Thoughts and tips from a red rank killer and survivor on the new content

gofu
gofu Member Posts: 133

From a killer's prospective:

1- The trenches (Rites of judgement) & Cage of atonment. The no.1 priority

These trenches must be placed tactically in the red ranks to guarantee the survivors run into them, and you want by any means that they run into them so that you can get that insta hook and immediately chase their friends, applying more pressure.

Another way to guarantee the survivors do run into them is to hold M2 and catch up to the survivor being chased, then overtake him and circle, this might take a bit of skill since you can't move sideways, but regardless it would waste time since it isn't tactical.

The idea is sick, definitely unique and you can see who steps on them for like a second which keeps you applying pressure throughout the match.

Tips for placing tactically:

• Zig zag corridors

• Horizontally block doors you know the survivors are bound to pass by (e.g gen being repaired is near the shack)

• Approach gens being repaired from the area with the most pallets, ensuring that you dig trenches on the way, you'll be surprised on the effect this has

In case you haven't noticed by now, if your bar's full, USE IT, these trenches last a while and if you see that your bar's full and there's a jungle gym on the way or T wall just start digging through it to the objective. You want to restrict the survivor's choices in choosing the loop.

2- Punishment of the Damned

This is the wave of force pyramid head unleashed in front of him, my bets are within a week or so no red rankers will be using this. Why?

• The pathway in which the force emerges is highlighted for a brief moment for both the survivor and killer, this easily gives the survivor a chance to move out of the way and he will succeed 90% of the time unless you're already close, in which case you can just lunge

• Very hard to aim, but I believe this comes with practice. Even if you learn to aim the shots you make often rely on mistakes from survivors, and long range shots don't often work as the force that reaches the end of the wave comes a bit slower than those at the beginning.

• Slowdown after using it, understandable if you hit shots but if you're missing most it's a bit pointless.

BUT, if you're quick enough then maybe you can shut down pallet drops, window loops, but this wont work if they're running unless they mess up.

Overall, unless you combine it with an aura perk that gives them a surprise (I'm all ears is suggested), your force wave is easily evaded and I suggest to stick with lunging for now.

3- The teachables

Forced penance (Broken on protection hits)

Broken effect goes for 30 seconds, if someone's taking a protection hit you can either choose to chase him or keep targetting the hook on death, given you're a good killer you'll win the chase and down him (in which case this perk was useless), if you choose to tunnel the other guy then 30 seconds just isn't that much, by the time the protector runs away and hides he should only have like 8 seconds on the clock before healing.

Overall, don't like it.

Trail of torment (Undetectable upon damaging gens)

This is a nice perk when worked with the right killer, given legion with his mobility he can definitely surprise survivors with his attack after performing it. It's understandable that it gets the gen highlighted in yellow because I mean it's undetectable, you don't even have a red stain.

It's a decent perk with the right killer.

Deathbound (Heal at least 32m away from killer = scream and oblivious 45s)

This a great perk when combined with something like nurse's calling, if they heal within your range you get his aura and apply pressure. If they heal outside well the healer's oblivious and you know where they are now.

Still not sure what it can be combined with to apply pressure but leave thoughts below

Overall, great perk.

From a survivor's prospective

His punishment of the damned took 2-4 matches before I already knew how to dodge them, It requires practice for most and if you can juke then believe me you can get the killer into losing lots of distance on you.

Remember, you can crouch to be unaffected through his trails, but this is often suicide in chases, so whenever you aren't in a chase obviously don't step onto his trails while walking.

Tips to abuse his weaknesses:

1- Remember, when he is activating his power (animation of him shoving his sword into the ground), he is slowed down briefly, if he does this at loops you can punish by continuing to run.

2- If he chooses to perform punishment of the damned (You will see depending on his playstyle), Then juke, a LOT, pretend you're running in on direction, once you see the marker from his waves just move in the other one, it requires great accuracy to put you in the middle of the wave and even if he manages believe me with enough distance you will be able to.

3- He's slowed down EVEN FURTHER right after he does his power, you can actually take this chance to run to a near pallet, don't be afraid.

4- Run out of line of sight in chases, if he can't see you he cant aim his power, so taller wall loops are nicer

The Perks:

Soul Guard ( Endurance on healed from downed for 4/6/8) S tier.

Another second chance perk, not quite happy to see it as killer as you already know how sweaty SWFs will abuse the f‎uck out of it, but I mean it's self explanatory, if the killer decides to slug you can punish him with this.

Blood pact

I'm not sure what the haste percentage is yet to decide if it's worth it. But as an aura perk it's a slightly weirder empathy I guess? Anyways the haste is already right after you heal the obsession or get healed by him, so if you 99% each other i guess you can do some sick plays but again that depends on the haste percentage.

Repressed Alliance

No thanks, this counters pop and new ruin if he doesn't run either you wasted a perk slot (Aside from the fact that ruin can just be cleansed).

If you made it here then thanks for taking your time to read, I hope any of the tips mentioned helped you or corrected some mistakes.

Comments

• gofu

Update

New tip (Killer):

You can mindgame your punishment of the damned by pretending to look somewhere then instantly flicking the m1 to the left or the right whereever seems safer for the survivor to run, this works surprisingly well and has gotten me a lot of wins now

• gofu

Update

For addons as The Executioner

1- Avoid Reach addons, as you'll be only hitting lucky shots from afar and mostly using your power to shut down chases

2- Preferrably go for recharge rate and duration of the trenches in the envirnoment, recharge rate to keep placing the trenches as much as possible and the duration so that they can stay a bit longer, if you get one of these survivors to touch the trench they're in a really bad position believe me

• walrusthemighty
    walrusthemighty Member Posts: 28

Imagine thinking that red ranks represent your "wisdom" and "knowledge", when we have blendets crouching around the map in red ranks. Please, only your "from red rank killer and survivor" alone makes me not read your post.

• gofu

It was just tips for everyone I know there's lots of other red rankers out there it was just assurance for killer tip takers, there's no need for toxicity.

• walrusthemighty

That was my feedback, opinion if you'd like. Act of toxicity is not characterized by expressing ideas which do not match with yours.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

It looks for me like many survivors don't have immiment reaction to dodge, instead they have to prepare themselfes for this, in which the red light, that shows his power area of effect helps them because of it sometimes a quick scope from behind a wall (so survivor won't see the animation) can be very effective, but it requires better than 1 blink nurse lvl of prediction.

Also, when it comes to range addons, im not sure, it would require more testing, but i think that maybe range addons increase also the speed of the wave.

• walrusthemighty

Calling names was not the way to go. Now you unveiled your shortsighted persona, I'll stop.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

new ruin if he doesn't run either you wasted a perk slot (Aside from the fact that ruin can just be cleansed).

Actually, ruin still goes even if under effect of Repressed Alliance, you're actually screwing yourself over if you do that with ruin.

• gofu

LMAO looks like no mither finally has competition

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

ReD RaNk KiLlEr AnD sUrvIvOr WOOOOOW