Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why doctor is bad for the game?

LuciMoe
LuciMoe Member Posts: 17

2 words Static blast. Basically a free bbq and chill. His power should make survivors scream but not show aura PERIOD. You can take that difficulty and change BOTCH TO EASY ASF

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited May 2020

Ah, what? Have you ever played doc? EVER?

Edit: or killer in general? His power is similar to Infectius, not BBQ

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

Just no.

The devs shouldn't be nerfing B tier killers, there's nothing wrong with having strong killers. The Devs should be balancing the game around rank 1 not balancing the game around rank 20.

If you played Doctor at red ranks, you won't be thinking that Doctor is easy. As most killer games at red ranks aren't easy, as a simple miss swing can cost you the game.

When I play survivor I have no issues playing against him, as I play a lot of Doctor I know his strengths and weaknesses. Before you say that I'm a killer main, I'm actually a survivor main.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

But it doesn't show auras, it just shows scream indicators lol. I suppose that's one good way to disqualify yourself from a balance discussion.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Doc isn't bad for the game, freddy is. Doctors main power is detection along with a side anti loop which is very counterable. Freddy on the other hand has the powers of about five different killers: a free slowdown, insane antiloop, teleportation at will, reduced terror radius and shortened height. Also doc is good at flushing out all those immersed claudetess in the corners of the map.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    edited May 2020

Oh boy, let me correct you on this because I smell a load of BS:

• "Free Slowdown"

No, no he does not have Free Slowdown. He needs to burn an add-on to get generator slowdown, and two of them only works if they are in the dream state. The Purple one also can be worse than the first two because it requires all 4 survivors to be asleep for it to work as effectively as possible.

• Insane Anti-Loop

Once again, no. His snares are barely a problem. If you see him placing snares, it's your cue to start getting the heck out of there. And even then, I have a friend who is a Freddy main and he has been playing Freddy with the Kid's Drawing add-on which basically makes his snares useless. He still 4ks every game without the help of snares, so no, his snares aren't a problem. Your skill as a survivor is.

• Reduced Terror Radius

I'll let it speak for itself:

• Shortened Height

The Pig, The Hag, The Legion, The Ghostface, The Spirit. Yeah no, he isn't the only one with Shortened Height, and the only reason it feels like that is because every other Killers are towering beasts (except the other 5)

Please don't derail this thread into another "Freddy is OP!!11!!!1!" thread, it gets tiring to see them when people are just clearly not as good as they think they are.

Forgot one of your points:

• Teleportation at Will

His teleport has a cooldown of roughly 60 seconds, faking a teleport gives him another cooldown of around 10 seconds. If he could teleport whenever then yeah, I agree he can be broken. But if his teleport incurs a LONG cooldown like this then it's relatively balanced. Not to mention SURVIVORS ARE GIVEN WARNING THAT HE IS TELEPORTING TO THEIR GENERATORS. So if you get hit after Freddy teleports knowing full well he is doing so it's 100% on you.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

His tr is standard the slowdown isnt free, being short doesnt help him at any loops other killers would be seen at anyway , and his teleport is limited to gens and with a cd to boot..

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited May 2020

Doctor isn't bad because of any power, he's bad because of the constant annoyances.

It's a classic example of something in a game that's just not enjoyable to deal with, regardless of if you win or lose. (And that's me saying that as a killer main.)

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I totally agree with that. I don't mind playing against really strong killer... but doctor is really annoying one, so I had to put off my headset just to stop hearing screams all the time while I am hiding in the locker.

• DelsKibara

There must be a killer every week for these kinds of threads.

Waiting for the day Huntress becomes the topic of discussion.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Static Blast is so easy to avoid. If you're already well within his terror radius maybe it's not as easy, but even within his terror radius you can hop into a locker. A lot of the time you can hear when a Doctor is getting near unless he's running a low terror radius build, in which case Static Blast isn't nearly as threatening. If you hear him getting near, and you haven't heard him Static Blast recently, just try to stay at the edge of his terror radius, and when you hear him charge it, sprint directly out of it and you won't get hit. I've used this trick and avoided many a blast. Also, you just get a location indicator when you shock somebody. I'm pretty sure you have to put on a certain addon in order to get an aura reading ability, and it's when you level up the survivors' madness tier.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Fun fact, there's a warning that comes before his blast. Lockers are a hard counter to it. Doctor is entirely fine.

• Dwigtht

Oh, sure, lockers are great! But what if the locker is far away? Can I also get my portable locker so I can inflate it near the gen and just sit there?

Would be also great to put gen and totem inside the locker, so that I don't need to risk at all.

Or put doctor into the locker and seal the door

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320
    edited May 2020

Doctor would be weak as hell without static blast.

• Dwigtht

Yes, the power is OP and this is a not just about static blast, but the combination of all effects:

1. He can stun you near the pallet, so you have to be really far away to pre-drop it. You literally cannot stun doctor unless he is rank 20.

2. Madness 3: You do not need Sloppy Butcher to waste surv time when they mend; just with your basic ability. 

3. Static Blast works even better than Plague's "Infectious Fright". So, you have one more perk for free! 

4. Madness 3 reveals you when you scream

5. Reverse skill check

6. REVERSE SKILL CHECK ON DS... which is already difficult to hit

7. "Illusionary Doctor" is a free BBQ and Chilly

Plus add here King and Queen addons...

And now add 4 perks!

• DelsKibara

If you're having trouble with Reverse Skill Checks... You have more things to worry about than just Doctor.

I personally don't notice he has Reverse Skill Checks half the time because they don't change much.

• Dwigtht

But, with the current state of broken matchmaking I would ask for more doctors on the servers to face red ranks!

I would probably buy one Doc for myself, event though I hate doc and rather play Piggy or Ghostface

• Dwigtht

Good for you! Great skills! I should git gut or or whatever

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

I have to say though I am not a big fan of the doctor myself but that’s just me. The only thing I would say bothers me is when people overly use his shock ability.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    1. I have stunned doctor before in the red ranks, doctor also slows down I believe when using his powers, so if you just leave that pallet or pre-throw it like you said you can just counter doctor doing that
    2. Did you think old Madness was OP too? Madness 3 is weaker now than the original madness 3 as you go to tier 1 instead of 2
    3. Static Blast is also on a cooldown, while Infectious fright isn't
    4. You get revealed when screaming in general
    5. These are easy as hell to hit
    6. DS and reverse skill checks are easy to hit
    7. No its not a free chili, it may show where doctor is but only provides possible locations of said survivors, I find this to be a useless ability for doctor
    8. His king and Queen add-ons are ULTRA RARE, did you expect them to be weak add-ons like Oni and Demo's UR add-ons?

I know you didn't say it but just because a killer is ANNOYING doesn't make them OP, Legion is annoying and they are an awful killer, same with Clown

• Dwigtht

"I know you didn't say it but just because a killer is ANNOYING doesn't make them OP, Legion is annoying and they are an awful killer, same with Clown"

Here I could definitely agree the killer is ANNOYING. But I personally don't think Clown is as annoying as doctor and I believe Clown requires more skill to play compared to doctor. There is an addon which makes surv exposed on direct bottle hit... but you have to make a direct hit!

Just compare a naked Clown with no perks, no addons and, yuck, naked doctor, who is stronger?

• Dwigtht

Another thing is people recommend to use Calm Spirit against doctor. Completely useless perk in most matches. If there would be a meta perk, which is:

as useful as Spine Chill against stealh killers

or as useful as Resilience against Plague (and when you are injured)

or as useful as Small Game against Trapper and Hag, and also lets you find totems

I would definitely use this perk in my builds... but... Calm Spirit is useless

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I don't even know where to start honestly. First of all, you can't break away from a loop when a freddy places a snare. You wanna know why? Because he doesn't have a cooldown. You could spam as many spares as you like with NO penalty whatsoever. Trapper and hag have to spend time prepping and setting up, which with that risk comes a rewark if survivors step in their traps. Clown has a slowdown when he throws his bottle and placement and aiming is key with his bottles. He also has limited bottles so he cant just keep throwing bottles whenever he wants. This is the main problem with freddy, that he doesn't get punished for making mistakes. Let's compare him to the three other top tier killers, Nurse, Spirit and Huntress. A nurse has to be extremely good with her blinks in order to be rewarded with a hit, and messing up results in a long fatigue for her. Huntress has limited hatchets and once she runs out, shes a 110% killer until she reloads. Spirit can completely loose a survivor and suffer from a long cooldown if she phases incorrectly or gets mindgamed. See all of these killers have strong powers, yet they have penalties for messing up and require skill to use. You can't expect to 4k as soon as you pick up one of these killers. Freddy is completely opposite. Along with having no cooldown from placing a snare, he does have a slowdown if you look at how his power works. You have to break out of dream world every 60 seconds otherwise you risk the freddy sneaking up on you and will be extremely vunerable in chase with his snares. This isn't even considering the fact that dreamworld renders so many perks useless including BT. Yes his teleportation does have a 60 second cooldown but this is if no-one is in dream world, otherwise he has a much shorter cooldown. Also, freddy doesn't even have to work for his insanely strong map pressure. Just looking at Demogorgon alone, he has to place his portals around the map in strategic spots where the survivors can't see them. The main problem with him as i mentioned so many times is his that he doesn't get punished for playing bad. There's so much more i could go into detail with and talk about how he basically steals other killer's powers and make them look useless, but i'm not going to. Just look at one of my discussions if you wan't to see mroe. At the end of the day, I'm all for strong killers, but strong killers with a low skill cap and no penalties for bad plays? No thanks.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

The only time auras is shown is with restraint add ons. If you don't wanna scream run calm spirit to avoid the notification.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I personally have faced less and less of doctors here lately. I don't find him OP, or bad for the game. Even when I do go against one, I find them relatively easy to beat. The key for me is to stay opposite of where he is, and out of range of his SB. Some people use calm spirit, which is fine. It's personal preference, but I think that is a wasted slot that can be utilized by a more useful perk. I'm a killer main that also enjoys playing survivor.. ( pig, and blendette mains )..

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Doc is fine. Decently strong and not too annoying.

• NinjaDette1

I am ok with most doctors but I’ve had a few that constantly shocked everyone.

• NinjaDette1

Yeah but believe me I was going 😱 literally the entire time 😂.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited May 2020

I like how no one has addressed the REAL elephant in the room when regarding Doctor as being problematic. I don't care if the devs said it was intentional, having Madness Tier 3 on top of Deep Wounds basically makes you a free down, no matter the situation, and it's ridiculous. If a killer is camping and then decides to chase me, and I finally get away only to have to snap out of it and then fall down to the ground because it doesn't mend FIRST, that was a bullshit interaction. There is no excuse for that interaction existing.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Personally I loved playing against the old Doc as survivor because you'd have to think about where you are, what gens you can work on and actually play smart.

Doc now is okay, but I do miss his Treatment Mode (only thing was having to switch between modes was meh).

• Blister987
    Blister987 Member Posts: 54

Doc is mediocre and needs a buff.

• Atrushan88
    edited May 2020

A perk used against CAMPING KILLERS? Also, you can't always find a survivor when you're being CHASED by the killer who was camping you. Sometimes you have to run from him, and loop him for a while, before he loses you, and you can't constantly be moving while looping a killer. Again, there's no excuse for that interaction. As for saying he DESERVES to down someone just for them being unhooked is incredibly biased.

As for why remove it? Let's see, because it's extremely abusable to the same effect as old Legion? If I gave a Doc a good run, he hooks me, camps me, someone uses BT to get me off, and he chases me again, and leaves me while I'm in tier 3 but also deep wounds, I don't think he deserves a free down. I don't see how anybody COULD think he deserves that. Mending should come before Snap Out of It. You can still be shown your location to him while mending, it's a fairer situation all around, if he wants to chase someone for another round while they're mending he has that choice. A free down out of circumstance is not fair.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89

The only thing I think that's objectively bad about doc is that he preys on new players. Doc on meat plant vs. rank 20's is probably the closest thing you will find to 100% 4K statistically, if I had to guess. Poor baby survivors will get eaten alive.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I was told I played scummy just for playing Doc.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Well it only shows your aura with an addon. Ever played new doc or actually tries to understand him?

• cosmicvolts
    cosmicvolts Member Posts: 313

I hate doctor hes the worst killer and makes me not even want to play the game

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Shame on you for doing his ability to a survivor. Shame on you again for playing a killer. Next time go to a corner and wait there.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Static blast has counterplay and is on a long cool down. What more do you want?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

But it isnt a free down, is it? It is a legit down, that was avoided by bt in the first place. He still have to hit you to activate bt.

So why do you falsly claim its free? Just to make your point, instead of having a meaningful discussion?

• Kon
    Kon Member Posts: 76

just run calm spirit

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

The toxicity is bad for the game, thanks for spreading more.

Perhaps just have a counter to the discussion instead of insulting people.

• Atrushan88
    edited May 2020

I don't consider hits by a camper a "legit down" as there are ways to avoid it, specifically band aid perks USED FOR THAT REASON. The devs don't want camping to be something that's a GOOD WAY to play, they've said it in their AMA. That's why BT exists, Doctor counters that. It's a FREE down because he doesn't have to do anything besides hit you and chase you for a bit and then LEAVE you, and suddenly you can't do anything because if you stop moving you will be downed, so now your position is revealed CONSTANTLY to the killer, meaning you cannot snap out of it, once you do, you're put on the ground. How is that fair in any capacity? Why is a PERK(something you have to opt into choosing) able to be avoided PURELY BY A KILLER'S POWER(something you get without picking anything)?