Killers choosing to use Freddy and Spirit or NOED is no different to Survivors running meta builds

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022

And rushing the objective because it's the most effective thing to do...

Or communicating in SWF because...why skip out on the advantage?

The hypocrisy is ripe in this community and I can't stand it at times. You can villainise a Killer all you want for running NOED on Freddy but when you yourself are doing the most optimal thing a survivor can do? You look dumb. You act as if you yourself are not also using all the tools at your disposal to defeat the Killer and leave. We are in a situation right now where BOTH sides "usually" take or use the best stuff they can in order to win, because...why the hell wouldn't you. The game is completive in nature.

Trying to shame one side or the other for running something because it's meta is ######### ridiculous and people seem to not be able to step back, look at the bigger picture and go...

"wait, we're both the same".....because we are.

If you criticise a Killer for running NOED on Spirit, remove DS, BT, Adrenaline and Unbreakable from your loadout, and before you say "BuT NOED iS brOKen aNd yOU cAN't ComPAIRe tHOsE ThiNGs-"

Irrelevant, regardless of how overpowered or balanced something is, people WILL use it, why? because it's strong and it gives them an advantage.

The hypocrisy is real.

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Noed isnt even good on freddy and spirit unless your a rank 20

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    edited May 2020
    Options

there are so many perks to use on spirit and freddy that are better tho...

besides, noed is fine

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149
    Options

Okay but why torture the survivors for using a meta build ? Every single killer I play against uses a meta build and you're gonna make the match miserable because we're using a meta build but if you use a meta build it's okay ? I personally don't care if I go against a normal Freddy or a Spirit with Noed, but why make the game miserable for the other side ? That's just not very nice to make the match boring on the other side even though you're using a meta build as a killer too.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

I got your point. Just mentioning that noed isnt good on freddyor spirit

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

Did you see otzs facecamping noed bubba where hed get at least 3ks everygame?

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

Because he's not good enough to compete with the other side, so he rather use advantages instead of developing better skill.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    Options

Are we talking about Killers who are mean to survivors for no reason? because if so, that has nothing to do with my point and that's a discussion that happens on the daily. People can be #########, regardless of what the meta is or what they use. survivors and killers can both be #########.

I'm talking about degrading and insulting someone for using the best items and gear they have available to them, when you yourself (generally speaking) do the same.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I haven't seen NOED on Freddy in ages.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

youre talking about a person who streams dbd 24/7. On a killer who makes saving a certain survivor literally impossible if they facecamp

generally, noed is fine because the people who use it don't know how to play the game at all. Its a boring perk and a lot of good players dont run it because they don’t wanna play a match with 3 perks (to which, the match will probably end before gens are finished, anyway)

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

I get bm'd in post match all the time for using the good ole doc but when i look at their build they have ds,iron,unbreakable,sb(or at least 2 meta perks)

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

While yes otz plays a lot this combo can be done pretty much by anyone since gl saving against a facecamping bubba. Either noed needs a nerf so it doesnt synergize with facecamping or facecamping needs another nerf. (Or we can get that wildly suggested bubba rework finally).

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Not at all, I play Spirit because I find the Japanese schoolgirl archetype cute. Don't lump all of us Spirit mains as those degenerate meta players.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

There are a lot of things to unpack here. But the biggest one is that the best player is the one that uses the most advantages.

So if camping literally guaranteed a 4k (it doesn't) then you would expect the best player to be a camper.

If he's REALLY "not good enough to compete with the other side" then that means he's losing. So if he's not losing and he's not cheating then whatever he is doing MUST be an example of good play, or at least better than the Survivors he's facing.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

A good killer doesn't use meta builds to routinely 4k survivors though. If an average killer want to run it once in a while, ok that's fine. My survivor build is far from meta, but I still do fairly well overall. I don't want to use overpowered builds, because that's just not something I want to do.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

"You won, but what you did takes no skill, so you're bad!" is a pretty common scrub-mentality comment. Essentially, people start inventing their own definitions of skill in their mind, and only things that fit that definition are truly "skillful" to them.

It's why newer fighting game players fixate heavily on flashy combos and then say that their opponent was "boring" and "not fun" and "had no skill" when their opponents win by blocking and using simple, well-spaced normals. (Boring, not fun, no skill...sound familiar?)

It's why a lack of matchmaking is the real plague in the game. Casual Billy who just wants to mess around and farm BP and "have fun" can't just play with other Casual Billy players, he keeps getting matched against Joe Hardcore who is playing Spirit and can hear a mosquito fart in the wind.

Hardcore Joe is upset by a lack of challenge in the match, and Casual Billy is upset that Hardcore Joe "didn't let him play" which is "boring" and that "tunneling" him when he left eight miles of scratch marks "took no skill".

It's a classic conflict that exists in Every. Single. Player. Versus. Player. Game. Ever. (And other game types, honestly)

Usually it's largely diminished by ensuring that Casual Billy gets to play with other Casual Billy types, and Hardcore Joe gets to play against other Hardcore Joes. But not here. They're just all thrown into a bucket and shaken up until five players fall out.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

I mean... this game DOES have matchmaking. It just doesn't have any differentiation between ranked and non-ranked.

Everything else I 100% agree.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Well yes...it technically has matchmaking in the sense that I can technically make a boat out of paper, but neither are particularly effective. 😁

If know they're working on it, though. So hey.