PLEASE cleanse HEX totems when you see them!

Kolossoni
Kolossoni Member Posts: 371
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

This is getting beyond frustrating at this point.

NOED totem, sure we won't know till the very endgame.

But otherwise?

I've seen players who just walk right pass a HEX totem and rather go straight to the gen right next to it.

Isn't it more sensible for people to cleanse first then gen?

Both will signal the killer once done, but gens you can come back to it while HEX totems will affect the game as it stays.

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited May 2020

But what if it's Haunted? D:

In all seriousness, though, my general approach to hex totems is to try to figure out what they are before I cleanse them, in case it actually is something I don't want to cleanse. For example, if I go tap a generator, I can find out if it's Ruin. If I do a skill check, I can find out if it's Huntress' Lullaby. If I cleanse a dull totem, I can find out if it's Retribution or Thrill of the Hunt. If the killer hits me, I can find out if it's Third Seal.

If it's none of those, it's either Haunted Ground or Devour Hope, in which case I'll typically wait until the killer has injured someone before cleansing it, because while someone is already injured and in a chase is the best time to trigger Exposed if it is Haunted Ground. If I discover that it's Retribution, I probably won't want to cleanse it either because I'd rather not reveal everyone's aura to the killer, and if it's Thrill, I'd prefer to wait until the killer is otherwise occupied so I don't give away my position needlessly.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

I try to cleanse totems if possible although I definitely am guilty of running by them in favor of gens.

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

As others have explained - skilled players will always check for signs to find out what the totem actually is. Mindlessly cleansing hex totems is what gets your team killed.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I actually run Hex Haunted Grounds for this exact reason.

Most people don't bother to check for possible hex perks first and just rush cleanse as soon as they see them.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

If it glows. It goes

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

no bones are good bones.