Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why did the entity influence Kate to play her theme???

candyman
candyman Member Posts: 13

As you all might be aware In the new archive’s Kate lore it talks about how the entity influenced Kate to play that theme but why what’s so important about Kate that the entity has her play it any theory’s

Comments

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Kate is a singer. It's specified in her lore, that she sings to put smiles on people's faces. In other words: she is able to influence people with her talent. If Entity managed to corrupt her and her vision, it could inderectly affect more people. As we know, Entity tends to crave madness, suffering and other depressional stuff.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

The Entity seems to pick Killers and Survivors based on their aptitude for, well... It's in the name. All of the Survivors have some kind of inner strength that keeps them going, in Kate's case it appears to be a sense of responsibility to keep everyone else's spirits high. That resistance equals more hope which means those people represent more "food" for The Entity. Kate inspiring all the other Survivors with warm fuzzies might well be doing more harm than good, honestly.

As for why The Entity decided to influence Kate to play on her guitar, it was presumably the best way to nab her. In my head I've always imagined Kate's abduction being in broad daylight with her not being lost in the slightest, which is unusual conditions for The Entity to grab someone (usually at the dead of night when they're lost in fog/forest) so it makes sense that it might rely on an aid like a magical melody in this instance.

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Kate was abducted while alone in the woods, though it was in broad daylight.

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81

The Entity has its whispers and can meddle with people's minds, corrupting their sanity, like it did with Rin's dad. Maybe Kate was as sensitive as talented and noticed this, or the Entity was deliberately getting to her. Kate is very mentally powerful according to her bio and Benedict's description. Make me wonder if there exists one universe where Kate, lured by this dark melody, now kills for the Entity.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I don't necessarily think that's the case I think there's typically something that links all the survivors together reason why The Entity specifically chose them.

When it comes to Killers we know they're responsible for great tragedies or at least if not responsible a key player in them.

Killing sprees, massacres, the right murder at the right time.

However it seems weird that it pick these specific survivors. For example in the case of Adam and Yui they were taken in situations where there were a few number of people around Yui was in the middle of a race and Adam was in a train wreck.

So an intriguing question gets brought up why bring the specific survivors why did it bring Adam and Yui why not another person in the race or in the train crash.

In the case of the Legion we know that The Entity is capable of taking multiple individual people at once and bringing them into the it's realm individually Frank Joey Susie and Julie are all working as individual Killers under the same title of legion.

Let's focus on Adam specifically we know what the time was his abduction he was shielding a woman from being hit by debris so why not take both him and that woman in very close proximity just like with the legion unlike the Joey Susie and Julie it wasn't a separated delayed abduction. Adam who was directly in contact with the woman you'd think she would get carried along as a unintended hitchhiker.

I like the idea that there is something about the survivors that make them prime targets for The Entity and The Entity is able to take them and only them. This could also mean that The Entity has spent time stalking the other survivors like it did with Kate only erasing the memory of its previous encounters until it abducted them.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

thats probably what the entity was trying to do, make her fall to madness and thats probably how the killers came to be, the entity filled these thoughts in their heads and eventually they became what they are today.

• MerGirl2003
    MerGirl2003 Member Posts: 110

Damn, now I really want an alternate reality version of Kate as a killer.

• Crackgear
    Crackgear Member Posts: 279

Maybe they would who knows? If the entity can bring in anyone and anything , pretty sure there could be an alternate reality killer of the survivor.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2020

The entity messes with artists in a similar way to Cthulu during his awakening. They make twisted creations in its honor, from Suzie's and Trapper's grin masks, to warped melodies, like Frank's Mixtape and Kate's guitar playing.

This is why I think Kate created the survivor theme that one hears in the menu. And that Frank's Mixtape holds the Legion theme.

We have not seen much of Jane's art, but based off of the Trapper masks and Deathslinger inventions, we can assume that any creation of an artist is corrupted when the entity has interest in them, or their potential.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The thing that links survivors together is their immense capacity for hope. That is what the Entity is ultimately interested in.

However, the methods for meeting the entity are very, very different. Going to a place of Tragedy, being alone in the woods, or being directly taken... the methods are definitely very different.