How bad is it playing on PS4?

Options

I have the game and play on PC, but I have left my PS4 at my girlfriends place and she is asking for more games to play so I was thinking about getting this on the PS4 since I enjoy it. But I dont want to get a broken game for her so I just have a few questions about the console experience.

Are there serious frame rate issues that make it unplayable?

Are the controls horrendous?

Lots of bugs/cheaters?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hellrossa
    Hellrossa Member Posts: 105
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I play on ps4 and had no major bugs so far and no cheaters.

Control and framerate are ok except if she wants to play the nurse which can be tricky with a controller.
  • Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82
    Options

@Hellrossa said:

Control and framerate are ok except if she wants to play the nurse which can be tricky with a controller.

I doubt she will want to play nurse luckily. Thanks for the feedback.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hellrossa said:

Also there's the fact your game csn lag badly as survivor though I think that's due to broadcasting it
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Playing on PS4 is like hearing about an amusement park like Kings Island but only getting to go to a 4-H fair.
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Rootlo said:

I have the game and play on PC, but I have left my PS4 at my girlfriends place and she is asking for more games to play so I was thinking about getting this on the PS4 since I enjoy it. But I dont want to get a broken game for her so I just have a few questions about the console experience.

Lots of bugs/cheaters?

Thanks.

Just make sure you turn your messages to private because there are quite a few who are extremely toxic and salty over little to nothing on PS4 , but other than that it’s fine for me 
  • Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Playing on PS4 is like hearing about an amusement park like Kings Island but only getting to go to a 4-H fair.

Except for where I live

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Messages set to friends only is a must, extreme toxicity.

Bloodlust gives me the worst fps drop, other than that nothing wrong with it.
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    Says a PC elitist 
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Options
    It's iffy. Good ping players are rare the fps drops when anything speed related activates.

Aiming the flashlight isn't as easy as pc or throwing axes but with practice you can manage easily. Sensitivity on camera controls is limited so players that like really highs sensitivity kinda can't have that. 

Bugs I've found so far would be DS not working sometimes sprint vaulting won't activate properly so you get a sprint followed by a slow vault. It's possible to get locked into a crouch and pressing sprint literally does nothing. 

Annnnnnd dropping pallets can be a bit unresponsive but that's just my personal experience. 

Games still fun. I've already made a handful of friends (all killers lol)
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Got called an ######### for not saving my team of all three survivors who were simultaneously hooked in the basement even though the Wraith would have put me on there with them if I tried.

But to be fair though, you can just barely get 20fps as Killer on some maps like Haddonfield and Badham, especially as Doctor.
    The lower FPS cap makes skill checks nasty to manage which makes Skill Check Doctor insurmountable.

I get better FPS on my Toshiba laptop. Just grab a PC, man.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Lag, swf and overall toxicity, since the don't ban console players, lag switchers sometimes, frame rate drops during skill checks and a lot of bugs.Whenever you submit a ticket they instantly mark it as solved promising to fix it, which never happens. My advice - stay away from consoles. This is just from today after playing for an hour
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrSYJFDWjjg

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,697
    Options

I've only ever played on the console and I enjoy it. I'm not saying that anyone else is telling a lie in the thread. Sometimes I get lag when chasing or being chased. When I first started playing, I did get lots of nasty "friend" requests accusing me of camping or tunneling. To be fair, I was camping and tunneling a lot though. The funny part is that I don't go out of my way to do those things anymore and now I get called "sweaty".

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options

There can be some framerate issues for sure. It's especially bad at the worst moments for killers, it'll come grinding right to a halt right as you're approaching them. It's frustrating.

isnt the killer host so it as actually the killers internet?
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Free for ps plus users, framerate drop is as bad as advertised, playing as killer messages need to be off. Console optimization is coming though.
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options
    PS4 is just a bad system in general due to its lack of security and easy hacking in games.
     You can even Ddos the killer if you wanted to.
    dropping frames through idk what methods 

on Xbox you don't get frames drops or lag switchers at all.
     it is once in a blue moon you'll get a guy with such terrible internet that you can't move.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Rootlo said:

Lots of bugs/cheaters?

Thanks.

Depends on what you plan to play.
    I assume you wanna SWF with your gf, i.e. play survivor. You should be fine in this case, survivors dont suffer from controler input and dont suffer as hard as killers from the performance issues.

As killer I would think twice whether you wanna do this to you

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Oblitiry said:
    It's iffy. Good ping players are rare the fps drops when anything speed related activates.

Aiming the flashlight isn't as easy as pc or throwing axes but with practice you can manage easily. Sensitivity on camera controls is limited so players that like really highs sensitivity kinda can't have that. 

Bugs I've found so far would be DS not working sometimes sprint vaulting won't activate properly so you get a sprint followed by a slow vault. It's possible to get locked into a crouch and pressing sprint literally does nothing. 

Annnnnnd dropping pallets can be a bit unresponsive but that's just my personal experience. 

Oblitiry said:

Oblitiry said:

Yup! You nailed it @oblitiry. Still fun though. 
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options
    So, you’re in your chair and you can’t hear worth crap due to the fans going into overdrive. And you can’t use sound to track as killer...
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Well OchiDO's there.
    That should say enough.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    This game is the best. Very enjoyable. When you love something, you look above the flaws. (There aren't many) 
  • kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Just rampant disconnects for me and Long survivor que times which has been screwing up my trophies. Missed it twice now from the last survivor dcing
  • kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    I’ve only had connection based issues