Survivor Identities

Jarmendo
Jarmendo Member Posts: 19

To keep it simple I think all Survivors should have their own unique passive. Nothing too big but a small buff with a small debuff to account for it. Some examples would be:

Dwight:

5% increased Co-op Action Speed

5% decreased Solo Action Speed

Meg:

5% Increased Run Speed (Does not stack with Sprinting i.e. Sprint Burst, Lithe etc...)

5% Decreased Walk Speed

Claudette

5% Increased Healing Efficiency (Re-work Botany Knowledge possibly)

5% Decreased Generator Efficiency

Jake

Cannot Alert Crows (Calm Spirit only stops Screaming)

Louder Footsteps

These are just quick Ideas for the first four survivors but I think if each survivor has a slight Pro & Con then there would be more diversity in who people play besides Claudettes and Neas. This will be pretty good for Killers too because they would be able to know which survivor is better at a certain task and would be able to 'crutch' healing/gen speed etc. by getting rid of that survivor.

Along with this you can only have no more than 1 unique survivor in a game to get rid of a whole group stacking up one main buff or have it so the Passive Buffs don't stack together.

This is just a small quick list/idea I came up with and thought it would be pretty cool to have these traits for survivors and make them a bit more interesting like Killers with their powers but not as impactful as a Killers Ability.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I like the idea, but the devs stated in the latest Q&A that while it would be cool is nothing they are working on or considering at the moment.

a big contra argument is ironically that it would probably result in some character being Meta and therefore way more often played. But I think that could be balanced out if everyone gets a positive and negative trait like you suggested!

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited May 2020

Thats why you have items. The items are like the survivor abilities, a lot of these teams are crazy good as it is without buffing them more

Now what would be dope is create a character

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Ive always thought this but the problem lies in, how do you make a character better enough to feel the difference, without making it too good? 5% movement speed on meg would make her a 4.2 and as fast as huntress hag and deathslinger if im not mistaken. You would definitely feel that as both survivor and killer. That small boost there is pretty OP and would probably make Meg even more used.

Again i have always wanted survivor traits so to speak. Just not sure how to incorporate them this late into the game without completely changing it.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

What if my favorite survivor gets a passive that I don't like or that doesn't fit my playstyle?

Survivor are just skins, and that's fine, even though I like the idea.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

technically, they already do. Between visibility, cosmetics, and auditory balancing, there are a few advantages to playing specific survivors. Jeff and Bill as asthmatic as heck while ace practically gets free iron will, blendette needs no introduction and neither do neon nea and feng...

• Jarmendo

You can still play them, they are not meant to be game changing passives but just a little nudge, something to make each survivor stand out a bit more besides cosmetics. Most of the passives will probably link in to their backstories and be related to their characters.

• Jarmendo

Its what im trying to seperate with these passives, to get people to play different survivors because of their passives and not their visibility or by how quiet they are. Im just giving some quick ideas but other people can probably think about better passives.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Well sometimes it's the 1% that makes the difference. And think about players who spent a lot of money for cosmetics on a certain survivor they like.

If you could "unlock" the passives from the characters and switch them between survivors, that would be way better.

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 134

The problem is being a dev team that has to balance a new in-built layer for a fairly complicated game.

Separating things into perks was a smart move, since it contains the balance within neat little packages that can be passed around, but when you add intrinsic abilities to characters it really compounds balancing issues. Like really really.

• Jarmendo

Unlocking the passive through each survivor probably will work and could make the prestige system actually worth it besides your clothes getting a bit bloody, and re-working the prestiege system so it isn't as tedious