A trash map and another brain dead (MiNdGaMe RaNgEd) killer.

Options

The new ranged attack on Pyramid head is broken. Their cool down is ridiculousy short, even if there is one, and you don't have to be careful of your ranged attack because it can literally go through anything. You took out many loops and pallets and now the few places that you do have them, are completely null because head could just shoot through rocks or anything. It's a guaranteed free hit if you loop around pallet and decide to jump over it. The width of the attack is also disgusting. If you do manage to dodge one, it doesn't matter, because he is just going to follow up with another one very quickly. This is another high 4k rate very low skill killer. Which seems to be the new philosophy.

The new map is also terrible. It is extremely hard to find generators and the samey looking nature of the entire map makes it very confusing on what location you are currently in. 10 games on that map and it's always a 4k when there are two gens left because no one can find where the last few gens are. Lets not even talk about the tiny loops and 0 mind gameable spots.

The people who balance this game have 0 respect anymore for survivor gameplay. It's become a killer 4k fantasy game. This DLC was the last nail.

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020
    Options

Just look behind you and dodge, like many other Survivors seem to be doing.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

I can tell you didnt play him, if he didnt hit you with his ranged attack he will be puneched for it

you problay stay at the same loop until he get you, you could just go to other tile if he miss his attack

also it high chance he will miss so i dont recommend killers use it too much

about map i usally hate indoor maps but this one looks good for me

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

Its funny I made a post about when the new killer comes out somebody was already gonna complain that he was broken. I made this post way before we had known who the killer was and here my friend Is one of many complaints.

• Ascended4Head
    Ascended4Head Member Posts: 62
    Options

Post some of your gameplay dodging. I'd love to see it. I want to be good, like you.

• iwoDoge
    iwoDoge Member Posts: 20
    Options

Go play minecraft

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

Hey, wanna hear Doc's advice?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

He's new and different, but unlike Deathslinger his ranged ability isn't bad at all, it's completely fair. It has a very noticeable sound and visual cue, you can see exactly where it is, you know exactly which way it's gonna go because you can't strafe while you hold M2 with him and it's a fixed sensitivity while aiming it, it's literally slow enough at range to react to and dodge, and the range isn't even that great in the first place. It's like demo's shred, but a much shorter range, thinner hitbox and can go through walls.

It might take a while to get used to but I think his power is very much counterable and fun to go against, all he demands is a little extra concentration from the survivor and smarter play.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Everyone seems fo be doing fine dodging his attacks.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

Sorry but just try to play a little more against him and the ranged attack, even I could dodge it sometimes already.

and with the map it also needs time to adjust and remember gen locations. For example I still can’t find some gen locations on Dead Dawg Saloon because I rarely get to that map.. but they are not exactly hidden. This one is a little bit harder because it’s indoors, but try to play a little bit more on it, maybe in KYF where you can explore without any stress..

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

You get multiple warnings when PH is going for a ranged attack with a glow and animations. It’s not that difficult to dodge unless you’re in a narrow spot or unsafe/short loop.

There’s a price for missing, yes PH can recover from it quickly but the amount of distance you can get from the slowdown he gets is pretty good.

It’s a new map, of course everyone is going to be confused. Just play it more and give yourself time to explore, if you want play a custom match and take a look at strong spots and gen spawns.

• Fantagreen
    Fantagreen Member Posts: 26
    Options

I think we should wait for the players to get used to the new map, the perks and the new characters. Then the Devs can tell if a nerf or a buff is necessary.

• Legionmain0517
    Legionmain0517 Member Posts: 34
    Options

Imagine being salty about a new killer all because you cant dodge properly. It has an obvious tell and it restricts Pyramid head's movement. It's up to you as a player to learn that tell and learn how to play against the new killer. Plus, didn't the PTB literally come out like 12 hours ago? You cant seriously tell me that you have figured out every single detail of this character only 12 hours after reveal. In other words, git gud.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

If you watch killer gameplay, most of their shots with the ranged attack miss due to survivor movement. And the attack has the same cooldown as a successful hit + a movement speed slowdown + a lockdown on where they are aiming. It seems that you can bait out the attack to gain distance.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Options