What licensed killer would u like to see in Dead By Daylight?

Options

Comments

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    RuneStarr said:
    Pinhead
    Or The Jackal (Or any of the others tbh) from 13 ghosts (So I can get a Matthew Lillard based survivor. For... reasons) 
    Yes...... I didn't even know I wanted this 
  • Hellrossa
    Hellrossa Member Posts: 105
    Options
    I'll vote for ghostface. :)
  • FlamingTurd
    FlamingTurd Member Posts: 8
    Options

Definitely the demon creature from Jeepers Creepers

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Honestly I'm saying naughty bear I mean I think these guys made him and can you imaging how ######### up that would be I mean a creepy cartoon woodland he blends in a toy pile you turn your back and he jumps you like ahhhhhh lol
  • AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    Options
    RuneStarr said:
    Pinhead
    Or The Jackal (Or any of the others tbh) from 13 ghosts (So I can get a Matthew Lillard based survivor. For... reasons) 

Ooo the jackal would be cool. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Tyrant T-002 from Resident Evil.
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

@245_Trioxin said:
    I would be incredibly happy if they never released another licensed killer. They're unnecessary and take money away from the devs that could be put towards making the game better (e.g. dedicated servers).

Dedicated servers are never going to happen

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203
    Options

Maybe Susie from Suspiria (either from the upcoming remake or the original) and the main witch from the movie

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Unit said:
    245_Trioxin said:

I would be incredibly happy if they never released another licensed killer. They're unnecessary and take money away from the devs that could be put towards making the game better (e.g. dedicated servers).

They said no to dedicated servers 

At least for now because dedicated servers have to wait until they finish the code rewrite which is a massive undertaking.

• powerbats
    Options

Skaarj hybrid from Unreal Goty say Baetal who the more he kills or downs the bigger he gets like Fatboy mod.
    Now before anyone asks yes those are bots but the skill is set on godlike.

Handsome Jack from Bl 2 just because he is so evil.

Tiny Tina because I mean who doesn't like blowing things up, she could throw dynamite like huntress hatchets. Her Mori could be like in BL 2 where she blows up the 1 guy.

• Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't care, as long as it comes with Ash from evil dead as a survivor.  ;)
  • powerbats
    Options

@Cardinal_Copia said:
    I don't care, as long as it comes with Ash from evil dead as a survivor.  ;)

That would be cool but if you think about it, we already have him. He's just disguised as Dwight with glasses ala Superman. Just waiting quietly hiding in lockers to build up his survivor bonafides until the day he gets to reveal his true colors.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

Sorry, It was too hard to only list one and I got excited. haha.

TOP 15 in no particular order:
    CHARACTER, MOVIE
    1. Pinhead/TheDirector, Hellraiser
    2. Ghostface/TheScream, Scream
    3. Pumpkinhead/TheLantern, Pumpkinhead
    4. Candyman, Candyman
    5. Carrie White, Carrie
    6. The Phantom, Phantom of the Paradise
    7. Xenomorph, Alien(s)
    8. Tallman, Phantasm
    9. The Thing, The Thing
    10. The Pale Man, Pan's Labyrinth
    11. The Blair Witch, The Blair Witch Project
    12. Crawler, The Descent
    13. Seth Brundle, The Fly
    14. Lord of Darkness, Legend
    15. Wolfman, American Werewolf in London

Honorable Mentions that probably won't happen:
    Chucky
    Leprechaun
    Gremlin
    Regan
    Damien
    Esther
    Jack Torrence
    Norman Bates
    Hannible Lector
    Dracula
    Samara
    Pennywise
    Jason Vorheez

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Usui said:

@245_Trioxin said:

Dedicated servers are never going to happen

Never say never.  ;)

Besides, that was just an example. I don't care what it is for, but keep the money in the company instead of having to share profits out with license holders.

There's a lot of resources being spent just for some famous horror icons. That's money, time, and labor that could go into making the game better in lots of ways.

I'm really hoping that the removal of Starbreeze from the picture means the end of licensed killers in the future. They're a waste of company resources, and every licensed killer that's been added to the game has been diminished to an irrelevant joke, in my opinion.

They're not the scary iconic horror legends they once were. They're just annoying now. Well, except for Freddy. They got him right. Remake Freddy made about the same impact on screen that he makes in the game. Low tier across the board.
  • Blauergeist
    Blauergeist Member Posts: 16
    Options

@Epicwarhog69 said:
    1.The Thing Chapter,with the south pole reasearcs lab as a new map and Childs as a new survivor.
    2.Stranger Things Chapter,with the demagorgon killer and bob as a survivor,maybe the hwkins research center as a map
    3.Jeepers Creepes Chapter,The Creeper as a killer and thris as the survivor with the old church map
    4.Until Dawn chapter,with a Wendigo killer,Chris as a survivor and the lodge map

But why Chris in Until Dawn? Michael Munroe and Samantha have much more importance in the story as the other Survivors, don't they? I mean, in the end, Sam pretty much decides who dies and who not. Also she is the first character to play after the prologue, which makes me feel like she is the main protagonist. When it comes to Mike, he went for Jessica down the hill while chasing a bloody Wendigo, and he learned to kill them and he is the one who beats the most of the Wendigowak. They both would seem much more fitting as the survivor for the Until Dawn-Chapter. I would also mind the Blackwood Sanatorium as a better fitting place to get chased by a Wendigo, the Washington Lodge is to small for a map.

Also I got the Idea of the Telltale The Walking Dead Charakters Lee or Clementine to enter the fog. The Killer could be a Zombie in that case, even if this wouldn't be that of a grat killer at all.

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Options

If game characters could be killers then I'd actually be interested in seeing Marta from Outlast 2, her mori would be named Ethan's Demise (You would know this reference from the game)

• Lily0
    Lily0 Member Posts: 128
    Options

I feel like the only really iconic horror movie killers left are Ghostface and Jason. Besides them I dont want any other licensed killer, specially not Jeepers creepers

• mashcs
    mashcs Member Posts: 2
    Options

Ghostface

• Ravenwolf64
    Ravenwolf64 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    In this order

1. Jason Voorhees
    2. Pinhead
    3. Ghostface
    4. Candyman

As an aside, an Ash Williams survivor could be fun. He wouldn't have his chainsaw or boomstick of course, but I think he could have some cool perks.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Something like Alma Wade (F.E.A.R.) or Samara (The Ring) is something I would snap up immediately. I was hoping to get that vibe from The Spirit, but I'm not feelin' it.

• Mechamutourmon1
    Mechamutourmon1 Member Posts: 30
    Options

The Top Five Licenced Killers, Survivors and Maps that I would love to see in Dead By Daylight are the following:
    (1) Jason Voorhees, Tommy Jarvis and Camp Crystal Lake
    (2)The Joker, Commissioner James Gordon and Arkham Asylum
    (3)Ghostface, Sidney Prescott & Movie Set from Scream 3
    (4)Pennywise, Losers Club Leader and The Town of Dairy
    (5)Dracula, Van Helsing and Transylvania Castle

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    Options
    We have to keep game mechanics in mind as the primary determinant factor, not how much you liked the movie.

That being said, here is my list:

Puppetmaster. That would be very interesting and creepy having puppets running around. This would likely involve simple " wander around and attack/stun/grab survivors when within x radius" ai. 

The Creeper. Flying. That is all. Indoor maps would likely make this impossible to implement as a mechanic though, unless those maps were simply locked out when the killer is the Creeper.

Candyman. By far the most interesting possible licenced killer. Mechanics would involve mirrors and swarms of bees. His weapon would be his iconic hook. Definitely a unique enough character to turn into a mechanically viable and fear enducing killer.

Edit: Tall Man. Power could involve the flying orbs being used to attack instead of the standard weapon swing. Movement would be slow and menacing. Would be hard to balance.

Honorable mentions that would not be viable due to a lack of an ability or mechanical issues: Pinhead (movement and extremely difficult power to create,) Ghostface (no power,) Chucky (too short for grass, no power,) Pumpkinhead (No power,) Herbert West Reanimator (Too complicated to make zombies a part of the game,) The Thing (Too animalistic, power mechanics too complicated, requires killing survivors to mimic them.)
  • TheHourMan
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Just wanted to say I love your name. Tarman for president, 2020!

Also, the only killers that I really hope we never EVER see in DbD would be Ghostface and any other average human serial killer. The Pig only worked because of the unique deathtraps from the movies. Jack Torrence, Norman Bates, Ghostface and the like may all be good characters from good movies, but that doesn't mean they will be good killers in DbD. Most importantly, Ghostface is a normal human being who has no special abilities beyond stabbing people with a knife and asking people trivia questions on the phone. That would not work in DbD with the current mechanics at all. 

They would have to have something unique that they do in the movies that makes them stand out as "Hey, that would be a really good ability to go up against." 
    Post edited by TheHourMan on
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Pinhead

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Pinhead or the Thing would be amazing. Top of my list. 
  • MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I know it's not a popular licensed killer, but I'd love to see the Judas Breed from Mimic. Dying to get a killer that plays off the fear of bugs. I could definitely seeing it having two stances/modes. Lurking mode, with a smaller terror radius or something with it's human like appearance, and the full roach mode, gliding at the survivors scary as #########..

From Fandom:
    They were insidious because they had grown to human-sized insectoid creatures that had evolved the ability to mimic their prey to better kill them. Having mutated far beyond their original forms, the creatures began to hunt humans and evolved a complex yet cunning disguise that allowed them to walk on the surface without being detected by making partial human faces.

They were six legged creatures with powerful pincers that allowed them to rip a human being apart for feeding. Wings allowed them movement across their territory, which made them particularly dangerous in the open. They were capable of wrapping their wings around their body and showing their 'human' disguise, which made them appear as humans wearing large jackets.

Yes Please!

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    Options
    1. Sadako/Samara (The Ring) from The Ring
    2. Kayako (The Grudge) from The Grudge
    3. Carrie White (The Witch) from Carrie
    4. Tallman (The Phantasm) from Phantasm
    5. Candyman (The Bee) from Candyman
    6. Valac (The Nun) from The Nun/The Conjuring 2
    7. Chucky (The Doll) from Child's Play
    8. Pyramid Head (The Executioner) from SILENT HILL
    9. The Keeper (The Keeper) from The Evil Within
    10. Pinhead (The Tormenter) from Hellraiser
    11. Pennywise (The Mimic) from IT
    12. The Red Nun (The Habit) from Remothered: Tormented Fathers
    13. Marry Shaw (The Ventriloquist) from Dead Silence
    14. Ghostface (The Actor) from Scream
    15. Pumpkinhead (The Pumkin...?) from Pumpkinhead
  • BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
    Options

CHUCKY!!!!!!!!

I never watched his movies (Nor do I plan too) But it could work, like make a map where the world is bigger then you. and make chucky bigger, like the entity made him the size of the killers so he could sacrifice them.

People can be so un creative like someone mentioned chucky being to short, well this is the relm of the entity so he doesn't have to be.

• Jackikins
    Jackikins Member Posts: 66
    Options

I think Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger. Maybe even Leather Face or SAW even though it isn't really a "slasher" movie, but it's still a horror movie.

• GhostrickSpecter
    Options

@Jackikins said:
    I think Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger. Maybe even Leather Face or SAW even though it isn't really a "slasher" movie, but it's still a horror movie.

four of them already in Dead by Daylight XD

• DaddyDagon
    DaddyDagon Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Candyman or maybe something akin to the killer from I Know What You Did Last Summer.
  • Nero
    Nero Member Posts: 43
    Options

Ghostface, Jason, chucky , Creeper and even the Predator :D

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Options

@TheHourMan said:

Honorable mentions that would not be viable due to a lack of an ability or mechanical issues: Pinhead (movement and extremely difficult power to create,) Ghostface (no power,) Chucky (too short for grass, no power,) Pumpkinhead (No power,) Herbert West Reanimator (Too complicated to make zombies a part of the game,) The Thing (Too animalistic, power mechanics too complicated, requires killing survivors to mimic them.)

Yeah no Pumpkinhead was made for this game hehe.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead

• TheHourMan
    Options
    Jed said:

@TheHourMan said:

Yeah no Pumpkinhead was made for this game hehe.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead

But what would he DO? What would hipower be that makes him stand out? He looks amazing and is scary as #########, but what would he DO?
  • Ilynna
    Ilynna Member Posts: 5
    Options

Ghostface Obvi, he could have a decoy somewhere on the map with terror radius because there was always more than one Ghostface!

The Grudge. I know the new killer looks kinda like the Grudge but I need that creepy sound...omg Ide ######### myself!

Maybe a child twins killer? That'd be creepy AF too.

A generic Voodoo guy. Once he hits you he can take your DNA and attach it to a doll causing you pain. there should probably be cool downs and limits to this but sounds interesting.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Options

But what would he DO? What would hipower be that makes him stand out? He looks amazing and is scary as [BAD WORD], but what would he DO?

Well we have two chainsaw guys...but some people have already said he reminds them of the hag so maybe he could be kinda like her. Or looking at his list of powers might make him similar to the nurse. I think there is alot to work with and I'm sure the devs could come up with something that makes him different from the other killers.

• Raven24
    Raven24 Member Posts: 43
    Options

Predator would be dope AF

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Definitely pumpkinhead
  • Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

@pandorayr said:
    I want to clarify that I like the original killers but think licensed killers are fundamental in this game.

I propose some names:
    Ghostface, Pinhead, Jason Voorhees, Chucky, Jeepers Creepers, Harry Warden, Smiley, Babyface, Hannibal Lecter.

Ghostface - He creates multiple versions of himself. The "illusions" can be exposed with a flashlight, otherwise chase players without ability to hit them. Happens every 60 seconds or so. Would be a hoot as both a survivor and killer!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Headless Horseman

• GhostrickSpecter
    Options

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    Headless Horseman

Wonder how he sees the survivor XD

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    Headless Horseman

Wonder how he sees the survivor XD

Welp you got me there. For the Halloween update he could wear a pumpkin I guess :P

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Pigsy and Cash from manhunt
  • TheEliteTurtle
    TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108
    Options

@Joshua said:
    I would like to have Jason, Springtrap, Candyman or Sleepy Hollow

Same

• Doc_Klu
    Doc_Klu Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Options

I think The Beast from Magicians would fit right in with the list of killers with his frightening visage and rather nasty slew of magic powers. Ideas for what magic he could use could be a cooldown that lets him walk through walls like he's stepping over a window or a time stop that affects the last person he was in a chase with that ends prematurely if they re-enter his terror radius. Maybe a few weak abilities instead of one strong one.

We already have Baddass Bill Overbeck from Left 4 Dead, why no killer? I could see the Hunter with a leap. Maybe the witch stopping to use "weep" and gradually ramp her speed or drastically amplify her ability to hear survivors.

I've seen a few people mention The Thing and a few people reply "how would it work" well, my thought is it starts out looking like a different random killer (limit which ones that have powers they use frequently like the nurse or huntress). After it hits a survivor it can mimic them including their 3rd person viewpoint. It could walk right up to start "helping" on a generator, then it bursts out and lunges at them. They would need to make certain survivor aura abilities work when it's disguised though.

No FNAF characters though, there's a reason they barely move in the games and it's because they look goofy when they do. If we're going to have a silly character I'd much rather a Spooky Scary Skeleton for killers who think they're hot ######### and want to play with a handicap. Plus, his terror radius could constantly loop his silly music.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Pyramid head, Ghosthead and Dracula. 
    Post edited by chococri on
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited October 2018
    Options

This is all I want.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Instead of trying to add Jason as a licensed killer they should just try to get a Jason trapper skin imo.