The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor frozen in place when vaulting

Atacus7
Atacus7 Member Posts: 29

Twice now, playing as survivor, when I'm about to vault a window, the game freezes me in place just before the vault animation starts leaving me completely vulnerable to the killer. This also happened once during escape, when I was at the threshold of crossing into safety, I was healed by the other survivors who then left, but I literally couldn't move. Killer came and hooked me. Amazing!

Comments

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

What Killer were you facing? I know the Doctor can deny vaults with his shocks

• ShortSeaLion
    ShortSeaLion Member Posts: 1

This happened to me maybe 15 minutes ago. I was playing against a Leatherface and tried to vault a window but I froze in place and couldn't move.

• Atacus7
    Atacus7 Member Posts: 29

I think this was an issue with my gaming controller. I was using a Playstation 4 controller on PC and a special driver I found online. This driver was causing all sorts of issues as well with my sound. I uninstalled it and now use a different controller made for PC. This issue has gone away for me.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I had this happen the other day when I'd been facecamped by a pig who was tunneling me without BT up; I went into the main building on Ironworks and tried to vault, but there was no option to do so and I was just stuck against the window.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

Soooo....

• Phynex
    Phynex Member Posts: 2

Friend had this happen mid game on lerys (top window main room) against a nemesis. He couldnt move at all, and when he was hooked he couldnt try to escape. We never got to test if unhook fixed it as we all died trying to fix him.

As you can see from the side (he is whip me nemesis) he is downed and still vaulting and he couldn't recover.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954