Cheryl

Options
Jamez666
Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

My friend brought to my attention that the survivor's name is actually Heather and not Cheryl. I'm curious if there was an honest mistake or not since the Fandom Wiki says they are different people but share the same name?

Comments

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

Apparently in the game, when you reach the end, Heather changes her name to Cheryl or something like that

• MTK
    MTK Member Posts: 77
    Options

Heather is an alias her father made to get the cult off their trail after he escaped silent hill in the first game. She isn't exactly the same person as the "original' cheryl since the current one(featured in the game) is more like a combination of the original cheryl and alessa. But in the context of your question, yes the heather mason your friends refer to and cheryl mason featured in the dlc are the same person.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

*spoilers for Silent Hill*

The original Cheryl turned into either a demon or Mother (depwnding on criteria met throughout the game), but when Harry defeats it, he sees a baby on the floor and escapes with her.

To protect her from The Order (Silent Hill Religious Cult), he renames her Heather. As the third game goes on, Heather finds out she was that child, and therefore was Cheryl. She changes her name to Cheryl at the end of the game, dropping the Heather facade, and on to happier times.

Unfortunately, in one parallel universe, Cheryl was not so lucky, and is now the plaything of The Entity... Or will she play it?

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

She has 3 names: Heather ( Changed by Harry after SH1 action) Cheryl ( Her orginal name given by Harry) and Alyssa (Since she was reincarnated)