Vault cancelling/Other features

jynkkä
jynkkä Member Posts: 8
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Opinions? Would this feature bring any balance between survivors and a killer?

Comments

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

Could be interesting to see. if you are speaking of survivor, the only issue is that you don't typically use a medium vault much in a chase and a fast vault may look odd. A fake vault for a killer could be quite interesting too. Maybe an event you hold down, but releasing cancels? Not too sure what you had in mind. :)

• WakeMeUp9
    WakeMeUp9 Member Posts: 17

Well both sides can already fake vaults, but its more important for survs. Vault cancelling for either side would probably be messy/buggy and look weird

• jynkkä

Been thinking few other features also, for example doors you could slam to killers face ;D Killer could smash through them, just like pallets idk. We need more versatile ways to be creative with escaping the killer. What comes to vault cancelling, maybe to be able to cancel medium and slow vault only.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

I dont know how'd survivors cancel a fast vault, you cant change momentum midair.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

That would be kinda interesting, a pallet that turns into a breakable wall upon use basically (I am assuming you cant open the door after slamming it shut), meaning you cant use the door anymore to play around the tile, though I am not sure how to implement it on certain maps.

• jynkkä

How about lockpicking them open again if the killer didn't break the door ;)

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I'd Love a fake vaulting feature for killer and survivor.

It would make mind gaming much more interesting.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

I've always been behind ideas for more interaction. Pull downs that can stun/slow the killer but instantly shatter and are just one use. Fire barrels that can be kicked over for a partial blind. A few hiding spaces other than lockers. Sections of haybale/log areas where survivor OR killer can pull it down, but it permanently blocks the path instead of being breakable. There's been a lot of good ideas over the years.