Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which non-meta Perks do you use regularly?

Hippie
Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Hi fellow gamers! I'm actually very curious as to what perks people use regularly that are non-meta. I myself enjoy using Lightweight in nearly every game I play, as I've been using it since I first started playing the game and have actually found it to be useful even in red ranks! And I love using Lucky Break as well!

I just want to know what perks you all use regularly (Killer and Survivor) that aren't part of the meta!

Here is a list of the perks that I have seen the most in my games that I would call meta (I know that many of you are already aware of what the meta perks are, but I just wanted to make a list to ensure that everyone knows!):

• Killer: Corrupt Intervention, Hex: Ruin, Barbeque and Chili, Infectious Fright, Nurse's Calling, Discordance, Hex: No One Escapes Death, Monitor and Abuse, Pop Goes the Weasel, Save the Best for Last, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Whispers
  • Survivor: Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Head On, Inner Strength, Iron Will, Kindred, Lithe, Prove Thyself, Self-Care, Spine Chill, Sprint Burst, Unbreakable, Urban Evasion

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all consider "essential" to your builds that isn't part of the meta! And discussion about why you think certain perks aren't usable is welcome as well! (except for obvious ones like This Is Not Happening.... hehe) šŸ˜

Ā«1

Comments

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Killer - Surge and Blood Echo.

Survivor - Babysitter, Red Herring, Pharmacy, Ace In The Hole, Any Means Necessary, Better Together, Technician, Wake Up, Flip-Flop.

I stopped running meta months ago. I now find games much more enjoyable.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Well I wanted to say Kindred because I didnā€™t think it is said to be Meta but apparently it is (?).

Well then I usually bring We will make it, and mostly can bring it to use often in matches. If I have a ā€žOpen exit gateā€œ-daily, I will bring Wake Up! and itā€˜s actually quite nice to have for the aura revealing sometimes.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
  • Hippie

I said Kindred because I see it quite often in my games on both sides, and it's usefulness is quite apparent so it's no surprise that many solo Survivors run it (including myself!)

I always like to compliment the Wake Up! users in my games, so I'm glad to see someone who truly appreciates it! šŸ˜

• DapperPickle
    DapperPickle Member Posts: 13

I'm All Ears is amazing on basically all the killers, especially nurse, and I regularly run it on my Demo

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I like to use Distortion and We're Gonna Live forever a lot as Survivor.

As a Killer Dark Devotion and Rancor. Really fun, especially Rancor on Stealth Killers šŸ˜

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

Aftercare, it is super underrated. Canā€™t go a game without it. I have seen a few people use it and can give off a lot of information to you and other players. I would love to see it get a slight buff to where you get a healing speed increase on survivors who are affected by the perk, would be an even better perk for solo players.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

I haven't been using it lately, but Wake Up! was a personal favorite for a while.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Brutal strength, enduring, spies from the shadows, pwyf, discordance, quick and quiet, resilience, hope

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

Killer:

If there are 3 or more items in the lobby, i take Franklin's Demise with me. It's sooo useful, not because of the damage it does to the items, but because survivors will go hundreds of miles only for getting back their flashlights and medikits. It costs them time, and if they leave it behind they can't heal alone/ blind you/ repair faster. Before, i was dodging most lobbys with stuff like 4 flashlights, now i just take FD and annoy them back.

Enduring+Spirit Fury, although not regularly, comes to use from time to time. Good survivors will drop pallets early if they notice it, but it gives you 1-3 free hits in a game usually.

Surv:

Stake Out is cool since i play stealthy, it helps you doing objectives faster since i can't hit perfect skill checks regularly with my relatively low FPS.

Bond replaced Self-care for me mostly, it's so much more useful.

Small Game is cool and i use it from time to time, since NOED is a thing and Devour Hope or Ruin isn't that rare. And of course for the points.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230
    edited May 2020

Fixated, inner strength, camaraderie, basically every single perk from stranger things chapter depending on my playstyle for the session. And any means necessary aswell. For killer i dont use many perks because i level survivors for teachables first. But i use meta perks on killers

also no one left behind is fun to use, and so is the jesus perk that connects you and someone else

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I use resilience, very strong for gens.

I think Fixated aint strong cause it doesn't work when injured... :3

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

As killer, I got a full meta perk build.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I came on to say inner strength since it's not the meta in all honestly but I can't even think straight right now.

Just seeing self care and urban evasion in the meta list just burns my soul.. one team will now get an ebony mori because of this lol

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Cruel limits on nurse and Billy

Dance with me + quick and quiet for survivors

• Hippie

I had to put Urban Evasion and Self-Care on there just because of how many people USE THEM in my games.... in red ranks too.... and when your entire team gets wiped and you see the UE + SC combo in use on at least 2 of your teammates, all hope is lost.

I myself don't even have Self-Care unlocked and I never use Urban Evasion because.... yuck. šŸ˜¤

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    edited May 2020

Enduring, fire up, brutal strength (Lightborn if they have a flashlight, seriously, its so much more useful than blind resistance, if they dont get the message, youll get a hit because they are to damn dumb to stop blinding) because i absolutely love anti pallet builds and dont have spirit fury

I think the only nonmeta on survivor is occasionally stake out for easy great sc's. I never use UE anymore but always use selfcare because i got tired of going unhealed because my team can only think GEN GEN GEN GEN

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Well thank you for never using them. More people like you need to stand up against those perks lol however it still really hurt me seeing them in the meta section. Honestly this hurt me more than seeing the Thierry Henry hand ball goal count in the qualifiers for the World Cup..

So a team will still get moried tomorrow.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited May 2020

Windows of opportunity is actually so good. You don't have to go to a tile to find out someone already used the pallet and go down. I use it all the time.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

surge and tremors on killer

Run perkless on survior

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Resilience - awesome speed boost to everything. I actually try to get hit so I can get the speed boost. šŸ˜‚

Premonition - Let's me know direction of killer, wicked helpful if they're camping someone with Insidious or stealth. Also the sound to alert me helps out when I get the no HUD glitch.

Tenacity - lose alot of killers before they can pick me up, don't have to choose between crawling or recovering.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Stridor on Nurse is really nice. It helps me not only keep track of survivors during fatigue but makes it alot easier to find people outside of chases. I see alot of Nurses run shadowborn to keep track of the survivors but stridor is just better in every way for me. For survior I love running empathy because it basically lets you know when it's safe to be working on gens because you can tell if someone's being chased and I usually play solo. Also Plunderer's because I love being able to find rare items and if i find a flashlight i can save people with the help of empathy.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

While i use perks not on that meta list, i don't think i use many of the same ones on a regular basis, though I'm sure that i am just not remembering some.

Killer: Franklin's Demise comes to mind. Only choose it when i see a lot of flashlights and/or keys.

Survivor: Small Game. Great for finding totems to for inner strength and to help prevent NOED. Bonus for when going against killers with traps.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

I like dark devotion on doctor.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

WGLF because I find myself earning more BP from not surviving with at least 2 WGLF stacks than surviving without any WGLF stack.

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

My favourite perk for killer is Surveillance. Especially if one or more survivors have been killed, it makes it so much harder for the rest to try and sneakily finish a gen. That, and the fact that without it I feel like I'm simply wasting my time kicking any generators.

On survivor I've been running Empathy a lot. It's great for tracking the killer from the moment they injure a teammate and throughout the following chase.

• VentingSylar
    VentingSylar Member Posts: 177

Any means necessary. It needs buffs. I've suggested an improvement but so far it has been ignored.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

For the People.

In red ranks, Killers aren't picking up Decisive and the meta is turning into slugging. But in solo queue you have to run an Obsession perk, since games with no Obsession pretty much result in an auto-loss due to tunneling out an early kill.

For the People is fun when it works, counters slugging and creates an Obsession so the Killer has to play around DS. That's why its a must-have in my builds.

• Hippie

I actually never thought about using For the People for an Obsession! I've been using DS just to keep away the tunnellers since less people have been running Obsession perks on my games lately, and I would love to have something more useful like FtP.

• GoddamnBananas
    GoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54

I don't know if it counts as meta or not, but I pretty much always run Bond. The information it provides is just so useful so often.

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260

I'm All Ears on killer and Empathy for survivor. Helps provide info and gives me extra points when i wanna heal someone

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Yeah its a really cool option with tons of playmaking. It's high risk and high reward. Doesn't always work out, but when it does its priceless.

Way more interesting to run than Decisive for sure.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Survivor: Were Gonna Live Forever and Aftercare

Killer: Dark Devotion.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited May 2020

Resilience, inner strength, small game, alert

(rank 1)

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Windows of Opportunity, because i can't be bothered to remember window placements and other things....

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I use leader pretty often. Especially at exit Gates those 25% can come in pretty handy.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Autodidact because one day it will work and be cool... eventually... please rngsus.

• Diggly
    Diggly Member Posts: 112

I have plenty!

Killer -

Remember Me, I have won many games entirely on this one perk. If you find yourself in situations where the obsession is dead, and only 1 or 2 survivors are left the 16 extra seconds it takes to get that gate open can feel like an absolute eternity. It makes patrolling gates easier, even more so if you are a high mobility killer like The Hillbilly.

BloodHound, if paired with sloppy butcher it can make tracking so much easier, it can be incredibly good on Ghostface and people sleep on the perk often as it is incredibly niche

Third Seal, probably the worst hex perk to be entirely honest as blindness is kinda underdeveloped, but I have had some great moments with it. Fairly recently I was playing a round as Freddy with it against a streamer. The streamer proceeded to whine and complain about the perk proclaiming it to be an 'Op perk only used by noob killers'. It was a funny moment that keeps the perk hopping into my builds.

Survivor-

Small Game, I am a total BP ######### and I love eating bones, so I often run this, the added benefit of countering basically every hex perk ranging from Devour Hope, ruin, and the dreaded NOED. It also counters Trapper very well, as well as Hag and Pallet Freddy. I adore this perk and believe it should become a Staple for Solo Survivor alongside Kindred, since everybody seems to hate NOED so much.

Wake Up, I have gotten out entirely based on this perk many times, paired with resilience it makes opening that exit gate an utter breeze, and despite playing for years I still find myself losing the exit gate, so this has guided me with it many times.

Pharmacy, showing my Quentin bias, but green medkits are great with their speed of healing, plus that increased speed opening chests is a massive QoL buff and it pairs great with any and all chest related perks.

• zireael_
    zireael_ Member Posts: 25

Enduring & Resilience weren't on your lists, fun perks imo.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395
    • Surv: Sabotage: it trolls, Bond cuz is the top 1 perk although not considered meta, Head on: it trolls, Breakout: it trolls
    • Killer: Blood Warden: it trolls, Franklin's Demise: it trolls, Lightborn: can't get trolled, Iron Grasp: can't get trolled/bobyblocked
  • Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

New sabotage is kinda fun when you get that one chance to save a person. I ran it for a while. One thing that totally sucks about it though is that if you tap M1 for even a moment under a hook the full cooldown is triggered and you are left with a dead slot. Feelsbadman.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020

Killers: Unnerving Presence (Doctor), Overcharge (Doctor), Dying Light (Plague), Thrilling Tremors (Freddy), and Surveillance (Freddy).

Survivor: Botany Knowledge (Claudette and David)

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

vigil. I manage to use sprint burst twice in a chase with this perk. Its difficult to pull off but very satisfying

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Killer: Mad Grit, Play With Your Food, Blood Warden, Dark Devotion

Survivor: Red Herring, For The People, Poised, Second Chance

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Make Your Choice has been gaining my love more and more over the past 6 months.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Detectives Hunch (default perk for me):

• awesome on indoor maps
    • makes finding hex totems pretty easy and very efficient
    • synergies with Inner Strenght

Windows of Opportunities (sometimes) (with Open Handed and prob. other aura reading perks:

• is good on spots where you can't know if theres a pallet
    • is good for avoiding dead zones and places where pallets already got used
    • is good for planning a chase in advance

Ace in the hole (rare):

• works fully without plunderers when you know chest spawns or run Detectives Hunch
    • can change the outcome of the game

** I prefer running pharmacy with Aith when I run a shiny coin so I don't waste too much time while also having at least one strong item

Up the Ante (very rare) on Ace for the memes and the fun

And from time to time some special builds depending on how i feel, like Mettle of Men, Break out, Saboteur, Botany Knowledge with a Ranger Medkit with maximum charges.

So I am only running 1 non-meta perk by default and that's Detectives. When i started running it I did it because of noed. But apprently it fixes some solo q issues (finding hex perks, 3 gens, indoor map issues) so I enjoy running it :)

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Yea I also running from time to time obession-things like a key with a wedding ring. Just so that theres an obsession. Like you said killer tend to tunnel straight away when they realize that heres no obession at all. (me too :p)

• Hippie

Yeah, I just included all of the perks that I see the most in my games! I do see those perks occasionally but not as often as the ones on my list, so I might have incorrectly labelled them as "meta" but that's all I could think of to call them!