A message to killer mains, how do you counter 360's?

Options

Hello fellow killer mains. How do you guys counter 360s/window techs/locker techs/ dumb tech and things like that??? I am looking for some tips because I am a rank 10 survivor main but I am starting to play a lot of killer.

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

To counter 360s just watch them do it then hit them

to counter window tech just look behind you everytime you vault

Idk what locker tech is

To counter dumb tech just dont lunge

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

Dumb tech? Whats that?

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

^^this. Don’t Lunge, keep FOV.

If you’re getting 360’d very often, you’re playing on a sensitivity too low to maintain field of view on the survivor.

• MisterNegatives
    MisterNegatives Member Posts: 32
    Options

Dumb tech is when a survivor stuns you with a pallet then vaults it "through you" to cause confusion or just simply "to troll" As a survivor I do this a lot because usually the killer doesn't know that you vaulted it, its all about timing...

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488
    Options

I play on a very high sensitivity. If they can some how manage to avoid the god tier flick then I'll just stand and watch for a second until they are right in front of me.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    edited May 2020
    Options

for 360s, just wait for them to do it and then hit them on console. For pc, you should be able to track their movement and hit them easier, so you can just lunge (unless you have a low sensitivity)

when somebody window techs, just moonwalk to where you want to go but look behind you to make sure they didnt do it. if they did, just follow them

with a dumb tech, just dont lunge. try to listen to their footsteps and follow them with that

whats a locker tech?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Take a step back for 360. Window bug can't really be countered atm since sound is complete garbage

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited May 2020
    Options

step to the side to block their rotation.. or just wait for them to finish their little juke and then swing. Dumb tech- once you know it exists you shouldn't fall for it. Window tech - vault and moonwalk for a sec to check if the survivor has gone through you; also look at your feet in case they decided to remain "inside" you and ran in the same direction as you. Locker tech - not much you can do about that aside from finding and downing/chasing away the second survivor

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

Not lunging for 360. The window thing is annoying but most of the time not moving immediately if you didn't see then run anywhere is enough. It can be a free slap if you catch it. Never had anyone actually dumb tech me. If someone dodges and attack with a locker usually they won't get too far regardless, just buys their team more time.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited May 2020
    Options

Be patient, take a step back, wait for it to end, smack them.

The one that gets me is the little juke they do that cheeses the auto aim, pisses me right tf off.

Nothing you can do to counter locker tech, if it happens to you once in a game, theyre going to do it again. When they try it again anticipate it and fake that youre going to open the locker, when the guy steps out go after him.

If you think theyre going to window tech as soon as you step through turn and look, if you dont see scratches go the other way

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    Options

Locker tech is when the killer grabs a survivor from a locker, and another survivor gets a fl save from it.

There is nothing the killer can do other than look for the survivor with the flashlight, or just leave the survivor in the locker.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Sorry but this is bad advice. If you do this youre going to get juked to high heaven by the better survivors that know how to cheese the auto aim.

Patience is key. Wait for it to end, smack them with quicj attack. You should be smelling their farts so lunge isnt necessary

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Like most here said don't lunge and follow them for 360

And hope you have a decent pc, i know that on my old toaster that ran this game at 20 fps 360's were a nightmare and bassicly a cointoss

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

One thing that works for me, especially if they managed to do it before, is to simply stop and back up a step or two then swing. Survivors tend to not expect that and it makes the 360 into nothing more than a waste of energy.

• Real_Cheesus
    Real_Cheesus Member Posts: 20
    Options

Others have said it, but yeah just waiting out the 360 and then hitting them once they are all turned around and trying to regain their bearings is generally how I do it. 360s are very inconsistent, however, and survivors (on console) are generally much better off doing a severe wiggle back and forth since that will more consistently throw off the killer's auto-aim.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

up your sensitivity, the higher it is the easier killer is in general. you can also hit most 360`s as i noticed i couldnt turn as fast as they was able to run around me on lo sensitivity. or step back a little bit and basic a quick attack, sadly if theres bad connection (on console) the auto aim can still f you over sometimes but thats more of the wiggle issue instead of a 360

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Idk, i just follow them with my mouse and hit them when i know i will hit successfully.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

On PS4 I run killer sensitivity at 85 and don’t have too many issues with 360’s, though when the servers are janky a survivor can go from in front of you to behind you in 1-2 frames so it can be disorienting. Play at the highest sensitivity you are able to. Until bhvr ups the FPS on console it will always be a bit tricky. Also, pay attention to survivors habits, most will always turn the same direction.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

oh.. i never even knew this was a tech.. and nobody has even tried it on me.. which is a shame because i run Enduring on like %80 of my killers as a basic perk lol

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Your sensitivity should always be maxed unless you're playing Billy. There's no benefit to a lower sensitivity. Get used to playing at maxed out sens

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

Hi-hi, fellow Killer! I just stand and watch them while singing the Chorus to Queen of Disaster by Lana Del Rey and laughing as I poke them after. :3

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

360's Press S and swing in case they're trying to body press you.

Window tech... look down after you vault a window.

Locker tech....open the locker instead of swinging at it.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

360 = back up. I sometimes lose sight of them if I try and keep the camera on them, so simply back up two or three steps. Much easier.

Window tech = tilt your camera to the ground when vaulting. So as to catch sight of them, be it their pants, Dwights bells, or Blendettes hair.

Locker tech = Bit tricky. If they were recently unhooked, then it could be DS. Either wait it out, or move on. If they're popping in to avoid an attack, then they're going to pop out during the animation. Sometimes you can catch them in a grab. Or bait them out. They could have Head On, so keep to the side of the locker. Move in, then back out in order to attempt the bait.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

I just sit there and watch them spin in circles like a clown then hit them haha

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 251
    Options

I have sensitivity maxed, spin with them and m1.

ez

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495
    Options

I play on xbox so its not always super consistent but i miss probably 1 out of every 40 swings now or somewhere around there. I put my sensitivity to 75 because the new 100 is too much for my liking. Just wait for them to stop trying to juke and center them in your screen lol. They can only spin so many times before inevitably panicing and try to go the opposite direction. Thats when you swing

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I play in a controller on PC and what I do for jukes/360s is do a turning lunge. I'll start a lunge then turn the same direction they do as the attack happens. It's mostly effective but sometimes they'll quickly turn the other direction from me and I miss.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

lol, after reading this thread I was starting to freak out cause not a single person was countering 360s like I do until this post. All this no lunge and step back stuff confused me cause I really thought my method was the normal one. But yeah, like JHondo, I just lunge and if they move towards any direction, I spin the mouse hard in that direction. The arch of the hit detection cone moving will cover a huge area that way. Not sure how to do it on console though; maybe that's why a lot of people had different advice.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Pray. I’m on console and play graphic heavy Killers.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Honestly, the most powerful survivor tactic isn't 360s but "aim dressing"

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I'm using a controller on PC cause I'm weird like that lol, and it works similarly to just slamming the mouse by just slamming the joystick in the direction they move while lunging. If I miss it is what it is, buys them a whole extra two seconds since I also run Unrelenting a lot