The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just saw the latest Claudette skin and while I expected nothing I was still let completely down.

2»

Comments

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

You say Claudette gets all the ugly cosmetics, what about my boy Jake? When's he going to get something that isn't the most abhorrent, repulsive, disgusting disappointment since Feral Frenzy?

• Jordan_131201
    Jordan_131201 Member Posts: 91

You do realise that all the characters you referenced are licensed characters. BHVR can't just say, "okay this skin is ugly ima change it myself". Much more complicated than that

• Jordan_131201

I don't understand how yall can be so upset over a video game. The game is fictional. The survivors were plucked out of reality and put into a fabricated universe by an entity with spider legs. Yet yall saying it don't make sense that Meg has a heavy back pack and can still spring burst. It's a game. The lore is fictional, stop crying

• Jordan_131201

Finally someone that agrees with me. It's literally just a game. A fictional game. A fabricated universe created by spider legs. Can't get any more fictional than that. Cosmetics are the least of the devs problems. Remember, they have to release a DLC every 3 months, they have to fix bugs, they have to balance the game while listening to players opinions. ALL while this coronavirus sh*t is going on. They devs aren't gods.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

I love how make a thread about my personal displeasure with Claudette's cosmetics and the hate for Claudette continues well onto forums with people basically telling me to stfu and get over it. Y'all really are something else I swear. Just say you hate Claudette and move on with your life.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I like the Claudette outfit

• OtakuBurrito

Yeah I do too. the mountain get away one. the only one i saw before was the recolored one and i was just so done.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

So, like every other leaked skin, it probably won't be changed at all......

But ooookay.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

There is like only one cosmetic that I would willingly spend money on because i think it's extremely cute, but am i going to demand the developers to make more skins like that? hell no, i've never used the store unless buy DLCs or perks from the shrines.

Most of the time I look at the skins and see how ugly they are when they're released, lol.

• SmarulKusia

We're actually more or less telling you to get over yourself and this weird entitlement you have towards getting a nice skin?

Beauty is subjective, and whilst i find my skins repulsive, ugly or a waste of time - others are allowed to like them or think they look good. Them not giving Claudette a skin that YOU think doesn't look good doesn't mean the world is against Claudette and everyone hates her. She's easily one of the most played survivors and popular within the communities, whether it's for her perks, 'blendette' or just because they like running her.

This is some weird victim complex you have

• OtakuBurrito

When you literally just proved my point with this response. Good job. You know you can choose to not click on a post right?

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

I don't know about you, but I can sprint with a backpack on, were you never in high school and had to book it from one end of the building to the other?? Especially if that backpack is clipped and secured from both the chest and waist like the Backpack Meg is wearing, as for Nea her backpack is nowhere near a camping backpack it's a small backpack meant to carry a few small things in this case since she's a grafitti artist it's: "a backpack loaded with paint" there are even two spray paint cans on the side of the pack indicating what is inside. The same applies for tools on a belt, how does that impede you from running???

None of your examples are apt comparisons for a 20 foot long wedding dress like the fan art you posted, it is not feasible to do anything more than a light jog in something like that. Especially in an uneven environment filled with rocks, strewn debris, not to mention trying to push through corn fields or vaulting a window at all let alone fast vaulting. You make it incredibly difficult to sympathize when the most prominent idea you bring up is just terribly unrealistic given the setting of the game.

Not to mention, who would she even be marrying from a lore standpoint?? I'm not saying Claudette can't get married but her bio never mentions her being in any kind of romantic relationship, and since her whole archetype is being the shy nerdy girl who keeps to herself the implication is pretty obvious: she's single. That's nothing to be frowned upon since in fact no survivor is ever mentioned to be in an active relationship. I bring this up because you yourself have put an emphasis on giving Claudette cosmetics that "fit her" but since her character is clearly an introvert who prefers solitude she's less likely to be in a relationship, so a wedding dress wouldn't fit her. Her bio literally says: "Claudette is not the outgoing type. Her brilliance provided her with a social handicap and she has fled the real world for chat rooms and forums." obviously you can be an introvert and be in a relationship, but it says she deliberately "fled the real world for chat rooms and forums" so it doesn't make sense to me that she would all of a sudden be getting married out of the blue, it doesn't fit her character, which again is something you yourself have repeatedly emphasized.

And listen I'm not saying you can't be selfish, you can want the best for the character, all I'm saying is that you should have a little perspective for the characters who need far more attention than Claudette does. Your second analogy doesn't work as well since we're talking about the same subject matter and your analogy consists of a shirt and something completely unrelated when we're talking about two shirts for two characters. it's more like you shouldn't be as upset because your favorite shirt was ruined because of a small stain, because a person in the same place had their favorite shirt absolutely demolished because it caught fire.

I'm not saying you can't be upset, I'm saying you should have a little perspective for the people who have it worse because their character mains are far less supported than yours.

• SmarulKusia

You’re acting like the devs are out to get Claudette just because she doesn’t have a nice skin according to YOU. Get over yourself

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I really hope the Froguette submission for the skin contest wins. It would be the first cosmetic I buy for Claudette haha.

• Vidal_Signz
    Vidal_Signz Member Posts: 14

Agreed. I am not a Claudette main, but whe is one of the first characters I reached 50 with but that was mainly in an attempt to unlock Self-Care. Her other perks are not that useful imo. Bond is more useful than Empathy, and Botany Knowledge is only useful in weak health kits slightly better.

But let's be honest, the reason why there are 2-3 Claudette mains in every other lobby is... She is the hardest characrer to see. As such, it is my experience that these players are the WORST kind of teammates, as they will usually spend the majority of the match hiding im various bushes and dark corners rather than work on gens and rescue teammates. I've played games as Killer where I repeatedly found the same Claudette player hiding in the exact same hiding spot (or close to it), then killed them and was accused of tunneling (lol).

In any event, the devs apparently know this, as the majority of her outfits have her dressed in dark rather than light colors. Why take the time and money to design something if no one wants to buy or wear it?.

With that being said, I just happened to notice the other day that Zarina, who JUST came out... Has just as many cosmetics as Adam, who has been out for quite some time. I realize there aren't droves of Adam mains like there are Claudettes, but even so that's just not right. Adam is actally an underrated characrer... i have found his personal perks extremely useful. They just take a litte more skill and patience to use, which could be why he isn't that popular. Or maybe it's bc his cosmetics suck. His default outfit is trash, imo the worst of any Survivor.... That bright grey lab-coat lookin thing he has on will get you killed quicker than anything! You can see that thing flapping around from space! But when you go to the store to find something better, all they have is "different colored" trenchcoats they wanna charge as a whole outfit when hardly any of his outfits change his head... 3 I think.

I have like 20 different outfits for Claudette, and they all have different heads! And I didn't have to buy any of them in-store! They all came from DLC bundles, rift rewards, etc. So I'm sorry, but your pleas of sorrow mean nothing to me. You wanna be a Claudette main? Fine. Own it then. Put on your darkest outfit, fill your slots with all your meta healing perks, and just go crouch in a bush somewhere. Sorry, not sorry.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

As a claud main,I'm dissapointed ngl.

• Jordan_131201

Kinda makes your comment completely irrelevant though. If you want licensed cosmetics, hit the companies up yourself. The devs aren't gods

• OriginalSunnyPlace
    OriginalSunnyPlace Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020

Wait what maid cafe outfit I haven't seen it floating around do you have any pictures or links? Also agree , while we do have a lot of stuff for Claudette it's not necessarily cute or stylish it maybe to some but I digress. Claudette deserves at least one cute whole skin/outfit.

This discussion has been closed.