You should run this perk/don't run that/why are you running that/maybe you should-

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022

No

No, I wont

I've been playing the game since 2017, I'm very familiar with the meta and what perks are considered better than others. Is my build the most optimal? probably not. Is it fun? yes. Is it useful? yes. So what's the problem?

I'm really sorry some of you are offended that I take perks that ya'll consider weird or weak or questionable but I don't seem to remember asking any of you your opinion on my build.

And before anyone says "oh, they're just trying to help you and make your build better and more refined", I'm good thanks. I know the difference between someone trying to help and someone being snarky and trying to find any reason to belittle you.

(had to get that off my chest)

Comments

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

People love to backseat game.

People ESPECIALLY love it when you're playing a certain role and doing something they don't approve of, because it interferes with them winning.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

What build are you running?

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    Options

Why are you running self care!?!?!?!?!?!?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

The way I see it in any game. Unless you paid for my copy of the game, you have zero influence over how I play.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Stop running Slug Builds, you're gonna get us killed.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

Hey OP we can't call you scum of the earth if you don't show us this "fun" build.

• TheOneTrueTristan
    TheOneTrueTristan Member Posts: 85
    Options

Bruh if you don't run Up the Ante RIGHT NOW I'm gonna lose it

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

i remember i had someone send me hate messages because i ran a plunders build on claudette... but, it was specifically because i ran it on claudette

i rlly dont understand people sometimes

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2020
    Options

I'm fine with people running whatever unless they throw on bloody No Mither and then complain the killer takes them as the easy target they are. If you want to run hard mode the perk atleast be good enough to run it.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I don't know the full context of what you experienced, but sometime I do give out some advice to players, but i generally do when i see a combination of perks/addons that outright doesn't work (unless i recognize it being an extreme so it was probably an intentional troll build) or when i see Killers' Power being used in the wrong way. I've always been lucky and people always understood they were actually a genuine suggestions. 👍️

At the same time hats off to you for trying some fun/peculiar build. I love to do it too and I can imagine some people might be a little annoyed, especially the most competitive ones.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

OP is not referring to someone giving genuine helpful suggestions, they are talking about players criticizing them for not running the perks that they feel the OP should be running. Some people are so blinded by what is considered meta, that they fail to see the value in other perks, and other playstyles.

• Bovinity
    edited May 2020
    Options

This is the only perk/addon build that will ever make survivors happy. (Just kidding, they still yelled.)

What? Of course I didn't post that just to find a way to brag. That's silly!

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

I'm so in agreement with you. That's why I will never post my perks, because I dont even wanna hear people ######### about it when they have no idea how my personal playstyle works. Kudos. Do you, friend.

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

Had a survivor tell me to replace fire up. I also had mad grit with me but that perk was aperantly okay

• A_Can_Of_Air
    Options

I despise flashlights and survivors seem to forget they can be found in chests, good ones as well. You can see that there aren't any in the lobby, or you forget to check, but there's always a chance someone could grab one in game and flashlight save with no warning. So what do I do? I run Lightborn, occasionally. I'll usually get criticised for running it when no one even had flashlights or the one guy who couldn't flashlight save raged at me and tried to mock me for bringing it when there was only one flashlight.

That's just one perk by the way, i have stories linked to lots of other niche perks that worked in my favour, and the survivors didn't like it.

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

I use lightborn on hillbilly i love the reactions of survivors who couldn't blind at every pallet.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Listen, if I see a killer running Monstrous Shrine, I'm going to inform him/her that the perk is useless (because it is). I see it as being courteous, like informing someone that the Wraith is bugged.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

Use the perks that are good for your playstyle. As long as you are useful, nearly everything goes.

But what I think is that certain perks create bad habits. (Looking at you UE, SC, D-Strike)

• A_Can_Of_Air
    Options

Trying to inform and recommend perks and builds to people or telling them that a certain thing isn't the best choice due to how weak it is, is fine, it's when people literally insult you for you perk choices, there is a difference. Although some people disguise an insult as being "helpful", it's not always easy to tell. I appreciate someone trying to help, I don't appreciate someone running a full meta build criticising what build I chose to run and using it as a source for pointless insults just because they're salty or just feel like being an ass.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Oh, yeah, insulting people for their perk choices is a dick move, I'm 100% with you on that.

• Bovinity
    Options
  • Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

Self-Care is the best killer perk.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    edited May 2020
    Options

I don't care what perks you run as long as you run perks if you are playing survivor. I don't understand people that run 1 or no perks. You don't have to play on a character to level him or her.

• Bovinity
    edited May 2020
    Options

I run no perks/addons all the time as killer just for giggles and to see how well I can do. (Also just to see if survivors still find an excuse to yell about post-game, which they do.)

It's actually surprising how many games end exactly how they probably would have anyway. Either the survivors are predictable and I get a 3k/hatch-4k, or they're extremely good and I get 0-1k. Which is basically how my games go when I'm running full perks.

Not saying perks aren't impactful by any means, of course. Just that a significant chunk of games are often decided for other reasons.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited May 2020
    Options

Can't really say that I agree. I actually learned to get better at surviving because someone pointed out my bad build.

It's not until now that I realize that though.

Understandably, it comes down to the wording, but honestly I've had many cases where people weren't trying to be rude in post match chat, but for some reason no matter how you word it, it is most of the time not received well.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

I should have clarified that I am referring to survivors only. I don't care if a killer runs perks or not. If a survivor doesn't, he/she is reducing the opportunities for the team to succeed.

• Bovinity
    Options

Ah, yes. Of course, that would just be dragging other people into your nonsense, which isn't fair. 😁

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

Wraiths bugged? I thought it was just hillbilly..? I've been playing wraith just fine for the past two days, whats the bug?