The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SILENT HILL/PYRAMID HEAD IS THE NEW CHAPTER!!!

LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 8,320

The executioner, Cheryl Mason and an elementary school is the next chapter. All those ppl who claimed it was Candyman...was wrong, lol.

Comments

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Love everyone who said its 100% NOT silent hill

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

I'm so upset...I wanted Candyman so badly. But I'll settle for Silent Hill I guess :/

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529

NEW CHAPTER SILENT HILL

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I'M SO BLOODY HAPPY!

I GUESSED THIS YESTERDAY AS IN AN INTERVIEW, ONE OF THE KONAMI OR KOJIMA DEVS SAID "We are not closing the door on silent hill yet"

THANK YOU GUYS!

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    edited May 2020

Faith restored, take my money again - all is forgiven

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Thank you to everyone who supported my thread about the possiblity of a new Silent Hill chapter! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153143/silent-hill-next-dlc-an-in-depth-analysis/p1

I am extremely excited and can't wait to experience this in the game! I hope you all enjoy it as well, not just because of the ties to Silent Hill but because of the characters themselves! Pyramid Head is truly spooky and scary and I'm super stoked to play as AND against him!

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I was screeching like a banshee in my house when Pyramid Head appeared on the screen! Super exciting!!!

• GreatbigTurd
    GreatbigTurd Member Posts: 10

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

*I hope I didn't wake up the family I am living with because I was screeching*

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395

That's cool sense they don't make silent hill anymore...I wish they hadn't red herring Candyman so har d.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I thought pyramid head on DBD was just a meme. Holy crap was I damn wrong.

• Revzi100
  • Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

Actually insane that we're getting this

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

Candy Man can still be possible for this year. I have a feeling that this year is going to be mostly Licensed killers.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Honestly I'm so !&$^@ happy right now

• Revzi100

i knew from the start it would not be candyman as a lot of users wouldnt even know who it was

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I can't imagine wanting Candyman. Such a nothing movie and I only found out recently it had sequels somehow. Alien is cool but I can't see it working.

SH 2 and 3 are two of my top ten games of all time but I never imagined this could be a possibility. I still want Jason but as far as we know he'll always be off the table so this will do for me.

• gofu
    gofu Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2020

THANK YOU BHVR WOULD PREFER THIS NOSTALGIC MASTERPIECE OVER GENERIC JASON IN A MILLION YEARS. DS USERS IM COMING FOR YOU

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited May 2020

I know some people have probably never heard of Silent Hill and are probably disappointed of how far their ignorance for this truly iconic, cold hard horror classic reaches.

If you fall into that group of people, just take our word for it that this is a momentous and masterful license to be able to have in this game.

Konami, the license owners have been known to be really tight fisted at lending rights to whoever wants it and I think whoever was able to attain the license deserves HUGE credit. Without them this definitely wouldn't have been possible.

Everyone seemed to have overlooked this as a possible chapter because it was just accepted that it could never happen.

For those of you complaining just embrace what Silent Hill is and accept it is a perfect game to house his toblerone shaped metal head.

Post edited by Gcarrara on
  • Mothy
    Mothy Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2020

I am so excited for Pyramid Head and more Silent Hill content. Being the first horror video game killer will open the door for other video game horror franchises to join the fun. Still waiting for a new Silent Hill game Konami.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    edited May 2020

There's actually a lot I'm excited about:

The tribute to all the first 3 games (Area: SH; Killer: SH2; Survivor: SH3).

The legendary skins, and that could be applied for.

A killer which seems like a very different kind of stealth/oblivious build, especially considering The Executioner's daunting appearance.

A survivor who can utilise The Entity.

It also shows that, alongside Mr. Overbeck, Dbd are venturing into different mediums.

Honestly, I'm intrigued in the lore, considering how Silent Hill, and in particular its God, relates to The Entity.

Basically, really excited for this! Great work BHVR!

Only odd about this post is the Gen X comment - I'd think most Gen X would really dig this.

• Noire
    Noire Member Posts: 41

Look it's fine if you're personally disappointed about Pyramid Head because you were hoping for someone else and/or you're simply not interested in him.

But to say that he didn't deserve his inclusion or that the series isn't iconic is just plain wrong.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Maybe so, but there are characters out there are stand out as 'iconic.' When the devs hype it up as 'emotional' and 'classic,' Silent Hill isn't the first on that list.

Don't get me wrong, I like Silent Hill. I do think it's iconic, especially with the siren. But again, there are franchises out there that are above it.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

It was iconic for it's time, and for it's fanbase. But ask any 15yr old what silent Hill is, and 90% won't have a clue. Ask them who Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein, alien, pennywise, Jason, etc. and they know who that is. They put way too much hype behind it, for who it was. I think that's why a lot of people were disappointed as I was too. I didn't expect Jason(nor do I want him here), buy I expected more than pyramid head. Not trying to knock the chapter, but it is what it is.

• MyNamePett
    MyNamePett Member Posts: 8

Lol wut?

theres always going to be franchises and media that can be considered more iconic. I didn’t like the ghost face chapter because Jason is more iconic and they’re only allowed to release chapters that are the most iconic at the time.. do you see where I’m going with this. Silent hill is hugely iconic, especially in the world of video games, I think many forget or don’t know that silent hill completely changed the game for horror in gaming.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

eat it haters hes here and here to stay theres absolutely no one better than him, in my restless dreams i see that...

wink wink maria new survivor confirmed leak?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

People have to realise that unless it was the 1 or 2 out of 6 or 7 chapter you wanted then there was always going to be disappointment.

As soon as we knew it was licensed then that created this "I want this or I'm disappointed". I personally would've been disappointed by Candyman but I know a lot of others would've been happy. Silent Hill was the unlikely choice I didn't expect them to choose but I'm so happy they did it.

I love everything about the chapter so far. The perks on the killer side are the only downside I'm seeing so far.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Think what you will. I personally think Silent Hill isn't up there with some of the more classic characters, like Alien, Dracula, and Jason. I'll enjoy the DLC, just not as much as if the hype was accurate. Whether you think it fits is up to you.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited May 2020

I haven’t been this excited since the Halloween chapter came out. Silent Hill has been in my life for such a long time. I was pretty much raised on it as my brother used to play it a lot when I was younger. Which then manifested into me playing the games and also watching the movies. A few weeks back I joked with my friend about Pyramid Head coming to the game because I noticed that the 4 in the anniversary logo looked just like his head. Didn’t realise this was actually going to come to fruition. I am so pumped to play as and against him. Judging from the PTB he is terrifying in the best way possible.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I personally agree as a long time horror fan. If you discount movies from the argument,I would say he's easily one of the most iconic monsters in horror gaming history. I really don't think there's many more that are even close.

My last tweet this morning before the stream was saying "I think it'd be cool if it wasn't something from a movie. Like from a show,game,or book." So I really wasnt disappointed. I wanted something that didn't fit all the "clues" and that a ton of people didn't guess.

I feel like they must have had a hell of a time getting Konami to sign off on this. Probably found out they sell $10-12 skins and it was a done deal,lol. He's an icon from a classic horror franchise. Wasn't like they were lying.

I'm sure a lot of players are horror fans,but I'd say just as many are gamers first and foremost. Any gamer (especially ones into horror games) is going to know what Silent Hill and Pyramid Head are. Can a person really say the same about Candyman? A property that hasn't had a film in like two decades and wasn't that popular to begin with.

I think it's a really great choice and I can see why it was emotional and meant something to them. They made an online horror game. I'm sure they really are fans of the property. The franchise has had a big influence in the horror communities. I hope this means some of the rumors about a Silent Hill game coming for next gen are true. Heather...was an interesting choice. Seems kinda odd, considering.

• Noire
    Noire Member Posts: 41

I'm 18 and knew what Silent Hill was and even knew about Pyramid Head.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Well that settles it, I'm convinced. If you know about it then every teen out there must, too 😉

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Silent Hill has had a massive influence, basically moving survival horror into more psychological territory. Games including Dead Space; The Evil Within; Amnesia; Outlast and numerous indie games owe a huge debt to Silent Hill.

In terms of other media, Stranger Things was strongly influenced, and both musically and artistically impacted heavily on the use of atmosphere. Various Creepypasta and SCP references are also bound to Silent Hill (SCP-106) in popularising the alternate world/reality technique.

I think it was also the first series that explored previously unexplored subjects such as incest, domestic abuse, adoption and psychological abuse.

In terms of a video game, I would certainly say this is iconic.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    edited May 2020

Silent Hill is a series I was always fascinated by when I was younger, but i never had the opportunity to play it. I don't have a PS2 anymore and I've always wanted to try the HD collection, but reviews convince me not to because it apparently doesn't do justice to the original Silent Hill 2 and 3. It also seems like the newer generation SH games like Homeocoming or Downpour don't hold up either.

So I am beyond excited that Silent Hill is coming to DBD! When I first started playing back in 2018, I thought Pyramid Head would be a great addition to the game and it's actually happening now!

I'm watching my favorite content creators play on the PTB and I am astounded. The killer and survivor perks look interesting, Pyramid Head looks like he'll be a strong killer, and the map's terrifying atmosphere has me speechless (the sirens in the trailer and when you load into the map get me excited every time).

Thank you for another amazing chapter, devs. I love DBD and I love you. I hope my appreciation post makes you smile amid the "Killer OP pls nerf" and "PyRaMiD HeAd IsN't IcOnIc" posts. <3

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

"I'm a Horror fan"

"Silent Hill isn't iconic"

LMFAO

Sno-Kone and I are gonna wreck your ######### when this chapter drops, survivors. LOL

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158

I'm actually pretty happy. Pyramidhead fits this game much better than Pennywise or Alien and he is also much more interesting. Perks are pretty weak in my opinion. I won't talk about survivor because it's just a skin

Now tell me what you are thinking about this chapter!

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320

As a long time fan of the series, that pretty much sums up my sentiments too. Well...and this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQtzV9IZ0Q

I had to make an account just to say devs, ya'll are bona fide rockstars for this DLC.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I know people are disappointed it wasn't a movie slasher this time, but BHVR have now shown they can bring in horror icons from movies, TV shows, and now other video games. They are killing it!

• Dead_by_chrissy
    Dead_by_chrissy Member Posts: 120

Literally never been happier with a chapter release, you guys did fantastic ESPECIALLY with the ability to change to Lisa or Heather literally love that sm. This isn't sarcasm I geniuenly think this is quite literally the best chapter and anyone who complains that it isnt good enough clearly doesn't know the importance of Silent Hill! Keep doing great devs ily <3

• emyung
    emyung Member Posts: 138

I JUST LOVE CHERYL MANSON!!!!

WE NEED NEW CLOTHES FOR HER!!!

SHE IS TOO DEPRESSED!!!! OMG POOR HER!!!!!

LOVED PYRAMID HEAD!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!