. And even that one needs tactical knowledge to get maximum use out of it.

His shock theraphy needs good timing on loops to actually deny you to drop a pallet/vault. You can dodge or DH it if you didn't knew. As if DH is not versatile enough.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It's unfortunate that your struggling against the doctor but I'd say he isn't broken. He can be good if played well but he definitely can be looped.

I'd say your probably a lower rank as killer if you haven't played as the doctor yet. Getting merciless in your first game isn't that tough tbh. To get the trophy for adept killer you need to get a merciless with the killers 3 teachable perks. Every killer I've went for adept on (which I always do immediately after their released) I've gotten first try. The only exception was Plague who was glitched for a short while.

I'd suggest watching some videos on how to counter doctor and it will help you a lot. I think after facing him a few times you'll be able to beat him quite easily.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

I'm fine with Doctor,kind of. He requires alot of practice with the shocks,and he needs the anti loop to be good. But at the same time if he knows the timing,ur ######### 100% at alot of loops(especially filler pallets)without dh/99% SB/he ######### up the shock himself.