Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do You Prefer Licensed Or Unlicensed DLC?

icemancat
icemancat Member Posts: 150

Do You Prefer Licensed Or Unlicensed DLC? 48 votes

I Prefer Licensed DLC
29%
FatelanceIhatelifeJotaCashelP14StrancolHertsuFINWalker_of_the_fog_96Cornpopers_EvanDigglyzireael_sourglobeMapersonlemage94Noire 14 votes
I Prefer Unlicensed DLC
70%
BossrhaFibijeanVolantConch1719Jacoby2041BabyCameron10Captain_SpauldingAven_FallenElikKeezoPassarinoTMrPenguinRaven014SunaIIanuDetailedDetrimentanonymous31337PlantCollectorSebaOutbreakPrettyFaceKateMysticMusician 34 votes

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

They have much more freedom with their own characters than they do with Licensed characters.

• Ghosty123
    Ghosty123 Member Posts: 23

I feel the unlicensed DLCs are more creative and allows the devs to make characters which fit into the game better rather than plopping a alien from a different dimension into the game

• Meowlancholy
    Meowlancholy Member Posts: 6

I love the original killers they come up with but I find the DLC killers to be more fun to play via their toolkits and perks.

• Pheonwings
    Pheonwings Member Posts: 21
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

I find the licensed characters are really cool I'd love to see Pennywise my only issue is the licenced characters is that they are very much limited to how they can look outfit wise they really don't have much. I HATE playing against scream cause 90% of the time they teabag lmao but it would be much funnier if they had the "WASSUP" mask.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    I Prefer Licensed DLC

No one can complain about the licensed characters, after all they were the ones who made the game much more famous than it would be with just og characters.

praise licensed pals!

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

They're both fine, but BHVR have been spot ######### on with their killers, you cant get a power & design like Oni's from a license

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    I Prefer Licensed DLC

I only prefer licensed because of the new people it brings to the game. I don't think behaviour do enough to advertise the game to people. Stuff like getting paid advertisements on YouTube or Twitch can make a big difference to bringing people to your game.

If it isn't a licensed chapter then no one really knows about it, outside of the dbd community.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC
    1. You can earn them in game.
    2. Many of their powers are actually powerful.
    3. Unlicensed have more freedom with perks/ideas.
    4. You can get cosmetics with Shards.

Half of my reasoning is because of how economical it is. If main-line DBD took a page from Mobiles book, and allowed Auric cells to be earned in game, half my complaints would go away (as you can earn licensed killers on mobile instead of just buying them).

Also, the designs. As much as Freddy or Myers is iconic, the designs for the original characters are way more memorable to me.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

I really like being able to see what ideas people can come up with and it also gets rid of the hassle of any "legal" stuff like being able to have extra cosmetics. I do love Freddy though

• Diggly
    Diggly Member Posts: 112
    I Prefer Licensed DLC

As much as I love originals like Wraith, Legion, and Oni, as a massive horror movie fan being able to play as and fight some of my favorite characters makes a huge impact on me. I only wish we could get more cosmetics on some of them, even if it's not likely

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158
    I Prefer Licensed DLC

Licensed killers are the only reason why I bought this game

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

I don't really care as long as they have a power I like. But generally I think original characters are more likely to have that so I prefer those

• Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 73
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

I like the intriguing new stories the devs come up with with each of their original killers and their powers never fail to be unique or interesting in my opinion. Plague or Hag have to be my favorite of their unlicensed killers and I can't wait to see their archive stories and cosmetics ^^

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

Honestly while I love a lot of horror movies. I like the unlicensed because usually their powers are much better, and the stories are really good. But maybe it's just cause I like a lot of original stories.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

Overall, I've seen better things come out of unlicensed DLC. Also, if you grind enough, you can get them with shards.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    I Prefer Unlicensed DLC

Completely new characters where they can imagine whatever, no restrictions on cosmetics & lore, a completely fresh feeling instead of just hitting the nostalgia button...

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

I like it when BHVR gets creative with it. I like seeing new things and i'm all about creativity and something new.