The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Devs, If it's not coming out today, can you at least confirm that we have to wait?

2»

Comments

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Might_Oakk said:
    9/11 amirite?

My favorite day

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Nope, just smaller TR and less noise when using her power. I just want new wraith and the infinites gone. 

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

@Might_Oakk said:
    9/11 amirite?

That would actually make sense, not releasing a DLC on a day like this.

• Puppetmaster
    Puppetmaster Member Posts: 6

It looks like a change was added yesterday to steam. https://steamdb.info/app/381210/depots/ but maybe they are just awaiting the approvel. Then it is steam who decides the release date and why no date can be confirmed

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

it's not fair that PC Players have to wait The Sony And Microsoft Certification

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    not_Queen said:

@HookedonDemand Soon is relative

Is there a reason you can't say if its today or not? There nothing worse when getting hyped up to be left hanging.  

Its better to be disappointed now and get over it than to be left hanging in the void. It just creates bad blood between the players and the devs 
  • Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    BraveClem said:

it's not fair that PC Players have to wait The Sony And Microsoft Certification

Life is unfair. Get over it and just wait because trust me, the time you’ll have to wait is way less than others have before.
  • Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Spiritbx said:
    not_Queen said:

Is there a reason you can't say if its today or not? There nothing worse when getting hyped up to be left hanging.  

Its better to be disappointed now and get over it than to be left hanging in the void. It just creates bad blood between the players and the devs 
    My guess is they are hoping to be able to bring it out as soon as possible, but don’t want to say anything in case it ends up being earlier/later. Should actually be quite ‘Soon’ however.
  • Wigs
    Wigs Member Posts: 9

@Spiritbx said:
    Is there a reason you can't say if its today or not?

I feel for her; it's pretty clear her hands are tied. The "Soon™" thing was out of touch but, bless them, who at Behavior isn't out of touch?

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Bravo0413 said:
    Justicar said:

Why are people so fixated on the idea that it should be coming out today? They NEVER at any point hinted at a release date.

Actually their wiki stated before the last stream that it was going to release today.. then Mcote stated on stream no confirmation and the date of release was switched but still speculated to be 9/11.............. so eat it

The wiki is a fansite, not an official Behaviour Studios site. No employees of Behaviour Studios are administrators there and they have no authority on this wiki to remove posts.

The wiki does not have any insider information. Never has, never will.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    As long as I’m not waiting a freaking month after PC release. I’m good.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@SovererignKing said:

Most of the community is fine with waiting to make sure everyone gets it at the same time. The only ones with issues are the trolls starting flame bait threads, conspiracies, and those that're impatient.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

Most of the community is fine with waiting to make sure everyone gets it at the same time. The only ones with issues are the trolls starting flame bait threads, conspiracies, and those that're impatient.

No we aren't. It's stupid to force anyone to wait longer than they have to for the update. PC should't be forced to wait an extra week or two just because consoles take a while to allow the updates. What they should do is make sure that consoles get the update in as little amount of time as possible.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    not_Queen said:

In the realm of the entity time doesn't exist.
  • TheHourMan
    Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

No we aren't. It's stupid to force anyone to wait longer than they have to for the update. PC should't be forced to wait an extra week or two just because consoles take a while to allow the updates. What they should do is make sure that consoles get the update in as little amount of time as possible.

Speak for yourself
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Wigs said:

@Spiritbx said:
    Is there a reason you can't say if
    its today or not?

I feel for her; it's pretty clear her hands are tied. The "Soon™" thing was out of touch but, bless them, who at Behavior isn't out of touch?

Lol I thought her response was fine.
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

"They're in a meeting"

But in all seriousness, I doubt that appearing unaccountable and unprofessional is what any of the stakeholders want, right? c_c

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Why cant people accept the fact that they have to wait? Just because a THEORIZED date was not right doesnt mean you can know when it comes out. Its been this way for all dlcs why would it change.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2018

@Global said:
    Why cant people accept the fact that they have to wait? Just because a THEORIZED date was not right doesnt mean you can know when it comes out. Its been this way for all dlcs why would it change.

###. I couldn't recall where I read that September 11th was to be the release date, but checked the dbd wiki, and they updated their release date to reflect that the date they have has not been confirmed. Really, we should be pissed at the people who make the wiki! Or just move on... lol
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@apropos said:

@Global said:

[BAD WORD]. I couldn't recall where I read that September 11th was to be the release date, but checked the dbd wiki, and they updated their release date to reflect that the date they have has not been confirmed. Really, we should be pissed at the people who make the wiki! Or just move on... lol

YEA ######### THE WIKI xD

• TheHourMan
    apropos said:

@Global said:

[BAD WORD]. I couldn't recall where I read that September 11th was to be the release date, but checked the dbd wiki, and they updated their release date to reflect that the date they have has not been confirmed. Really, we should be pissed at the people who make the wiki! Or just move on... lol

I don't think we should be pissed at anyone really. Let's just put the pitchforks down and move on. The wiki messed up. The devs aren't mad at them and we shouldnt be either. I think we can all agree that we love the game and many of you were disappointed that it wasn't today. And yeah, you may not agree with the method that BHVR used to tease rather than give conrete answers, but that is honestly a matter of opinion. It is not objectively wrong for them to do this. Some of us prefer it that way and others don't. There is no data to show that a majority felt one way or the oher, but the two most vocal crowds are the ones raging and the ones trying to calm them down, but the largest majority likely is just silent because they really don't care and didn't even know about the supposed 9/11 date. 

The dlc will come. Life moves on. I am excited to play the Spirit. I saved up 1 mil bp for her and I will be right there with all of you when it comes out. See you in the fogggg
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Chill out! How many people ######### all over the chapter and now you want to rage that you don't have the chance to buy it. The hypocrisy on thia forum is real.
  • powerbats

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

As a pc user I have no problem waiting for it to be done when it's ready. If I've got to wait an extra day r 2 or w/e for it to be ready for all platforms then so be it. It's not the end of the world, it's not BHVRs fault they're trying to be fair.

If you and the rest are so worried about how long it's taking then go buy a pc for all the console users and give BHVR the receipts so they can release it now.

• SovererignKing
    powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

Oh I agree. Honestly I don’t even mind if PC gets a week or so earlier than console. It lets me watch Tru3Ta1ent play against and with the new Killer and new perks on Survivor ect. It gives me me an idea on how to play and what to do so I’m not clueless. I don’t mind spoilers btw. 

I only complained with Huntress cause the release got botched even though it was supposed to be out. Then The Clown, a month was just excessive. 
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

As a pc user I have no problem waiting for it to be done when it's ready. If I've got to wait an extra day r 2 or w/e for it to be ready for all platforms then so be it. It's not the end of the world, it's not BHVRs fault they're trying to be fair.

If you and the rest are so worried about how long it's taking then go buy a pc for all the console users and give BHVR the receipts so they can release it now.

It's normally a week or two minimum for console updates to get approved. So that would mean purposely delaying the patch on pc for potentially two extra weeks for no other reason than dropping the updates at the same time. There's a reason you rarely see companies release things on pc and consoles at the same time.

• powerbats

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

It's normally a week or two minimum for console updates to get approved. So that would mean purposely delaying the patch on pc for potentially two extra weeks for no other reason than dropping the updates at the same time. There's a reason you rarely see companies release things on pc and consoles at the same time.

While true they may have already gotten most of the things set for console certification before the end of ptb. Since this time they don't have to deal with the store issues anymore and it's more of a straightforward patch. So it may still come out this week or go into next week which is why they don't have an eta since they've might've also ran into trouble.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@not_Queen said:
    Soon™

That’s our not_Queen.

• SovererignKing
    Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

Aye. I don’t mind a week or two. That’s to be expected, we have a lengthy certification process. 
  • EldritchElise87

Most people wouldn't mind waiting for a simultaneous release. But that's not the point, the point is they could just say this. A lot of bullshit could have been avoided yesterday and each day going forward by just saying. "Not today, up to 2 weeks" Not this soon crap.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

I doub they are waiting for any console certification because they said before that they will release as soon as it is ready. I do not see the point of having pc players waiting on us console players. 
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

It is today right ? RIGHT ?! It must be, there is no way it wouldn't..... My tea leafs told me so and the voices inside my head agree (for once, stupid voices...) ! :p

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@HookedonDemand said:
    It is today right ? RIGHT ?! It must be, there is no way it wouldn't..... My tea leafs told me so and the voices inside my head agree (for once, stupid voices...) ! :p

• EldritchElise87

@Iceman said:
    Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

I doub they are waiting for any console certification because they said before that they will release as soon as it is ready. I do not see the point of having pc players waiting on us console players. 

Because console players would raise a fuss like they did last time. Although a few days is acceptable, 5 weeks like with 2.0 is still unacceptable.

• HookedonDemand

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Iceman said:
    Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

Because console players would raise a fuss like they did last time. Although a few days is acceptable, 5 weeks like with 2.0 is still unacceptable.

I don't think it will be that long this time, no store update and such. Apparently that made it take so long.

• I do not know why people say that the information was given that the DLC will come out on September 11. Nowhere has such information been given by the creators. Everyone is waiting for a new DLC - me too. Why this toxicity? I think the creators are doing everything to make the DLC come out as fast as possible.

• HookedonDemand

@iammattofficial said:
    I do not know why people say that the information was given that the DLC will come out on September 11. Nowhere has such information been given by the creators. Everyone is waiting for a new DLC - me too. Why this toxicity? I think the creators are doing everything to make the DLC come out as fast as possible.

It's an internet forum.... What did you expect ? :p

• Alphatitan_94
    Alphatitan_94 Member Posts: 40

@not_Queen said:
    Soon™

Omg i found the elusive internet troll and shes a fiesty one

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Alphatitan_94 said:

@not_Queen said:
    Soon™

Omg i found the elusive internet troll and shes a fiesty one

What is so elusive about internet trolls? You can't walk 5 proverbial feet on the internet without tripping on one.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Iceman said:
    Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@Elegant said:

@powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

Clown STILL hasnt been released in korea apparently, kinda insane

• Alphatitan_94
    Alphatitan_94 Member Posts: 40

@Dreamnomad
    It was a joke besides i feel like the devs have heavily trolled us