is it only me or is PS4 lagging

Options

used to play a lot before dedicated servers and as well right after... the game was running OK on my PS4Pro. since the last update 3.7 i have noticed a lot of lagging during running or chases (survivor). I don't know if something with my internet is wrong or my console, or if its just the game/server. Who else is experiencing the same? its almost unplayable and unfunny.

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited May 2020
    Options

DBD runs a bit smooth on my PS-Pro.

I deleted it off my main PS4 (regular) because it was glitchy, and laggy.

I haven't experienced it yet, last time I played on my Pro was yesterday.

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208
    Options

Me too. I have 100mbp Wi-Fi and the game lugs so much... When I had 50 Wi-Fi I couldn't join as survivor in the menus. The game has a problem

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    Options

strange because as said, before 3.7.0 I had no issues

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yes. I play PS4 pro and the game lags and stutters like crazy. I was playing Leatherface and charging my chainsaw, in the open, right up on survivor's *ss and the survivor just warped three meters ahead and I missed my chainsaw. Multiple times. In a other match the game warped me two meters ahead when I was charging the chainsaw before a window. This was in the corner of mother's dwelling main building and the game warped me behind the corner where the window was not, giving the survivor free escape. As the Plague sometimes the puke gets cancelled even when it is charged 1/3rd of the progress bar. The game feels laggy/stuttering also when playing as the Hag and the Doctor. Something happened with the Chains of Hate patch.

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    Options

@Peanits @not_Queen any comments to the PS4 version?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I've been experiencing a lot of lag lately. My PS4 is hardwired and I have a month old router. Sometimes it's so laggy it's unplayable. Like I literally can't get through a door because I keep teleporting back into a wall.

• TheToxicAvenger
    Options

I've been playing DBD for almost 4 years and never has it been so laggy. It's s unplayable and has been this way for me since the hit validation updates. (about a month or so) My Ps4 pro is hardwired and hasn't given us any issues with other games. So it's a broken game as far as I can tell.

ANYONE ELSE ON PS4 feel the same?

DEVS PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS SOON.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

You're talking about the frames...yeah dbd ps4 frames are god awful at times.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

Yeah PS4 is still rough in a lot places. I lost a ton of frames yesterday just for Demon Strike lunging as Oni. Obviously that lunge missed. Any map with corn? We're farming frame drops today boys.

Baffles me how a game like Spiderman or something can run fine, but DBD makes my PS4 sound and feel like its trying to bake a pizza. I guess the optimization is just that borked.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Everything falling in place for sony to encourage people to buy PS5.

• Sinister_Fury
    Sinister_Fury Member Posts: 27
    Options

Yo the blight's intro when you start the game is laggy ass ######### on my ps4.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

Anytime I hit bloodlust or a survivor uses an exhaustion perk, I get my teeth pumped by a fat FPS spike and I miss my swing or walk into a wall. This wasn’t an issue like 6-8 months ago. Really frustrating, same issue as survivor, I had to stop using dead hard because it wouldn’t work 90% of the time because it would lag so bad every time I used it to the point where I’d be exhausted and still get hit. No I’m not bad, it’s a console FPS spike issue and it happens constantly

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122
    Options

I have experienced the same thing with dead hard...I stopped using the perk around the time of death slinger, I believe it was that or silent Hill chapter completely screwed the perk for ps4

• kjenn
    kjenn Member Posts: 7
    Options

Every game has been laggy for me now. Since the update lol