The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Wow a rank 1 camper

2»

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

Killers do that because it works. Just like survivors loop because it works. It's part of the game especially at higher ranks.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

A killer that stays in close proximity of the hook without leaving.

• JeffLebowski920
    JeffLebowski920 Member Posts: 13

If I didn't have fun then you played the game wrong. Is that a proper breakdown of DBD for ... ever?

• KaceSpireh
    KaceSpireh Member Posts: 112

You do know that as a red rank killer we get headaches from survivors with their teabags and the clickity click clack nonsense and sometimes we just want to chill near the hook and be absolute soulsborne dogs (a mob in soulsborne games which is a dog (duh) that's very irritating to deal with) like you are to us, so please the man was cooling off his steam

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Most killer players cant play without ruining the game for others, cause theyre that bad. And devs still ignore those "legit strategies". Killer players are the reason that this game is more frustrating than fun.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Camping is why second chance perks exist. Bite the bullet and equip some.

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101

Proxy camping or face camping?

• Xavier22
    Xavier22 Member Posts: 160

Staying close to the hook but not face camping so that you can't be called a face camper but it's pretty much the same thing.

• SirBDog
    SirBDog Member Posts: 31

This just sounds like survivors are getting salty cause the killer is actually doing good and killing people. Camping is definitely not something you should do, but people do, and you just have to find ways around it like with any other strategies (e.g. survivors just looping through pallets to evade capture - it's basically the same)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Nobody cares what you find exciting or fun. People who play killer dont want ti get stomped, and sometimes that means camping and or tunneling, most of the time though it means pressuring survivors in ways they call camping/tunneling that isnt. If you find this boring maybe fortnite would be better for you

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    edited May 2020

Haha all these entitled Killers thinking that making the game boring by hovering 10 ft from a hook as viable and fun is truly pathetic. Where is the fun in just standing there like a dog guarding his bone? Killers are supposed to actively engage Survivors and actually GET REWARDED for not camping. You don't have to be a toxic pile of waste to get a 4k. (Play both sides before anyone tries that bs argument btw) Just had a match with a Rank 1 Doc at Lery's where someone popped Haunted Ground right away and he got me, then proceeded to stand right in front of me and shock the ground until I died. What skill!

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

Love all the people comparing camping to looping a pallet. How dare you not stand there and let me hit you, that means I should be allowed to abuse my power! Make it make sense.

Like someone stated earlier that, oddly enough, no one has had anything to say against. Y'all are the first ones to scream it isn't right that people with DS jump in a locker, but it's okay to abuse your power to force someone out of the game early or otherwise prevent them from playing at all. 🤷‍♀️

Y'all cry so much about how unfair second chance perks are which wouldn't even be needed if people didn't play like that then turn around and tell people they should be using them just to once again say all survivors do is use the meta. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This coming from someone who rarely uses DS (and supports NOED as is), but I should have today with how many people face camped from the start of the match for no reason. Three games in a row including a clown who spammed insta down bottles on you until he got a hit while you can't even get two feet away from him (no gens done yet, game just started) and then face camped while smacking you until you die on first hook, then had the audacity to say I deserved it for struggling because he wouldn't leave. This is your average red rank killer because it's the easiest way to cheese as the camping penalty does little to nothing to them. Why would the devs implement a camping penalty (as awful as it is) if they wanted you to play that way? That's right, they don't. Just like Legion was exploited and had to be changed because people didn't play him the way BHVR had intended.

I just wanted to have a chance to actually play the game after playing a face camping simulator the previous two games and waiting 20 minutes in a lobby to get there, but I guess that's too much to ask. Would have probably gotten tunneled through DS anyhow.

• FaceCamper420
    FaceCamper420 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2020

Why do ppl come in here crying about a legal strat? Players can play however they want, within the rules. Cey to the devs about it, they MAKE the rules. Otherwise, deal with it and move on or quit the game. I wish this list was read before coming on here crying, making yourself look stupid. If it's not bannable, stop making threads complaining about it.

DISCARDED REPORTS REASONS

THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

• Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Killers arent rewarded for not camping, the person gets unhooked and we have to go find them, theres an emblem penalty for camping but why the heck should i leave when i turn around and theres 3 survivors tbagging by pallets because either i stay by the hook and lose emblem points or give them a free unhook.

People love to talk about how bs it is for survivors to get camped but noone wants to talk about the killer who is in a lose-lose situation because (not including insidious bubba) there are no issues with survivors camping yhe hook.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

The only time I really hate Proxy campers is with Hag players who set 5 traps around the hook.

Other than that its whatever just learn to live with it. I usually walk a good bit from the hook and try to go after the one who unhooked.

Another bit of advice if the Killer knows that more than 1 survivor is around the hook he isn't going to leave. So if your playing with your team tell them to leave or if your playing solo just resign yourself.

• Dwight_Farefeild
    Dwight_Farefeild Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2020

I don't do that,even with a mori I let them unhook them Mori them or slug

Edit: Your right it is smarter at red ranks because survivors are toxic at red rank

• IcallBS
    IcallBS Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2020

The ones who say its part of the game and go on about survivors "complaining" Im sure are the ones who do the same. Which is why its "okay"

Im pretty sure the game is about hunting down the survivors... and that is a category on the emblems right? That is what you call trash killers. They play like trash, so they look for easier ways to get those kills. I call them desperate. Kinda like the 4k killers who have to slug the 3rd survivor and make the game so fun and last 20 minutes longer so they can eventually get the 4th, so that survivor dont get the hatch...which is so lame and needs to be dealt with by behavior.

I mean when the killers cry over survivors hiding and prolonging game they fixed that. I think if you slug you have a certain unknown variable amount of time to pick the survivor up and hook them or they recover enough to get up...

Being killer can be hard but its a hell of a lot easier than what it was. If you can't play killer because of survivors, practice! The killers are op af. 2 to 4 meters faster, and most have a 6.9 meter lunge...its strategy and timing. If your off you lose. If you get a rhythm, it gets more smooth.

Idgaf if anyone agrees or disagrees its facts

• Rhymewriter
    Rhymewriter Member Posts: 37

Oooh here we go. *Cracks knuckles* gotta make sure I do this right. Let's see......*gets up and stretches a bit* hmmmm....if it isn't a bannable offense then it's fine. People are naturally toxic. But when killers have their own complaints that survivors tell them to ignore, you can easily expect to get the same reply.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The only possibly factual statement in your comment is that you call killers "desperate" for camping. Everything else is wrong.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Going to be honest I don't know the movie lol I just know the meme.

If you type in "first time meme" you can probably find out what movie it's from

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Omg that's actually true lol, although Proxy camping isn't much of an issue tbh.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020

Didn't read the whole discussion but I thought I'd give my two cents. Proxy camping is a technique used by all of the best killers I watch on stream. Generally speaking if a killer doesn't have a clear target with BBQ, they will hook a survivor, make rounds to the nearest gen or two if they're close enough and then loop back toward the hook if not. Killers typically won't completely give up a hook unless they find someone else to chase or have a higher priority gen they need to protect further away (or if they're playing a killer with mobility)

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Tunneling, Camping, and Slugging are all legitimate strategies, and the Devs have defended them (you cannot report someone for doing these things, and if you try to you may get banned yourself for false reports with malicious intent).

I am amazed you are still on the forums with how vitriolic you are against killer players in general. Every time I pass you on the forums, you are saying something horrible about them (some players might apply, but you apply the minority to the majority)...

• EntityDrudge
    EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184

Well one is an exploitation of poor game development, and the other is literally just not being a potato

• Carisma1005
    Carisma1005 Member Posts: 17

These are the most defensive chicken sht responses I have ever seen, there are trash ass post about gen rushing and looping ruining the game but the same people are defending starring at a hook (which possible since they shrunk and widened every single map) as a playstyle. So many people try to use the "it's a multiplayer game, it's about all parties having fun!" Now tht everyone has come out and admitted tht is bullshit we don't have to pretend killers are trying to make a better game and aren't just whining. Run Borrowed, D-S because you have to force the killer to not tunnel and play like they have a brain or these killers tht couldn't get 4k's is green ranks will complain about "OP survivors.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309
  • SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

NOOOOOO COOOOOOOTE THE KILLER CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME COOOOOOOTE

• SquirrelKnight

All ive learned from this thread is survivors deserve to be camped and tunneled because you all are just rude as hell.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Hey, don't lump us all together. I don't BM and don't insult people in the post-game chat. In fact, I regularly tell toxic players to STFU in the chat.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

Survivor main here clearly. But tbh I prefer proxy camping thing facecamping.... well unless its in the basement then its game over for that Survivor. What you should rant about is the proxy "camper" that turns into the tunneler even when others are avaible for hits or downs... such a "fun" game for all. Be safe out there

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Playing optimally is toxic? TIL...

Inb4 it's not optimal. They got to rank 1 and still do it. Something is working. 🤷‍♀️

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

As survivor I love facing different killers and strategies, and it's pretty rare to get camping killers but when it happens you have to adapt. I like it. Survivors complaining about it is the problem here. It's part of the game just deal with it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

I think ive heard that in the new castlevania cartoon.

Back on Topic: A camper wouldnt stay in Rank 1 if survivors stopped rewarding it.

• SquirrelKnight

Very true, there are good people out there, and they deserve the respect to go with it 👍

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

i was just commenting people play more toxic during challenges

• Ghost28
    Ghost28 Member Posts: 6

Rank 1 doesnt mean good. Current matchmaking is trash.