What do you do outside of DBD to relief stress?

DelsKibara
DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

So, I just got off a really stressful and tilting session of DBD (the kind that makes you want to scream and bite into your headphones), and I've been trying to do other stuff to relief stress.

One of those things are usually just starting conversations with other people, take my mind off of the game for a bit ^^;

Which is why I'd like to ask what do you guys do outside of DBD to relief stress & tension? Because lord knows I need that right now.

Comments

• asimplelegion
    asimplelegion Member Posts: 66

If I’m on an swf with friends I will start cracking jokes because I’m the funniest and it puts us all in a better mood especially after a facecamper

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

I have no idea o3o

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Jerk off.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

If you are stressed the first you wanna do is to relax your shoulders, check if your muscles are tensioned and if they are try to let go, it's hard to explain what I mean, but hopefully you get the idea. Then check your breathing, try to breath normally in case you are breathing faster than usual.

Besides that; I like to listen to relaxing music, lay on my bed and not really think about anything, just listen, enjoy and feel the music. Playing the guitar also helps, so you might wanna play an instrument in case you know how to play one.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I know how to make music digitally, though I don't own any instruments myself, sadly ^^;

Relaxing my shoulders and checking my breathing sounds like a good idea though, I'll keep that in mind next time I get this stressed ^^ Thank you.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

I watch Youtube in bed with a nice drink (mostly tea).

Or I go play a different game like League of Legends.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

TMI?

And for the question. I usually just watch cartoons or chat with a friend

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited May 2020

Too Much Information

I play an easy single-player game, write, do some programming, chat with friends or my BF, masturbate, stuff like that.

Post edited by Orion on
  • xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

My cat usually sleeps on my bed next to me so I just pet him if I have a tilting game. His purrs make me happy. 🥰

If I have a bad games in a row I’ll just play something else like Sims or get on my phone.

If I’m screaming internally then something similar to what another person said.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

Go for a run around the block, especially if its really hot.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Chat with my roommates.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I play with my children, spent time with my wife, play pen and paper rpg, and other video games. (or combinations, since i play p&p and some games with my wife)

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Play Dark Souls 3 <3

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Take a break and watch youtube. A speedrun in particular is very helpful. Either a Ratchet and Clank (original trilogy) or Cuphead or Distortion2 speedrun.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Watch horror films.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Anything that takes me away from it. Reading; Podcast; gardening,.. all of those things help.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

imagine playing dbd to relieve stress,anyway,usually after I play dbd too much I need a break to actually relieve the stress dbd had upon me lol

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Even though it is just a game, I agree that DBD can raise stress levels. My profanity filter is definitely deactivated when playing it.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

I just go over to youtube or play a bit of naruto storm 4, against a cpu, that is a relaxing game

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

While this goes against my online persona, I garden. I have a nice big backyard with garden beds, growing peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers. Gives me lots of time outside, but I play DBD to relax at night sometimes after being in the sun.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Play DND or pathfinder with pals, though my usual group is on hiatus, usually just do it over discord

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Put on an ebony mori, my strongest add-ons and perks, and let it out of the next group of survivors.

I know this sounds kind of mean, but considering that the majority of the survivors just want to genrush (which is the equivalent of tunnellling, and camping), I do not feel any bad for this.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Paint more Warhammer 40k miniatures than I would like to admit to owning, jump over to something single player like the Borderlands franchise, so some creative writing especially revolving around Dungeons and Dragons, maybe go and practice some of my martial arts (shotokan karate and kickboxing) or crack open a cold one.

Or usually go to bed after some Youtube, as I normally play DbD, or my xbox in generally really late at night.

Sometimes if it's been a really annoying day, or I'm just fed up with a killer in particular, I'll over-analyze everything about them and come up with another entry into The [Killer] Problem because they take about an hour or two to write, weeks of deliberation to come up with the themes, sometimes a good whisky and most of my mental fortitude.

Basically tire myself out on something else until I cannot concentrate in anything any more.