DBD is unplayable...

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Yesterday, 7 games straight got to play against rank 18 to 20 killers... I'm a rank 1 survivor... Either we need more players or it's matchmaking... again... Or both..?

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Options

I really hate this, if I play killer I have fun, I'm a really good killer, so, no problem against SWF red ranks, but if I play survivor... There's just no challenge... This really needs to change...

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

They haven't fixed matchmaking yet, so I guess you could say it's broken again?

• Real_Cheesus
    Real_Cheesus Member Posts: 20
    Options

You'd be doing God's work if you went online and started stomping some of the bullying SWFs that are just having a hay-day right now. Haha. I'm a mid-rank killer (rank 3-4) and it's very often not fun for me (on PS4) since SWF feels so unfair. How do you deal with survs that have 3-4 extra perk slots? I'd love some advice.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

Yuck, sorry to hear that. I had the opposite last night. I played about 10 games last night and had 5 games with Rank 1 killers, but that is literally more Rank 1 killers than I have had in the past two months. But usually I'm versing Rank 14 - 10 killers.

(Over my last 79 red rank solo queue survivor games I've had 9 games with rank 1 killers - 5 of which were from last night. 50% of those games were rank 14-10 killers)

• Carlosylu
    Options

I have to be honest it's a must to pick killers, to get 3k+ against SWF red ranks I usually use Trapper (main), Freddy, Spirit, Huntress or Billie, any other is practically impossible unless you play dirty (which I don't like).

As trapper, bring in extra trapps and the addon to down if they get trapped, place one trap on each exit door lever as soon as the game starts, trap shack's basement, bring someone into the basement, trap shack's window and both entrances, go away, it's down after down, 4k every game. Perks: Iron Grasp, Agitation, Unrelenting and NOED.

As Freddy: Addons for fake pallets and one to reduce gen times. Perks: Ruin, NOED, Blood Warden and Discordance. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

As Huntress: Extra axes and Exhausting status addons. Perks: Discordance, Unrelenting, PWYF and NOED. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

As Spirit: Addons for shift speed and lower recovery of the power. Peks: Discordance, Nemesis, Rancor and Blood Warden. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

As Billie: Ultra fast chainsaw charge and turning addons. Perks: Discordance, BBQ, Ruin and Blood Warden. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

Hope this helps. :)

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

Maybe all the older players are leaving,while there is more new players coming,therefore the game is split between the alot smaller pool of experienced players/all the newcomers.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

Maybe more people are playing but they are on surv side. Starting as killer is bs. I would not recommend to anyone and I switched sides because there is no point playing killer against reds and swfs all the time and getting stomped.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Honestly I never see the reasons killer mains quit the game

yes swf can be extremely rough to beat but it’s not an every game thing where it’s one of the really good ones

hex ruin did get a drastic change but all in all it was for the better for higher ranks as most survivors could hit great skill checks and I find it working better besides the one problem all totems have 5 second cleanses

And lastly while matchmaking is bad just sticking through it until you have the points for good perks to counter the higher rank players perks will help immensely I went through this for awhile stuck through it now I am rank 1 on killer

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

Never fear Survivors! I will spend all enternity hunting, tormenting and murdering you all! And now that cross play is a reality there is plenty of SpookyStabby to go around! ;3 Catch ya in The Fog!

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I think the reason you don't see these reasons is because you have a healthy mindset and don't resort to victimizing yourself when you encounter challenges. We could use more dbd players like you.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    Options

Yes swf is not every game but really often it is. If you are lucky not getting against swf then there is red and purple ranks running meta perks looping you for ages and popping 5 gens without you ever landing a single hit. Perks don't do ######### when you can't even get close to players way out of your league. Sure I could just stick through it but that honestly that is just straight up bs. Why should I, as a new player just stick through getting bullied while learning the game and grinding perks? That makes absolutely no fkin sense.

• RizeAki
    Options

Sorry I forgot my last point on the matchmaking in a few weeks or a month it seems at most we will lose the current matchmaking anyways so soon you will find better matches I more of meant to stay stick with it until then I know the struggle you feel I went through it as well while playing one of the weaker killers Legion but I managed to stick through it all and now I can keep up gen pressure and get those kills even against high rank swf groups and I know if you just stick through it and just play to your best ability and have fun you can do it as well it’s a multiplayer game we all just need to help each other have fun

• hahadrillgobrrr
    Options

It really isn't fun for me when I can't get even m1s in. I'm sticking on surv side and make queues longer as long as changes come to matchmaking.

• RizeAki
    Options

But if you decide to quit you are the problem the matchmaking got this way cuz people quit too much it can’t be fixed if every time someone doesn’t get their way they leave

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2020
    Options

There's way more people playing on average now.

It's matchmaking, it's been for a while.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    Options

No don't blame it on me and others when it is devs fault for making system that is so badly done that nobody wants to play killer. They should have fixed it long time ago. Now they talked about new algorithm coming but no timeline for it. It could be next week, next month, next year. Why the fk should I care when devs don't care?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    edited May 2020
    Options

1)

2)

In the most recent dev stream (anniversary), they confirmed that this matchmaking is almost ready and should be ready for release next month.

• RizeAki
    Options

So them constantly pushing out updates and content for everyone to enjoy is them not caring you know you are right please quit the game so we can have players that actually respect the hard work the developers are doing

• hahadrillgobrrr
    Options

I haven't enjoyed getting my ass handed to me game after game after game. I would much rather sit in a queue for 10 mins than getting insta queues just to lose in 5 mins. And I believe many others feel this way, as we can see in the lack of killers playing this game. They could have at least tried to fix the matchmaking to make it more bearable in the mean time while getting their next matchmaking system ready. But they decided not to. And people wonder why moris and camping is on the rise. And what use is of new content if it only caters the veterans and survivors but not new players?

• Carlosylu
    Options

Last 3 days have been quite horrible Boss, IDK, low rank killers almost every game

• RizeAki
    Options

So because you are not skilled at the game you want to ruin gameplay for others?

• hahadrillgobrrr
    Options

Because I'm not skilled my gameplay can be ruined by others? Why should people having fun be on me? Why couldn't we all have fun by balanced matchmaking? Why should I be responsible for survivors to have fun while I cannot?

• RizeAki
    Options

Killer mains can not complain because when it comes down to it survivors can have the worst end of the stick and this is from a literal killer main they have no balance whatsoever and will get crap for it when it’s just them playing how they want solo is too weak rn compared to swf and killer duo is balance and alright 3 man is tilted in survivor favor and 4 man can be op but saying they shouldn’t be allowed to have friends to play with is wrong and just sounds like you want them weaker then killer

• RizeAki
    Options

That’s what I said was everyone should have fun it sucks that some things aren’t as balanced as we all want them to be but we are so close to having that take a huge step in the right direction

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

Yup, most games as survivor are really boring. That's why I'm a killer main now or maybe I play both sides equally, not sure. I still have my doubts about this so called bug, I also believe it's due to a lack of killers, but whatever the problem is I hope it's fixed soon.

• RizeAki
    Options

They said on the live-stream in a month more at most it seemed we should have this fix and they are also in works on a pre game collapse which should help slow the game enough for up to 60 seconds so everyone can enjoy a game longer then 2min

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,692
    Options

For me, it is unplayable. Not in the "I don't like it therefore it is horrible and unplayable" sense of the phrase either. I mean it is literally unplayable. I haven't been able to play for almost 2 months now due to a save error bug. Every time I log in I am kicked out with an error message within 5 minutes. Sometimes I'll get a match started only to be disconnected as the match would start. Literally unplayable. I've deleted the game and redownloaded. I've submitted help tickets. Nothing works. So yes. For some of us the game is indeed unplayable.

• Carlosylu
    Options

I really want this fixed, it's not nice playing against noob players and making them leave the game cause of the experience or just let myself get hooked for them not to have such a hard time...

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340
    Options

I mean, not being toxic and saying gg to the newb killer goes a long way to keeping them in the game.

I'm not accusing you specifically of being toxic, I just feel that the general level of toxicity is way more detrimental to new player retention than being paired against red ranks as a rank 15 killer.

• Carlosylu
    Options

The problem is that owning the killer, no flashlight spamming, no teabagging, just looping him without him being able to hit you even once gets people off the game... I don't consider myself toxic, don't worry, I play for fun, no need to harm someone in the process, but I like a challenge, and going vs a new killer who didn't even know he could choose perks or addons (this actually haappened...) is a really boring and bad experience.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340
    Options

Yeah, that's definitely something to think about too. A newbie with Deerstalker and Thrill of the Hunt (but no other hexes) probably won't do much against a couple of red ranks running BT/DS/DH/Adrenaline

• Carlosylu
    Options

Even worse man, I ran those killers for 5 gens and escaped... Just imagine... I didn't even used my perks, and tthe only meta I have is BT. In one match the killer got one of my friends and decided to face camp, I found a Flashlight in a chest, blinded him, unhooked and that was it, an instant DC...

In my honest opinion, Devs should block ranks 16-20 in terms of only being able to face killers on their color, regardless of how much time they spent waiting for a match. They need to help new killers.