Why do killers DC after sabos and flashlight saves?

I'm genuinely concerned because I've only really played survivor most of the time and just last night I made a killer DC because I sabo saved someone once that game, nothing else toxic happened and he just dc'ed. I was wondering some of you killer mains mindset behind dc'ing after 1 or 2 saves, it's apart of the game isn't it?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180

I can't say for sure since I've never disconnected but (usually) people doing sabo/flashlight saves are really good at it and make the job of a killer damn near impossible if it's a SWAT SWF Team (sabo/flashlight saves being very common for them as it generally takes coordination and communication between survivors to really sabo/flashlight save well).

Whether it was actually the case or not, the killer probably assumed you were a SWAT SWF Team and didn't feel like dealing with the headaches that entails.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

"I got outplayed. Better dc."

"I find this annoying. I don't want to play anymore."

Happens on both sides.

But tbh I had rounds where I played bad and my internet just had the typical 24h dc.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

They don't know how to adapt. Drop survivor, go after sabo. Circle around to hit person trying to revive downed player.

Flashlight, equip Lightborn. Full immunity for one perk slot.

And if you get a game where you locker grab a Jane and it doesn't connect and she runs straight out the exit gate, then you swear to kill all Janes, no mercy.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited May 2020

Frustration from lack of experience. I love saboteurs and flashlight savers. Theyre predictable AF. You see someone with a flashlight, fake picking up then go slap them. They usually end up being the first ones to die. Sabos are usually bad at it, ive smacked a survivor trying to sabo, they try again and i smack them again downing them. Now i got 2 hooks for the price of one, sometines you have to drop the dude on your shoulder, leave him slugged and go after the saboteur.

Essentially, in both cases if youre smart youre pressuring multiple survivors instead of just 1. This is a good thing. Its why the most efficient teams dont bother.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Look at it this way. You sit down at your computer. Load up dead by daylight. Play with your cosmetics a little. Add some blood points into your favorite killer. Build your customization page with perks, and add ons. Maybe set a Killer challenge. Then go into the game.

Start searching for a match. Not even a minute of waiting (because there are little to no Killers right now). Get into a match. Where as you expect to chase survivors, and as they are being chased they get closer to their impending doom. You expect to scare them, make their skin crawl, and everyone laugh because it's fun to get scared. Instead to chase a survivor. They run 3 times in a circle around some small rubble, and drop a hunk of wood. Then jot over to the next pile of rubble and teabag as they wait for you to break the pallet, and an ungodly long stun if got hit by the pallet and didn't take the one perk specific to that specific situation.

Then when you finally down that survivor because they used up all of their second chance oppurtunties, and made their 12-20 mistakes (depending on the perks they took) to get there. You go to pick them up, and another survivor flash's a light in your eyes, leaves an annoying blind, key word annoying, and then you lose both of them. The same can be said about sabotaging the hook, now that they made it so easy and extremely powerful for survivors to build around. You finally pick that one survivor up, walk towards a hook, and then in less than 2 seconds it falls down before the other survivor proceeds to teabag and run. Then the survivor you're carrying breaks free because they made that easier for them too. All of that hard work. That you as the killer put into the game. All that chasing. All those mind games. All of you playing well. It's all taken away in an instant, because 1 out of 3 survivors clicked 1 button.

Now say this happens 3 matches in a row. Back to back. Still not experiencing any horror aspects in the game.

Well after the third time. I would just turn the game off too, and go play something else, because this is no longer a horror game. Neither is it fun for the Killer who get's 0 reward for playing well. One mistake costs them the game, but is forced to watch survivors go through so many second chances, just to get to escape for free by someone else, and don't get me started on the hatch mechanic.

• Dweeteater
    Dweeteater Member Posts: 37

They lack the hatred.