The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Someone Explain

I have a video, and anyone please leave your comments and thoughts on what just happened. I know about latency, but i feel like lag had to play a big part. IDK

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Latency is lag. Or, more specifically, latency creates lag. What happened there was simply that either your ping or the killer's was slightly high, so the hit appeared to connect from further away than it should.

They're introducing server-side hit detection in the near future, which hopefully will go a long way towards making situations like this feel more fair.

• VectorRises
    VectorRises Member Posts: 68

@Fibijean well fair is what everyone wants hopefully they can get it done soon.

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

Not sure why this stuff happens. Today the pig was like 10 feet in front of me with her back facing me and somehow I got hit.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

These types of smacks look completelly fine from the killer side. That box for example from that distance is a death sencence. You should have know you’ll go down a second you used it to break the chain.

• VectorRises
    VectorRises Member Posts: 68

@Gomolazoli wasnt talking about the chain break was talking about the first hit were he just glides around the corner and hits me that part is what confused me

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173