Survivor preventing killer adept

Options
Steah
Steah Member Posts: 511

So if i need x amount of hooks to get the merciless for adept and then people just suicide on hook or refuse to save team mates on hook then what? Seems dumb that i need quad iridescent for it and survivors can prevent that by just killing themselves

Comments

• Sinatyxmas
    Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72
    Options

I remember when you just had to kill or sacrifice all 4 survivors, it even counted dcs as kills toward the challenge as well. Now you need a perfect game to get adept as killer. Survivor adepts just tell you to escape with that survivors 3 perks. Dwights adept you can just hide in lockers and crouch around the map.

• Steah
    Options

My last 3 adept clown games have had someone suicide before i can hook them enough times so it doesn't matter what i do for the rest of the game. i might as well afk at that point.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Why is it a conspiracy against you? Like how would these people have any idea what you're doing until the last screen? Just keep at it; you'll get it.

• Steah
    Options

Not saying it's a conspiracy but what's the point of playing that match out?

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

I easily got mine for Huntress, Nurse and Legion by just playing nicely. When you don't tunnel or camp at all (or slug unless strictly necessary), people will be less likely to kill themselves on first hook or D/C, and I got Adept Legion and Huntress on my first try that way. Adept Nurse was a bit harder but the only times I failed were due to my own incapability.

Remember, Survivors can't see what perks you're using or anything like that, so they're not killing themselves JUST to deprive you of the Adept. And they'll probably kill themselves on first hook if you take in a mori as well, since no one likes to be first hook mori'd, and that's what they're expecting.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,538
    Options

Killers can prevent survivors adepts by just killing them.

serioulsy though: killer adepts are ridiculous. They are the only cases where I „slugged for the 4K“ and for me that is not a fun way to play killer.. I am just happy I am not on red ranks and occasionally are not matched against red rank survivors.

• Steah
    Options

I'm playing clown with no offering and the first guy i down on Ormond dc's when i got to pick him up. I can understand it if i was tunneling or face camping or had strong add ons or a mori. But no, i have no offering and the reload speed add on.

• Steah
    Options

That's different though. If i play bad and the survivors escape i don't get the adept. But if i do what i'm suppose to and down someone and they auto dc then i also don't get it. I can't think of anyway a killer can block the survivor one if the survivor does what they are suppose to.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Yeah, that's pretty bad. For some reason, people seem to hate playing against Clown even though he's not that powerful (it might be because of the gas effects on the screen), so that might be why.... 🙁

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Well, 'the point' is a pretty deep question. Generally, I'd say non adept reasons. Points and pipping and stuff.

But what's the point of playing at all? For fun? Bully others? Quarantine? A good scare? Murder fantasies? Could be all the above, or none.

I did go 1/5 on adept trophy attempts recently tho, so I feel your pain.

• Steah
    Options

I might as well afk at that point. The adept is ######### because i downed someone quickly.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,538
    Options

Actually the killer can prevent it, by hardcore tunneling and camping. even if the survivor plays significantly better the killer can secure a kill in most cases.

but I agree that this is not as bad, since the conditions for killer adepts are worse and harder to get.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

A survivor win is escaping and a killer win is 2k (I've seen this said a bunch, could be wrong). The survivor win of escaping is an Adept trophy. By that logic the killer win of 2k should be an Adept trophy.

I don't get why they made the killer Adept way harder than survivors. Survivor could hide whole game doing nothing until the escape and get the Adept trophy.