Every solo survivor should read this.

I'll keep this fairly short and to the point.

Through my play time, I've discovered two perks that I believe every solo survivor should run. Granted, if you're a god-tier survivor then you probably don't need this information, but for everyone else here you go:

1. Kindred
  2. Spine Chill

These two perks are immensely helpful for inexperienced survivors and even good survivors.

I'll briefly explain why both perks are worth running.

Kindred - This perk is important because it helps your team continue pumping out gens. It's not good enough for just one survivor to use the perk. I've seen many instances where one survivor gets hooked and both my teammates rush the hook. If all the survivors used Kindred, then each player can use their time wisely. Also, the killer aura reading is very helpful for determining what the killer's next move will be. Probably the biggest reason solo survivors die so frequently is because the team is not doing gens efficiently.

Spine Chill - One of the best perks you can use to help improve your chases. Many survivors in my experience are not good in chases or just downright awful (even at rank 1). Spine Chill can at least give you a warning, which will give you enough time to gain some distance and prepare your next move. So even if you aren't the best looper, you can use Spine Chill to reach a pallet or window before the killer closes in on you. Not to mention, Spine Chill simply counters so many killers. You can use the advance warning of Spine Chill to better position yourself against Nurse, Spirit, Ghost Face, Wraith, Myers, Pig, and Hag. One of my favorite uses of Spine Chill is to continue pressuring gens while injured. If the killer comes back to my location, I can give myself a head start, which makes it much harder for the killer to catch me.

That's about all I have. Feel free to discuss your thoughts on this topic. Lastly, if you're one of those survivors who doesn't care about winning, that's fine. This post is mostly for average players who are having a hard time escaping.

Comments

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

spine chill's my favorite perk hands down, even as a semi competent-ish survivor there are soooo many situations where it's saved my life. finishing that last bit of a gen or opening an exit gate just in time or helping me avoid weird dedicated hits through windows. just overall an amazing perk for anyone. I definitely agree about kindred too, it's probably the best information perk in the game now. good advice! 💝

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

The problem with premonition though is the constant false positives it gives. Spinechill lets you know when a killer is coming your way as opposed to just being in the area. Premonition on the other hand will go off no matter WHAT the killer is doing. The killer could be completely busy with chasing someone else, but premonition is gonna treat THAT exactly the same as if the killer is coming to check your gen. Is it time to hide now? You dont know.

• riotangel
    riotangel Member Posts: 176

When I was inexperienced I found premonition way better than spine chill because I could tell where the killer is coming from, especially in walled locations. That gave me the exact information which direction I need to head to hide; otherwise I could be walking around a corner right into the killer. With that perk I was rather often the last survivor found/killed.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

@riotangel

Aiming this at both of you...but maybe try utilizing Alert in your builds. Not only will this give you the killer's location from time to time, but also information on which pallets have been used, the location of gens and the identity of the killer at the beginning of the match. Typically if a killer breaks a pallet or kicks a gen sometime before heading your way... you'll get a decent idea of which direction theyre coming from.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I love both Kindred and Spine Chill sooo much. Kindred is my go-to information perk (cause I am always playing solo since I have no friends). It's amazing. Lets me know if my team is going for the save, or if I need to go (I also always run BT). Also lets my entire team know where everyone is when I am on the hook. Very useful and worth running if you're trying to rush gens.

Spine Chill I love for multiple reasons. Not only does it counter the stealth killers, but I love it for the extra vault speed in chases. The vault build is one of my favourite (Spine Chill, Resilience, Iron Will, Dead Hard). Can't remember how many times it's saved me in chases or opening exit gates, finishing gens, etc.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Ive been digging the spine chill/resiliance/iron will combo

• riotangel
    riotangel Member Posts: 176

I don't use premonition anymore. It did help me survive (or last) plenty of matches back then, false positives or not. Especially when I perpetually suffer from bad latency, I needed all the early warning I could get; if I saw a red stain around a corner it was almost a guaranteed hit because everything happened too late too slow for me.

However, this game is unfortunately more about the chase than stealth. Therefore learning how to navigate/loop obstacles will serve towards long-term survivability, of which windows of opportunity is helpful teaching beginners where are the safeer places to run towards. At that point, then spine chill takes on the better value for boosting vault speed.

My preferred chase-to-stealth combo is quick & quiet + inner strength + head on. Pulled off properly, can hop into locker and heal while killers get confused, and knock them silly if they return. But lag makes this a 50/50 game as I often get overridden by killer's action.

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

my current solo build: kindred, BT, sprint bursto, we will make it

If my team mates are injured, I try to get the safe, remember my team mates position, heal the unhooked person and run to the next team mate for a fast heal. Trying to get the most out of we will make it. Can be replaced by botany knowledge as well, for perma 33% buff and increased medkit value (12 charges for a heal instead of 16 = green medkit can heal twice, with 16 + 8 charges a max of 4 heals).

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I just run Kindred without Spine Chill. Usually Kindred alone will tell me which direction the killer is heading towards after hooking someone, and if it's towards me, I'll wait until they're pretty close before using Sprint Burst to get to a tile/pallet.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Both of these are excellent perks. Only 3 survivors in a group need to run it, though. Not four. As long as three people have it, everyone will benefit from it.

I like Spine Chill because I often don't pay much attention to my surroundings as much as I should.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I run Kindred a lot. It's too good. Even if the killer leaves the hooked person and you're not the one going for the save, you can usually tell the general direction they're headed in. Not to mention it makes it easier for my teammates to save my fried potato arse.

Spine Chill I like but I don't run as much. I actually prefer it for a Head On build. You know when they're coming, so leave some scratch marks, hop into a locker, and stun'm. Gives you a head start in a chase or they just don't find you, weirdly, lol.

• kiku
    kiku Member Posts: 11

Exactly! I use these every time i don't run a fun/meme build... so basically never, but absolutely agree.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

True, you only need three people to use Kindred. That said, I generally think it's a good idea to encourage all survivors to use the perk. That way you reduce the number of situations where people don't run the perk because they assume others will. Better to have 4 Kindreds than only one or two.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I like both these perks, but I don't have room for 2 information perks in my build when I play solo - since it's nearly imperative to bring DS for yourself, BT for your teammates, and Iron Will for sound diffusion - since sound is a huge factor in this game. I just need a 5th perk slot and I'd be set. But I'll typically use my 4th slot for Kindered. Definitely invaluable information for yourself and your team. I learned to play without self care and exhaustion perks...maybe one of these days I'll ween off the DS or Iron Will too. Probably right around the time they're inevitably nerfed. 😂

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Kindred is way better than Borrowed Time. Just save when the killer isn't around. If you hear the heartbeat when you get close, assume the killer is proxy camping and work on a generator OR lead the killer away (if they're soft proxy camping, and not hard proxy camping in that they won't leave a certain radius, in which case doing generators is your best bet anyway). If ALL survivors understood this, camping would become obsolete.