The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What are the "Fair Killers?"

Okay, so after trolling threads and stuff I have another mindracking question.

WHAT IS CONSIDERED A FAIR KILLER?!

Freddy is OP cause of teleport and somehow his lunge range even though it is the same as other killers?? (and traps sometimes?)

Legion is OP because he is annoying to play against i guess?

Nurse is OP because of Blinks

Spirit is OP because survivors cant see her when shes using her limited power?

Clown is OP (Seen a couple of threads) because of movespeed but it seems because he walks weird.

Deathslinger is OP cause he is a 360 scoper and annoying to play against.

Wraith is OP because invisibility is hard to deal with.

Huntress is OP because iri heads And she can throw hatchets period.

Hag is OP cause teleport and traps.

Myers is OP cause tombstone and i dont remember the other addon for infa T3

Hillbilly is OP cause chainsaw

Leatherface is OP cause of insidious chainsaw.

Ghostface OP cause of bugged peaking and tbagging

So if im right that leaves Oni, Demogorgon, Trapper, Plague, Pig.

TLDR: What killers are "Fair" to play in matches According to the forums!? (I play whoever I want whenever I want CAUSE THATS HOW I ROLL)

Comments

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
  • Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

To many, they get confused between fair and fun. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's unfair.

Then there are others who are entitled to their side and won't see it any other way regardless of any info provided.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

@SquirrelKnight How is Oni fair? You can play terrible and still 4k at the end with his power + infectious fright! BROKEN!

btw.: I would like to thank all the staff who worked on this killer. I love you all!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

It's not the killer that's the problem, it's how they're used.

Like, seriously. Rubbing against someone with a chainsaw is just unfair and unfun. And saying that I'm "out of position" is just bullsh*t. Holding a chainsaw for THAT LONG isn't any measure of skill or error.

Same goes for Hags who trap-camp. It's LAZY and dumb.

So, yeah. All killers are fair base, but certain add-ons and perk combinations just make them stupid to go against.

• CHED1
    CHED1 Member Posts: 31

I need to see these threads saying clown’s OP, I just need to.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707

Oni has a superpower snowball that can't be stopped so he's a stronger Billy by far. Pig has the stupid head traps that always take four boxes to get off giving her free kills. Plague has the strongest power in the game so you are either always one shot or you get 2 shot in the time it'd take to one shot, Trapper can camp basement stupidly good and has traps at every loop making them all useless.

Demo is a good boi though. He is bestest boi and should be cherished and protected forever. Always be sure to give the good boi pets if given the chance.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

If you aren't near a single pallet or vault and a chainsaw killer gets up right beside you then no it's not bullsh*t you are way out of ######### position and you deserved to be downed

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

all killers are fair. sorted

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

How is Plague considered a fair killer? You can vomit on them and make them and then one shot down them.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    edited May 2020

Trapper, clown, oni, plague, deathslinger, nurse, spirit, wraith, billy, myers, ghostface, pig, huntress, leather face, hag, doc and demo are all fair

Only unfair killer is freddy imo.

And please stop exaggerating. No ones out here calling wraith and clown op unless there a rank 20

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257

Lots of the majorly “unfair” considered killers are the ones that are strong that require no brain(Freddy and Spirit), if the really good killers required lots of skill like nurse I don’t think this type of whining would be a problem

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

"Clown is OP (Seen a couple of threads) because of movespeed but it seems because he walks weird."

Those threads are bait

• PigMainClaudette

Oh, but I was. And they still held the chainsaw. All around the place.

They could have downed me 3 times over with the hammer but no.

Do not start with me on this. It will not end well for either of us.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,270

I wanna know which killer is "fun" because I keep having people telling me various killers are "boring", lol.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Even then they can't fix that. Freddy while you're awake is the most barebones M1 Killer you can possibly imagine. But he has the most complaints out of all of them right now.

• DelsKibara

Fun is subjective, which is why that is never something you should consider when balancing your game. People will have fun against strong killers, some people won't, and that's just the nature of the game. That's how it is, and to change something because some people feel something is boring is unfair to the people who do find that something fun.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    edited May 2020

I personally think any killer can be played fairly.

The most unfun things about the game tend to be addons, offerings, or play style.

Any killer can make the game a challenging yet fun time. Some just choose not to.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

That depends on how many killers you understand lol..those people have shown they dont even know how the killer works

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020

None of them.

1. Trapper is OP because I don’t know where his traps are at and they’re a free hook for him.
    2. Plague is OP because she can turn into a 115% Huntress and make everyone broken in a few seconds.
    3. Demogorgon is OP because of its teleportation, Undetectable, and Shred range.
    4. Oni is OP because Blood Fury.
    5. Pig is OP because I can’t see her coming and her traps are too hard to get off. Also, they can kill you!
    6. Doctor is OP because he can always find me and stop vaults and pallet drops.

Every Killer should be nerfed into the ground.

Being serious, it’s good that you play whoever you want and ignore the whining.

• DelsKibara

Not necessarily OP, but I have seen complaints that his power is disorienting and hard to avoid if the Clown is good.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

The only one that could be considered unfair is spirit, but not in the sense of whether or not she is op, it’s more of the survivor/killer interaction where she is unfair

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

This will be a battle that you will most likely never win.

Everyone has a killer that they are weaker against, or maybe generally dislike vsing (and I don't mean because they don't know how to play against them.)

But a lot of people here will look into asking for the character, or the perks associated to be changed.

That being said, there are obviously going to be factors that need looking into and that is down to personal opinion.

There is just so much feedback from different points of view that it makes it difficult to see what should be done.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

My encounter with a finger-wielding, tunnel-mori clown begs to differ. 🤡

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

those that can be looped easily cause they are m1 killers like wraith for example.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

I find almost every killer fun except freddy, clown, deathslinger and trapper.

There all extremly boring to play against, dosent mean there op its just not fun to go against them

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    edited May 2020

Yeah a good case in point about it being subjective, fun that is. Well look at spirit. Some people don't find her fun to go against. Yet i find her fun to go against. Clearly the people who don't find going against spirit fun and i who finds going against spirit fun, have different meanings of the term fun. If we were to base it on how much fun or lack there of, people had in general against spirit. Well it would simply turn into a shouting match of whoever is the loudest. Which someone being loud, doesn't mean they are right. Leading to balance choices base on fun, being a rather poor idea.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    edited May 2020

Knew i forgot ppl.

Also as far as clown and wraith were concerned, i brought them up cause usually the issue is more how they look doing stuff than themselves

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

Trapper is fair as long as he doesn't use his traps.

• orangegoblin
    orangegoblin Member Posts: 120
    edited May 2020

Hag... Trap Camp?! What?... You mean placing a trap at the hook? The best way to find a new survivor? Keeping valuable pressure up? Getting a free slug if the injured doesn't get body blocked by the unhooker? I had a game as hag with 2 Yui OoOs, a bearded blue dwight with OoO, and a Blendette, 2 Decisive Strikes, 2 unbreakables, 2 BTs, one of them did that machine gun flashlight click thing, they ran through the traps at the right distance to prevent a hit, they tried the gen in your face sprint burst/sabo bully shenanigans.

You know what happened? The gens still got done, there was 3 of them that did near absolute jack, and the gens still got done, I had that whole team injured and "pressured" throughout the whole match, and those things still popped like pop-rocks, I killed them all, let the entity take the Blendette because the hooks near the gate were used for the others. The only reason I won that game at the end with 3 damn OoOs was because I placed a trap at hooks. Most stressful game of my life, got the 4k, and you know what else I got? Brutal killer. Because I looked at the time and the game lasted about 7 minutes. Gens done, hatch and gates closed and I got brutal killer for fighting through the dongs and slapping 3 Yui on some hooks and letting the Entity have his Blendy. Those survivors were probably laughing their asses off the whole time while I was sitting behind a screen shaking with murderous anxiety like a stressed out ravenous old hag that was let out of a basement for the first time in years (pun absolutely intended)

Post edited by orangegoblin on
  • PigMainClaudette

I mean when people place 3 at someone's feet.

As a solo player, it sucks to go against. There is NOTHING you can do, especially because having 3 OoO is extremely rare and just unlucky.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Uninstalling the game is the best way to play killer, that's what survivor mains say.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Its a game about playing a psycho killer and sacrificing survivors. I must have missed the word 'Fair' in there. All killers are fair played anyway.

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I think most of the time a killer is considered to be fair, if the win rate against him is pretty high. I don't know numbers, maybe 80%?

In my opinion fair and fun gameplays are made by the players on both sides and not their characters.

Honestly I must add that an absolutly fair gameplay of a killer will make him lost most of the games. Think about someone gets unhooked and you don't see the person who unhooked him. What do you wanna do? Run around the map and search again someone? You will pay for this with at least 1 generator or maybe the whole match. So, if you unhook someone help him not to become the first target again. That's my opinion.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I think pig is the only killer I haven't seen referred to as OP, although someone probably has.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

i think you have to give some definition of fair/balanced.

You would have to look at the killers without loadout and only focus on their basekit. Then try to compare even though its really difficult because of the individual killer abilitys. But you can come up with some semi true generalizations like 115% mov > 110%. small TR > big TR. Small character model > big one. Then maybe try to look at every ability with their up and downside. E.g. spirit phasewalk: no collision, fast movement speed, only scatchmarks visible, etc.

If you done all that I think you can have an idea of which killers are fundamentally stronger than others.

And if you take addons and perks into the consideration it gets messed up af. xD

Long story short, imo a fair killer is not only determined by his basekit or loadout. Its also about playstyle. Everyone has their own definition of fair and whats "op". The problem is you can shift the fairness of a match quite easily. For example, if you consider ghostface fair on shelter woods, with some meta perks and not playing "scummy", maybe he feels unfair for you on hawkins with a slugging build. You cant generalize something subjective like fairness in a game with a huge amount of things that can change the whole game/killer/survivor

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I can't hear the survivors calling me OP over my Mori spam!

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

It's the player beeing "fair", not the killer he/she picks.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153

Are those killers OP? No

Are some of them boring and/or uninteractive to go against? Yes

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

I want you to mori me. It's not a matter of "daddy". Please, if i was you, i would mori myself at the spot. When you play games such as mk 11, you start to realize moris are a fun addition to spice up the game. Unless you're playing wraith, in which case you wasted your bloodpoints for a trash mori and every other survivors time. It's incredible how many people don't enjoy moris as a survivor. Seriously, i encourage survivors to just enjoy getting mutilated or choked or stabbed or your tongue ripped, or your picture taken with Ghostface.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

This might shock some people on these forums but not every single opinion posted here or typed in game chat needs to be acknowledged. People act like just because some random person said one time (or even a handful of times) that the killer they play is boring or Wraith is BS because he's invisible, that that is a serious opinion that has weight to it and needs to be addressed. People say dumb ######### all the time. Filter it out. And definitely stop coming to the forums and pretending it's some widespread opinion that you must argue against and is an example of how entitled survivors or killers are.

A couple weeks ago somebody messaged me after a match and said my uncle must be my dad. I just responded "lol." I think maybe it was because I didn't run across the map to save him during EGC but tbh I don't care. Something I did or didn't do triggered him and he got frustrated and lashed out. Am I going to come to the forum and share my play by play of that trial to see if anybody can help me understand why somebody would say such a thing to me? No. I'm gonna move on with my life. The same thing can be done if somebody says the killer you're playing is unfair, OP or unfun.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

And four people vs only one is not fair at all, that is why two unfair things makes it fair. That is the balance.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Why wait for it in game?

I know a guy ,who knows a sick guy, who has the most elaborate basement setups!

Just let me know and I'll get one of his "Oinks" to pick you up.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

The notion is enjoy animations if you cant do anything about it. Also be careful posting that on the public internet, they know where you are.