Killers only interested in 4k

Options
andyollolloll
andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

It used to bother me that people would say this, personally I want to have fun and getting a 4k when playing killer wasn't my primary goal. Nothing bores me more than one hooking every survivor or camping at a hook.

However it suddenly occured to me, when I play survivor solo I want us all to do well, 4 survivors escape.

Putting that into a 4 man SWF mindset, even more so, because you are all friends playing together and working hard for each other...

This is why survivors who don't play killer always say "Killers only interested in 4k", it is just a reflection of their goals.

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Well, this is why I say MOST killers only care about a 4k.

As a Survivor, as long as I played well, I don't care if I died. As a Killer, I'm generally fine with a 2k and don't care about a 3k with hatch.

While I tend to follow the emblem system to gage how well I did in a match, I don't need a set of skulls or running stick people to make me feel good about my performance.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Both sides always want a 4k/4 man escape because that's the best possible outcome

• Khallaria
    Khallaria Member Posts: 73
    Options

The problem is that the survivor emblem system simply allows them too easily rank up and keep that rank while failing to escape.

In high red ranks as killer (especially with the current gen rush meta) if a killer doesn't 4k it's usually at best a tie if not a derank. Sooo there's that issue.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

It is only rational that both sides prefer the best outcome.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I second this, 2k is fine 3k with hatch is a w to me so idc

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

but just because you 4K don’t mean your a good;

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Im fine hust being able to cimpete at this point. My killer matches are either all new players who i floor stomp easily, or red ranks who decimate me. Very few grindy nail biters. I don't mind losing if i feel like i had a chance from the start.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I hope that's sarcasm. Winning is literally how we define who is or isn't good.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020
    Options

This👍 And I play on both sides equally Not every killer is a tryhard for their 4K blood points. I personally don’t care for the 4K points. And also you can’t be upset over killers doing their job in killing. You can’t escape in every game even if you do make Somewhat of a Decent SWF group. And also you can’t be mad at killers for wanting their points what if a killer is doing a daily challenge you can’t just assume every killer is in it for blood points. If you don’t enjoy the game you should honesty leave and play something like Minecraft👋.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

To be honest, even starting out the game as a newer player, I always was under the impression that this game has a "save your own skin" sort of theme to it. It just always seemed, and I also heard from others, that obviously it's good to help people, but you can't always do that and sometimes it's better to just leave. I had preferred the thought of the thrill of being chased when I first started, but solo survivor has quickly spoiled that feeling.

Either way, I still play survivor and I had a game yesterday where I had a daily ritual to escape and survive with Jake Park, so that's what I went in the game to do. As the last gen popped in that game, there was myself and 2 other survivors still alive, and one of them was getting downed as the last gen finished. I go to open an exit gate on the opposite end of the side that the survivor got hooked on (same side, just other end of the map) and then the last survivor gets found and knocked down with NOED, so now I have an exit gate open right in front of me, and two team mates hooked on the opposite side of the map and a killer (I think it was Billy) with NOED up. What am I expected to do there? All I knew was that I had my daily ritual to do, and I wanted to get it done and over with so I left. Then as the game is ending, the person who got whacked by NOED tells me "######### you huff" and I just say, "What did I do?" and I get no response.

It's just like... I guess what I'm saying is from what I understand, this isn't a "team" game as much as it's just a "multiplayer" game and while it's nice and smart obviously to save people when you can, but it's not always easy. It's weird because when I go against survivors when I play killer, they're usually saying "sorry I couldn't save you" or something and get a reply like "It's ok" but when I play as a survivor, I get stupid crap like that story above: my team mates just flaming me because I made the mistake of wanting to escape while I'm the only one unhooked and the killer is boasting a NOED.