The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Well its been fun

killde
killde Member Posts: 53

Might just walk away or downgrade my level to actually remember what it's like having a fun match.

Any kind of gameplay with a red team or swf turns into to a festival.

To give an idea of just how confident high rank survivors are, they will go in groups around me trolling crouching and just dancing baiting to get hit.

I guess this is the nature of an a-symmetrical game with such a unique concept.

Killers are but pawns for the amusement of the masses of survivors.

Time to try to find a different game to spend my time in without feeling like my existence is being a clown.

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Bye👋

If you dont have fun dont play.

Killers arnt pawns for the survivors fun.

If they were camping, sluggung, tunnelling etc would have been removed but they havent becasue the devs actually care for both sides

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
  • ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

The way matchmaking works now, Killers go against red rank SWF no matter what rank they may be.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

You can derank and still get reds now. I got screen shots of being rank 16 and facing reds.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

If you don't have fun trying to challenge yourself to get better, then maybe red ranks aren't for you. But I've gone against red ranks since I was green ranks, mainly due to SWFs or the matchmaking being weird. Either way, just because people are in red ranks it doesn't mean that they're meant to be in it.

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

Oh PLEEEEASE, I was rank 11 not too long ago facing all red ranks. You think it's just as easy as 1, 2 ,3 to not face them? Matchmaking is screwed.

• mario_deadman
    mario_deadman Member Posts: 8

yeah but OP said he needs to downgrade so i don't think he is talking about matchmaking so don't make this into a matchmaking is busted debate. Granted it is busted OP isn't one of those cases! Now if he is rank 11 and still thinks he needs to downgrade to not get red ranks then i have nothing else to say.

• mario_deadman
    mario_deadman Member Posts: 8

I agree but OP stated he needs to downgrade in order to have fun. I don't think a rank 11 or above would say that so i think he is red ranks himself so again matchmaking is not at fault in this debate. In others it sure is

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I have been clean for 2 months now. It IS possible to quit this game.

Take one day at a time, stay strong, delete it from your hard drive, find another game you like playing. This one corrodes your soul from the inside.

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

Well I wish you the best mate. Maybe a break is always good and you are always welcomed back.

Have fun. :)

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Amen brother, I'll drink to that

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Matchmaking being busted is not a debate, it is a fact. Matchmaking is completely relevant here. He is making the mistake to think deranking would get him to go against less toxic and experienced survivors.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I agree with you. The problem is though, him deranking contributes to the bad matchmaking that is currently going on.

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107

This is why I think there should be a Casual Mode or a way just to freeze your Rank. Even if matchmaking wasn't broken so I'd get Red Ranks no matter what Rank I am, I don't want to go beyond Rank 12 or 13. It becomes a point where I have to play dirty and do all the things Survivors complain about like tunneling and face camping. I just wanna have fun, not play competitively.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I agree... take a break

Also... its not just a MM problem... it is a balance, mm, and RNG problem

When 6 or 7 perks on both sides are "viable" and the rest are either situational to nonexistent... thats a balance issue

When matches can either be just right to a rainbow (including SWFs)... thats a MM issue

When map RNG (side note it goes both ways) causes either side to gain the upper hand in a match... thats a RNG issue

So what can the devs and the community do to address these?